IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM
All-Pro

I agree Duntra gave us Texans a few good years. So thanks for all of that.

Then, he got injured and hasn't been the same since, either in mind or physically. He was to vocal in wrong way to expect too much from Texans this off season.

If a trade for a fourth didn't happen, I think Texans are known for being fair to players and letting them go easily to do a new deal for themselves.

So, while I wish him luck, I don't think he will be a superstar , which doesn't mean some team won't pay him quite well.

Best to get someone disgruntled off the team, out of the locker room.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Veteran Depth

Are we a better team without him? absolutely not. It'd be absurd to say so. Am I glad we didn't waste f-tag money on him? of course. Fact is, Dunta and I notched the exact same number of interceptions last year, and I was drunk for most of the games.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbowlbound View Post
Are we a better team without him? absolutely not. It'd be absurd to say so. Am I glad we didn't waste f-tag money on him? of course. Fact is, Dunta and I notched the exact same number of interceptions last year, and I was drunk for most of the games.
Kind of how he seemed to play most of the hear. Seemed to sober up a bit near the end of the year.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular Starter

According to reports Robinson is signing with the Falcons. I remember when he started his holdout there were those who said he didn't really want to play for the Texans because he wanted to play close to home. Looks like he got his wish.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:43 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtinylittle View Post
According to reports Robinson is signing with the Falcons. Looks like he got his wish.
Signed for 6 years somewhere between 8-10Mil per year. Glad the Falcons thought he was worth it, cause I sure don't.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Regular Starter

Dunta may have been delusional, but the Falcons need some serious drug testing and counseling.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Pro Bowler

If the Facons are willing to pay dRob $8-10M/yr, maybe they think they know something we don't. Maybe now he will revert to his old self. Of course I wish him all the worst!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Drafted Rookie

I'm extremely glad he is gone. I wanted him gone last year. He is a cancer and he can go spread to the Falcons.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Pro Bowler

I don't think he's a CANCER, but if he didn't want to be here then fine. 27 million guaranteed is ABSURD.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Drafted Rookie

Im going to laugh when he underachieves and the Falcons realize all those injuries have slowed him a step from when he was it his best. Im betting theyll cut him after two years.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:38 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
27 million guaranteed is ABSURD.
Whether you hate Robinson, love him, have indifferent sentiments about him, agree or disagree about his talents, 27 M is not ABSURD, it's the MARKET. It is what the market brought in admittedly an uncapped year of FA which is a wildcard element that perhaps inflates the going market rate of a normal capped year ?
Old 03-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Regular Starter

Dunta and his agent played it out right for them. If the rumors were correct and he turned down 23MM from the Texans, now he gets 27MM guaranteed, then it is well played by them.

I wish he was back here, but understand why this might be the best for all involved and also hope he is happy going back home. Nobody can fault him for that after so many clamour for every State of Texas product to come here.

While #23 was not the same player last year as he was prior to his injury, I have no doubt that he played as hard as he could while he was here. Good luck #23, and thanks for the heart and desire, you sir, are a football warrior.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:44 AM
All-Pro

I heard the offer last summer off injury was 23M, but this spring was 33M and he didn't like that either. He was determined to go. I thought Dunta had become a dissatisfied player and distraction and if he wanted to go, that is best for everyone. And he did have lots of heart. I also think he won't earn the money which is fairly typical of these big free agent deals, many don't pay off, of course some do, and teams need to try and improve.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:24 PM
All-Pro

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

The Atlanta Falcons have signed free-agent cornerback Dunta Robinson(notes), the Houston Texans’ career interceptions leader, to a six-year, $57 million contract.

The team confirmed the deal on Saturday. It was reported Friday that the Falcons and Robinson had agreed to terms.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm extremely glad he is gone. I wanted him gone last year. He is a cancer and he can go spread to the Falcons.
This is ridiculous. A cancer? Come on. He was a very good player who lost a bit after an injury. The Texans were better with him on the field than without him. But there is no freaking way he is worth this money. Good for him that he got the money he wanted and good for the Texans who will hopefully get younger and healthier at the position.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:32 AM
All-Pro

Well, Dunta for sure cashed in - second highest paid CB in the league. and 25.5M of that 57M is guaranteed. maybe that will get us a high draft pick as compensation in next years draft.

It looks to me like there were by nfl stats 170 DB's with more interceptions than DR in 2009, including several Texans with 1 or more, DR had 0..
and 69 DB's who had more tackles than DR, including Glover Quin and Bernard Pollard of Texans, DR at 64.
So, by playing time he was a top 30 CB but not by results.

Anytime you come on and say pay me on your shoes, don't show up for 10m contract till last available day, make other public remarks, perhaps you are pretty close to a cancer for a team.

And I think there is a good chance we can get younger and better at the CB position that DR had. last year maybe he was our second best CB and usually got tough assignment from other team, he did play hard after about the 4th game once he got back in shape after his personal holdout.

Anyways, I would say best luck to him in the future.

Last edited by Nconroe; 03-07-2010 at 12:08 PM.