IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Default OC Chris Myers Re-Signed

Whew .....

Texans reached agreement with C Chris Myers. -- Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

Chris Myers contract with Houston: 4 years for $25mil with $14mil fully guaranteed. -- Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM
All-Pro

Default OC Chris Myers Re-Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I bet we lose Myers, and if I'm mistaken I'll acknowledge that I initially overreacted to his situation. I hope I get that chance to do so ?
The Texans re-signed Pro Bowl C Chris Myers, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Terms of the agreement were not available, but retaining Myers was a major priority for the Texans, who had already lost LT Eric Winston (released) and OG Mike Brisiel (Raiders) earlier this week.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/17847899
As promised, I'm back to eat a large helping of crow. And I was worried, but I'm better now. Brisiel and Winston are gone, but I wasn't as worried about losing either one of those guys as I was Myers.
OK, we've taken some hits this FA, but we'll survive. Now on to the Draft to hopefully repair the damage !
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Drafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
Whew .....

Texans reached agreement with C Chris Myers. -- Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

Chris Myers contract with Houston: 4 years for $25mil with $14mil fully guaranteed. -- Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
Well I'm glad we got him back for continuity sake but that is a lot of money for Meyers. Not real worried about the rest of the right side. Betting on olb for 1st rnd now unless they a wr falls in their lap they can't pass up.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Gah, that's a lot of money for a center, but oh well.... They need to draft his replacement this year - perhaps a C or C/G in the 2nd or 3rd round.. give him a couple of years to get groomed and then bring him in... Myers needs a good backup, anyway..

edit: jcp said kinda the same thing I did.... that'll teach me not to watch the NBA while posting...
Old 03-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Administrator

More contract info:

Quote:
John McClain@McClain_on_NFL
C Chris Myers gets $25 mil over 4 yrs. SB of $8 mil. $14 mil guaranteed. Bases of 2.5, 3.5, 5 and 6. First 2 years guaranteed
Old 03-17-2012, 01:18 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Gah, that's a lot of money for a center, but oh well.... They need to draft his replacement this year - perhaps a C or C/G in the 2nd or 3rd round.. give him a couple of years to get groomed and then bring him in... Myers needs a good backup, anyway..

edit: jcp said kinda the same thing I did.... that'll teach me not to watch the NBA while posting...
Stl just gave 31 year old Scott wells an identical contract. That's 2012 nfl economics. Salaries are sky rocketing while the cap stays the same.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 PM
All-Pro

Great news we were able to keep Meyers for sure. Lots of crazy money out there in FA this years as well as lots of FA. Curious abouyt draft and how we will look in August now.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Pro Bowler

I agree. Myers would have been near to impossible to replace this coming season. Rashad Butler can replace Eric Winston at RT, and Caldwell can replace Briesel at RG, but there just was not a viable OC.