IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 02-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Regular Starter

Regarding the LV rumors, they would be spinning Carr elsewhere for a 1st (or more) in order to increase their offer for Watson. Only #17 this year wouldn't cut it for me.

Denver is intriguing because they would be offering a top 10 pick this year and have a ton of young talent to be able to offer in addition to future picks.

Two 1sts plus a couple of young starters (Chubb, Sutton, Jeudy?, Fant) plus some 2nd and 3rds might be able to get it done.

Personally, I think I still lean towards the Miami deal but I would want another player in addition to Tua.

Hoping for a bidding war...
Old 02-03-2021, 02:30 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
Hoping for a bidding war...
So at this point everyone in the organization knows they have to trade Watson and Caserio is just publicly paying lip service to the idea that they're not entertaining offers for him?
Old 02-03-2021, 03:05 PM
All-Pro

Also, a first (or more) for Carr? Does Mayock know that O'Brien isn't in the NFL anymore?
Old 02-03-2021, 03:11 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Also, a first (or more) for Carr? Does Mayock know that O'Brien isn't in the NFL anymore?
I agree - I was mainly referring to what was said in a couple of articles yesterday and repeated by PFT.

And to answer your other question, my understanding is that the whole "they aren't answering any calls" quote is incorrect. However, both sides appear to be digging in and this won't go away anytime soon. LOOOOOOONG time until the late April draft.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Not an actual trade rumor that some - cough cough ESPN - are running with, but the speculation of a Panthers trade for Watson involving 3 first rounders and Christian McCaffrey would spark my interest if I'm the Texans. Speculation comes from a hypothesis that the Panthers were to make a strong run at Watson should the Texans listen to offers.

Carolina has the 8th pick in this year's draft.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:49 PM
All-Pro

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ed-sources-say

Articles like this one are idiotic. It starts off by declaring Watson upset over the way the Texans have operated in recent YEARS. Most fans are upset by recent years, but Watson signed his long extension less than 6 months ago. If he's been upset for years then he's an idiot for signing in September. If he was already upset he could have kept all of the leverage and forced his way out simply by not signing to play for this broken franchise for 5 years. But he wasn't upset then. He's upset now. Pretending otherwise when the evidence is official and easy to date is lazy journalism. Watson is trying to win the PR battle by not forcing his way out and letting his agent try instead. But floating 'stories' like this one is not helping him. Just come out and say you won't play for this owner or this youth pastor. 90% of Houston fans will understand and the entirety of any fan base he goes to will have no problem with him acknowledging the Texans are idiots. But by trying to play the nice guy he is going to end up looking bad in a situation where it should be impossible for him to look bad.