IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-10-2009, 03:55 AM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,291
Default

On another note, Kubiak mentioned yesterday on his radio show that they submitted a case to the league regarding this play. I would not be surprised if this play shows up on the NFLN show with Mike Pereira later this week...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,291
Default

Here, from the Chron:

Quote:
Fumbled call
The Texans thought the officials on the field made the correct call when they ruled running back Ryan Moats was out of bounds when he lost the ball with 2:30 left in the first half of Sunday's 20-17 loss to the Colts.

The Texans displayed a picture Monday that showed safety Antoine Bethea was out of bounds with Moats on top of him and the ball coming out. If Bethea was out of bounds, everything that happened afterward shouldn't have been considered.

Even though the officials blew their whistles that the play was over, referee Jeff Triplette changed the call after reviewing it. He ruled the ball came out when Moats was on top of Bethea and that Bethea was in bounds.

Triplette said cornerback Jerraud Powers had picked up the ball on the goal line, but because he had been out of bounds and had one foot out of bounds when he picked up the ball, it was ruled a fumble out of the end zone and a Colts touchback.

When the officials blew their whistles, the play should have been dead, and Powers' picking up the ball would have been moot.

“I haven't talked to anybody yet,” coach Gary Kubiak said about conferring with the NFL office. “We filed our report, and then we'll get a response back.”

Silence not golden
After Ryan Moats was ruled down at the Colts' 1, the Texans lined up to run the next play, but Gary Kubiak told Matt Schaub to let the clock run until the two-minute warning. Kubiak expected to score, and he didn't want Colts quarterback Peyton Manning to get the ball back with enough time to score.

None of his coaches in the booth told Kubiak to run a play before Indianapolis could challenge the fumble. During the two-minute break, the Colts watched replays, and coach Jim Caldwell challenged that it was a fumble, and the play was overturned.

“You've got six guys in the booth,” Kubiak said. “Headset-wise, you're hooked into just certain people, but I want them all to look. I want to hear everybody's opinion — the guys on the field, the guys in the booth. But ultimately it's my decision, so I've got to listen and go from there.”
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2025, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.