IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
This is why you love the NFL, folks.
AMEN! Any given Sunday rings true once again.....

Side note, I think the Jets may actually be for real. Holding the Pats to 9 points is a pretty damn good feat.

Needless to say, I feel much better about our boys now. We SHOULD roll thru the next couple of games, and be exactly where everyone thought we should be after the first quarter of the season.

HERE WE GO TEXANS!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Pro Bowler

I feel better but I realize that this team cannot do anything big until they fix their defensive issues, primarily the third down defense.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Administrator

http://www.inthebullseye.com/archive/2009/20090920.html

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, the Jets bottled up the Patriots. While it doesn't make last week's loss and less... well, loss-y, it does help give some perspective that Rex Ryan seems have that team pointed in the right direction, at least for now.

I bet that team plane ride will be a fun one. Feel bad for Chester though. As if the interior of the O-line isn't getting tested enough. Hopefully Studdard proves ready for the show.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Early in the 1st, the commentators made mention that 'lil shan was doing the play calling, but Kubes was the one holding the playsheet. After last week, I heard some speculation that Kubes may take the play calling back for a few games.

Anyone know who actually called the plays?

It sure was nice NOT to see us trying to run the ball over and over, when it was obviously ineffective (like last week). Props to the caller, great job of keeping the run plays to a minimum in the 2nd half.

Last edited by today; 09-20-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Pro Bowler

#1 - helluva win!

#2 - If we don't fix the run defense, we are not going to win too many more games.

#3 - Find a defensive passrusher besides Mario!

#4 - There is no better WR in the NFL than Andre Johnson.

#5 - Get our running game up to speed to match the passing game.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
All-Pro

One nice thing about Walter being injured is that it has taken that stupid white boy reverse out of the playbook. The next time that play works for the Texans will be the first time.

I thought I wanted to see more of Chris Brown today (a more physical rusher who would be motivated to beat Tennessee as much as anybody) until I saw Slaton's numbers against them from last year. Slaton really never got it going today and fumbled a bunch. You'll notice they went with Brown at the end and I'll be it had as much to do with his ball control as it was his tough running.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I thought I wanted to see more of Chris Brown today (a more physical rusher who would be motivated to beat Tennessee as much as anybody) until I saw Slaton's numbers against them from last year. Slaton really never got it going today and fumbled a bunch. You'll notice they went with Brown at the end and I'll be it had as much to do with his ball control as it was his tough running.
I agree, in games like this where tough running is required, Brown does seem to run much better and is not as effected by arm-tackles as Steve is. I think we could have a much better ground game if Brown was a little more involved, especially against teams who are tough against the run.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Today we got the chance to see what the Saints and Colts feel like. Sometimes all pass does work.

However, we are just too predictable with our running plays. Its bad enough that our interior lineman are undersized and getting manhandled in the run game. At least lets try to catch the other team off guard with a run.

With that said the screen execution was a lot better.

Also Jacoby is making a statement for WR.

Finally D. Brown is definately getting better and better. He really put the clamps on Vandenbosh (for the most part at least). We just need to get some sort of resemblance of a run blocking scheme. Come on Gibbs.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by today View Post
Early in the 1st, the commentators made mention that 'lil shan was doing the play calling, but Kubes was the one holding the playsheet. After last week, I heard some speculation that Kubes may take the play calling back for a few games.

Anyone know who actually called the plays?

It sure was nice NOT to see us trying to run the ball over and over, when it was obviously ineffective (like last week). Props to the caller, great job of keeping the run plays to a minimum in the 2nd half.
I think it is still Shanahan though I believe Kubiak has said in past everything goes through him. Don't know if he "edited" the calls today or not....
Old 09-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
I think it is still Shanahan though I believe Kubiak has said in past everything goes through him. Don't know if he "edited" the calls today or not....
Thanks Arky!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The most we can hope for now is 2-2 for September, but that definitely dosen't include a win in Nashville Sunday.
Good thing I didn't knoiw what I was talking about because I will gladly
admit I was dead-wrong and lost faith in the Texans having any chance to win this game.
Sunday afternoon I was in Idaho trying to catch a trout in a beautiful Rocky Mounstain stream, but took a break to grab a cool one at the local Sports-Bar and check the NFL scores. The game was already over and I literally couldn't believe the score I saw for the Texans-Titans game the first time it scrawled by on the bottom of the screen of the second game already in progress, so I patiently watched to see the score again to make sure I saw
what I thought I saw.
Wow, what a thrill to see that final score and realize what a huge game this was for the Texans. Congrats to every one in their organization !
Old 09-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Hope you caught some trout. The Texans sure caught a big one!