IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Default Captain American is a Texan

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5281

In a move to deepen their special teams unit, the Texans signed fullback Boomer Grigsby on Tuesday. Grigsby is entering his fifth year in the NFL and has made a name for himself as a tenacious tackler on kick coverage.

Grigsby began his career in Kansas City, where he was drafted by the Chiefs in the fifth round (138th overall) in 2005 out of Illinois State. In his rookie season with the Chiefs, he played in all 16 regular season games in a reserve role and finished third on the team with 19 special teams tackles.

Before the 2007 season, Grigsby converted from linebacker to fullback, a transition that was documented on the HBO reality series "Hard Knocks." Grigsby finished that season with two receptions for 14 yards and was third on the team in special teams tackles (12) for the third consecutive season.

Grigsby signed with the Miami Dolphins in 2008 and won a starting job at fullback in the preseason, but he was released by Miami after the first regular season game.

The Texans will look to add Grigsby to a special teams unit that allowed 22.3 yards per return on kickoffs, which ranked 11th in the league.

“Grigsby brings us a toughness that I like,” special teams coordinator Joe Marciano said. “He's a veteran special team guy, he’s had his bell rung a few times and he knows how to hit a guy. I’m excited about working with him and getting him into our system.”
Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
All-Pro

I guess we had two FB last year with Cecil Sapp who is an FA now. And looks like this puts our current roster at 82 which is where need to be at start of training camp. Likely will bring in a few other veterans is my guess.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM
All-Pro

Better late than never. I like the idea of him as LB more than FB but, oh well. His real job will be to run straight ahead for 40 yards and decleat somebody, hopefully the one with the ball. Too bad Glanville's "Hit the Beach" Award isn't still around.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5281

In a move to deepen their special teams unit, the Texans signed fullback Boomer Grigsby on Tuesday.
YEAH!!!!

What's his jersey number? I want one!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
YEAH!!!!

46...might want to wait post training camp though
Old 05-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
YEAH!!!!

i thought you would be happy
Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
i thought you would be happy
I know he's kind of short and squatty, but I think he'd be a hell of a WILL in Frank Bush's system. He's the fastest LB on the roster, unless they are going to have him be a FB only and ST contributor.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
I know he's kind of short and squatty, but I think he'd be a hell of a WILL in Frank Bush's system. He's the fastest LB on the roster, unless they are going to have him be a FB only and ST contributor.
A 4.7 fourty is our fastest LB? Now I know why suck.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
A 4.7 fourty is our fastest LB? Now I know why suck.
He ran a 4.59 - 40, 7.10 - Cone, 4.13 - Shuttle