IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Official Texans @ Cardinals Game Thread, 8/14/2010

I feel the excitement rushing through my veins. You would think I was the one suiting up August 14th at University of Phoenix Stadium...

As I have silently observed training camps, read forums and blogs there has been a consistent ringing "KJax burned again". Of course he has been going up against THE BEST WR in the league (although it hasn't just been AJ). McCain has been the only one that has been considered a consistent cover and he has been labeled too short...The only word I keep hearing when it comes to our secondary is physical...I hope that is code for...will knock WRs around and make them fear coming across the middle...jamming WRs allowing time for our pass rush to get to the QB etc...

With our first two preseason games against two of the most prolific passing attacks in the league(Arizona, New Orleans), I think we will get a chance to see, at least in part, where our secondary stands-and pass rush for that matter.

Of course we know Arizona has a new field general (Leinart); Fitzgerald, Brees, and Colston wont see too many snaps. However, I am still hoping to see some hard hitting, sacks, and most importantly at least a few INTs.

Lets Go Texans...
Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Less than 4 days away from Texans vs. Cardinals. But who's counting?

Degenerate gamblers will note that the game odds rate from a pickem to Texans favored by 1.5.

Starters will probably only be in for a series or two so we should see a lot of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers fighting for a spot....
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 AM
All-Pro

Finally at 7 PM this Saturday we get to see our Texans in a practice game against another team. I'm hoping to see a better running game and good play by our DB's. Just can't wait.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
All-Pro

We probably won't see much of anyone important. A win would be nice for momentum sake but I don't think it is as critical as previous years when the team needed to believe in themselves.

This one's probably more critical for the draft choices and roster fodder. It will be a good test for the backup QBs though - to see if we need to start looking for a better one than Orlovsky and Booty.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Pro Bowler

Well its official according to houstontexans.com:

"- First-round draft pick Kareem Jackson will miss the Texans' preseason opener at Arizona on Saturday. The rookie cornerback out of Alabama will be in Georgia attending the funeral of his grandmother, who passed away earlier this week. Second-year cornerback Brice McCain will start opposite Glover Quin in Jackson's place. "We'll just pick up everybody else's play and get a chance to see more guys this week, and we've got to make it up with Kareem next week," Kubiak said."

My prayers go out to him and his family.

However, I sure would've liked to get a chance to see him go up against the likes of fitgerald, if not only for 5-10 plays. Well there's always week 2 against NO, another prolific passing attack.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Pro Bowler

A few questions I have going into the game:

-How long will Jacoby play?
-What does Mr. Mitchell look like in real game action?
-What will we see from BTate?
-Will there be much change in the offensive scheme without Kyle?
-Has Connor progressed from year 1 to 2?
-Is Caldwell polished enough to take our running game to new heights this year?

I probably wont get all these questions answered but I definitely will get an idea.