IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 05-04-2021, 11:14 AM
All-Pro

Default Is Pep Hamilton the next OC or maybe HC?

The first three picks all have ties to Pep Hamilton, there is no ties to Tim Kelly with any of the picks. Pep is the Passing Game coordinator, I thought that was what Tim did well, certainly he sucked in the Run Game. So what does this say about the future of lame duck Tim Kelly and the unqualified David Cully?

Is Pep being set up as the next guy?
Old 05-04-2021, 01:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Don't know but makes me wonder about the state the Texans scouting. How does a newcomer come in and have such influence?

Either he promoted his friends/previous players to the big show or he was knowledgeable enough to recognize they were better value than anyone else at the time. Hoping it is the latter... They could become good adds or not - have to wait and see on that one.

If they (the draftees) do become productive, he's certainly making a case for himself to be in consideration as the next HC.

I was expecting a defense oriented draft. The Texans are saying they have addressed/are addressing defense in other ways....
Old 05-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
The first three picks all have ties to Pep Hamilton, there is no ties to Tim Kelly with any of the picks. Pep is the Passing Game coordinator, I thought that was what Tim did well, certainly he sucked in the Run Game. So what does this say about the future of lame duck Tim Kelly and the unqualified David Cully?

Is Pep being set up as the next guy?
I'd be willing to bet that Pep is the OC next season, and Kelly will get his papers. I'm thinking Kelly was kept around as a bridge for #4, and since there will likely not be a #4, for one reason or another, there is no reason for Kelly. Whether or not he eventually assumes the HC role...who knows. I can see another total house cleaning coming in year three or four of the Casserio regime, as that would buy him a contract extension due to new staffing and him being about to play the angle of having his contract align with his new HC/staff.