IntheBullseye.com

IntheBullseye.com (http://inthebullseye.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Texans (http://inthebullseye.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Texans @ Cardinals Game Thread, 8/14/2010 (http://inthebullseye.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1089)

Big Texas 08-08-2010 12:02 PM

Official Texans @ Cardinals Game Thread, 8/14/2010

I feel the excitement rushing through my veins. You would think I was the one suiting up August 14th at University of Phoenix Stadium...

As I have silently observed training camps, read forums and blogs there has been a consistent ringing "KJax burned again". Of course he has been going up against THE BEST WR in the league (although it hasn't just been AJ). McCain has been the only one that has been considered a consistent cover and he has been labeled too short...The only word I keep hearing when it comes to our secondary is physical...I hope that is code for...will knock WRs around and make them fear coming across the middle...jamming WRs allowing time for our pass rush to get to the QB etc...

With our first two preseason games against two of the most prolific passing attacks in the league(Arizona, New Orleans), I think we will get a chance to see, at least in part, where our secondary stands-and pass rush for that matter.

Of course we know Arizona has a new field general (Leinart); Fitzgerald, Brees, and Colston wont see too many snaps. However, I am still hoping to see some hard hitting, sacks, and most importantly at least a few INTs.

Lets Go Texans...

Arky 08-10-2010 10:38 PM

Less than 4 days away from Texans vs. Cardinals. But who's counting? ;)

Degenerate gamblers will note that the game odds rate from a pickem to Texans favored by 1.5.

Starters will probably only be in for a series or two so we should see a lot of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers fighting for a spot....

Nconroe 08-11-2010 01:06 AM

Finally at 7 PM this Saturday we get to see our Texans in a practice game against another team. I'm hoping to see a better running game and good play by our DB's. Just can't wait.

HPF Bob 08-11-2010 08:06 PM

We probably won't see much of anyone important. A win would be nice for momentum sake but I don't think it is as critical as previous years when the team needed to believe in themselves.

This one's probably more critical for the draft choices and roster fodder. It will be a good test for the backup QBs though - to see if we need to start looking for a better one than Orlovsky and Booty.

Big Texas 08-11-2010 09:42 PM

Well its official according to houstontexans.com:

"- First-round draft pick Kareem Jackson will miss the Texans' preseason opener at Arizona on Saturday. The rookie cornerback out of Alabama will be in Georgia attending the funeral of his grandmother, who passed away earlier this week. Second-year cornerback Brice McCain will start opposite Glover Quin in Jackson's place. "We'll just pick up everybody else's play and get a chance to see more guys this week, and we've got to make it up with Kareem next week," Kubiak said."

My prayers go out to him and his family.

However, I sure would've liked to get a chance to see him go up against the likes of fitgerald, if not only for 5-10 plays. Well there's always week 2 against NO, another prolific passing attack.

Big Texas 08-11-2010 09:48 PM

A few questions I have going into the game:

-How long will Jacoby play?
-What does Mr. Mitchell look like in real game action?
-What will we see from BTate?
-Will there be much change in the offensive scheme without Kyle?
-Has Connor progressed from year 1 to 2?
-Is Caldwell polished enough to take our running game to new heights this year?

I probably wont get all these questions answered but I definitely will get an idea.

Fonz the Boss 08-12-2010 05:14 AM

Thats sucks man... No K-Jack for the first preseason game. But its understandable, family comes first.

nunusguy 08-12-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz the Boss (Post 20568)
Thats sucks man... No K-Jack for the first preseason game. But its understandable, family comes first.

For a rookie, especially our top Draft pick and the player who is supposed to replace D-Rob as the starter at one of the all-important CB positions, this game is very important but still it's just preseason. However I've got to wonder what Jackson would do if this was the season opener against Peyton/Colts in Reliant ? He might need to make a different decision ?

painekiller 08-12-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 20569)
For a rookie, especially our top Draft pick and the player who is supposed to replace D-Rob as the starter at one of the all-important CB positions, this game is very important but still it's just preseason. However I've got to wonder what Jackson would do if this was the season opener against Peyton/Colts in Reliant ? He might need to make a different decision ?

He has had a hammy issue this week, so I am guessing he would have been limited in the game. So not a huge deal.

Arky 08-12-2010 09:45 PM

Go here for a 2-page, printer-ready list of the roster sorted by jersey number. Comes in handy when keeping up with the new guys.....

Fonz the Boss 08-13-2010 02:28 AM

I did a Madden 11 sim of this pre season game and we won 24-17. The first group defense did give up a long TD pass on the Cards' first drive though. Let's see what happens.

TheMatrix31 08-13-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 20569)

It's a funeral. I wouldn't expect him to play.

dalemurphy 08-13-2010 03:07 PM

"gameday thread" are two beautiful words!

dalemurphy 08-14-2010 12:42 PM

Here's a list of things to watch tonight with some attention focused on the Cardinals' personnel and their strengths/weaknesses:

Texans Bull Blog

HPF Bob 08-14-2010 03:03 PM

TV in Austin

Well, this is odd.

On the Time Warner System in Austin, the Texans-Cardinals game is not going to be available on the basic tier, but it is available on the HD tier on Channel 1525. Apparently, KXAN has the rights to the game but they are not showing it instead of the regular Saturday night programming on their main channel. Instead, they are showing it on one of their secondary HD channels.

I suspect, if you have one of those boxes to convert over-the-air HD signals, you can also get it that way. I have no idea about satellite customers but I would suggest you look in the extra channels for local stations. It appears NFL Network will have a replay of the game in the wee hours of Monday morning.

San Antonio viewers will find the game on KMYS, Channel 35.

Nconroe 08-14-2010 06:48 PM

13 more minutes , looking forward to the practice game starting.

Arky 08-14-2010 06:59 PM

Ol' Bob Allen on Ch 13 looks like he's been visiting Jerry Jones cosmetologist.... :eek:

Arky 08-14-2010 07:07 PM

Gametime!

Texans win the flip and will receive....

Holliday brings the kickoff back to the 34.

Keith 08-14-2010 07:08 PM

woohoo, underway

nice return by the rook.

Arky 08-14-2010 07:09 PM

Schaub's short pass to Dreesen is batted away. Brings up 2nd and 10.

Schaub throws complete to Walter for 16 yards. 1st down.

Foster runs for 20 off left tackle.

Foster gets about 4 yards on 1st down. Brings up 2nd and 6.

Dump to D Anderson good for about 3. Brings up 3rd and 4 at the 23.

Pass to AJ complete for the 1st down. But AJ fumbles - refs rule Cards ball. Challenge in the works?