IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Hall of Fame

Foster for -1.

Quick out to AJ gets 5 or 6.

Pass to AJ gets about 8. Ball at the Charger 24.

Foster for no gain. Under a minute left in the game.

Foster for no gain. Texans running down the clock to attempt a game winning FG. 5 seconds left.

Bullock on for the 41-yarder.

FG is good!

Texans win!

Texans 31, Chargers 28.

Whew!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Pro Bowler

ANDRE JOHNSON IS A BEAST....

On another note....

Foster has looked really bad...
Old 09-10-2013, 12:46 AM
All-Pro

Exhale.

Secondary woke up and Rivers started throwing ground balls, but the pass rush has to get home or we can't play how we play. But hey, no 1st downs on the last 5 drives, hard to complain.

I actually think all we needed was Bob's proclamation (based on 3/4 of the first game of the year) that modern football had passed us by. From that point forward we turned back the clock and didn't give up another 1st down. Thanks for the reverse jinx Bob.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Pro Bowler

What a game....

We have to mix up the man and zone coverages. I am pretty sure all the other teams were watching. They have already began to put together a gameplan on how to beat us...
Old 09-10-2013, 12:49 AM
All-Pro

Like Barrett said, we got a gift on that penalty they called on our FG try that gave us a 1st down, but I still never thought we'd come back from that 3 TD hole we dug for ourselves. Feel real fortunate to start 1-0 tonight.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:49 AM
All-Pro

Very sweet come back win. Ok as a first game win.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Pro Bowler

Rivers turned back into his usual pumpkin self once the D decided to get physical. That's how this D needs to play. Aggressive, fast and downhill. The O even picked up their pace and good things happened.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:54 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Like Barrett said, we got a gift on that penalty they called on our FG try that gave us a 1st down, but I still never thought we'd come back from that 3 TD hole we dug for ourselves. Feel real fortunate to start 1-0 tonight.
That looked like a preseason call. Where you are overly tight to the letter of the new rule to establish that you really can't do that. Surprising that they would call it there in a regular season game. It reminds me of them getting Barwin on the GB field goal attempt last year for leaping.
Regular Starter

Glad to see them get the win. I was worried for little while there. Bring on them Titans.
Administrator

Amazing how the Chargers threw away their gameplan once they scored to start the 3rd quarter.

Hopkins had a beautiful catch. Terrific hands on that guy.

The OL had a bad day in pass pro. Yet Schaub still had a good game for a guy who can't throw the ball more than 30 yards anymore.

The call on the Chargers for hitting the center on the FG attempt had to be karma owed to the Texans for a couple iffy video replay calls in the first half.

Cushing looked lost in coverage until he made that leaping pick-6.

A win's a win though. Pats escaped with a W in Buffalo and all I hear is how great they are in Week 1 games.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:58 AM
All-Pro

After Cushing's TD, I figgered we'd win. Took all the mojo out of the Charger huddle. SD had several late-game collapses in the Norv years and it's great to see they still have the same gift even with Norv gone.

Weeks 3-5 are the real test (at BAL, vs SEA, at SF). That will tell us if the Texans are contenders or pretenders.

Astros won, too. Now it's off to bed.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 AM
All-Pro

I think Schaub looked pretty solid and leaderlike. Andre , DeAndre and OD had fantastics games. Defense really manned up. Special teams did good too. All around team success .
Old 09-10-2013, 01:41 AM
Pro Bowler

That's some damn resolve right there.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:00 AM
All-Pro

From a Broncos message board:

Quote:
That was a really touching tribute to Norv Turner tonight. The way the Chargers blew that game was just heartwarming. Way to remember your former coach. The pick six was a nice touch, Rivers. You are classy, San Diego.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Regular Starter

thoughts on the game:

the o-line looked off, even when they were in the middle of the comeback.

schaub acutally moved around a little bit, though he did crumble a couple of times as well under the pass rush.

while i know this probably happens in every game aroudn the league, there were numerous no calls on clear holds against jj throughout the game.

even though he missed his first kick, i love having a kicker that has a chance from 60.

special teams was better because of the kicker's ability to keep returns to a minimum.

how about going with the sugar huddle from the beginning of the game, they seem to get into a rythym whenever they are using that.

finally, the wheel route . . .they need to find a way to defend against that play or they are going to have a healthy dose of it all season long.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Pro Bowler

Jeckyl and Hyde halves last night.

Freeney has always owned D Brown. Last night was no exception.
I thought the right side played better than the left. If they can put both together, we should be OK.
If L. Jean sees the field again in crucial situations, I'm going to be
I thought Schaub looked pretty damn good. Moved well, threw good on the run. Pretty impressed with his night.
Nuk is the real deal, and I am stoked he's here. Saw a couple of decent blocks from him as well. Kubes like that.
Our LB's are abysmal in coverage.
Swearinger had some +'s and -'s, but that's OK.
The Ninja's absense was definitely noticed in JJ's production.

Did anyone catch Foster's act on the sideline? I thought that was kinda bush league. I understand he wants to be in the game, but don't act like a little bitch when the coach is doing EXACTLY what he told everyone he was going to do, split carries.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Early line, Texans opened as 8.5 pt favorites over Tennessee. Already up to 10 pts on some books.. That's a lotta points.....
Old 09-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
Our LB's are abysmal in coverage.
The Ninja's absense was definitely noticed in JJ's production.

Did anyone catch Foster's act on the sideline? I thought that was kinda bush league. I understand he wants to be in the game, but don't act like a little bitch when the coach is doing EXACTLY what he told everyone he was going to do, split carries.
LBs: Yes, the coverage was very poor. Also, I know it's just one game, but the OL for the Chargers isn't exactly considered to be one of the stronger units in the NFL, and once again, our OLBs couldn't get any outside pass rush going. Mercilus looked good in the 1rst QTR but I don't remember him doing anything after that. Reed didn't show much either and got toasted on the first Chargers TD.

JJ: I thought JJ had a good game. He'll take somewhat of a hit from the media today because he didn't have his usual monster game, but from what I saw, he was constantly in the backfield despite being double-teamed all night. And if he wasn't in the backfield, it was usually because they were holding him. I'm amazed at how often he had a guy draped all over him and the refs completely ignored it. I do agree with you tho that Ninja will help the D considerably.

Foster: Yes, he was pouting and cussing at Kubiak in the 4th QTR when Tate was in there. I like when a guy wants to be in there, but show some class - especially since you didn't even practice or play the entire preseason - and don't be a pouty fool. Fact is, Tate was running harder and was way more of a threat last night than Foster was. In fact, I was surprised they let Foster play as much as he did and I felt it hurt the team some. At least in last night's game it did. I think if they had let Tate get 2 or 3 full and consecutive series under his belt he would have worn down the SD defense and eventually broken one. I think going forward Foster will need to learn to live with the platoon situation or he'll be the one gone and Tate will be the one that stays. And Arian, can you please stop putting so much tape on your shoes? The slips are really getting annoying.