Old 12-23-2019, 01:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Congratulations to the.......
Good stuff, Bob. Thanks for updates....
Old 12-23-2019, 08:32 AM
All-Pro

They are almost guaranteed to be hosting the Buffalo Bills in the first round of the playoffs.
Since the Bills have won two more games than the Titans and with only one remaining game for both teams seems like it's an absolute lock we'll be playing Buffalo in the W-C game.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:02 PM
All-Pro

You're right. The only thing that could change the matchup is if the Texans beat the Titans and the Chiefs lose to the Chargers. Houston and KC would end up with the same 11-5 record and we would own the tiebreaker for the third seed.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
You're right. The only thing that could change the matchup is if the Texans beat the Titans and the Chiefs lose to the Chargers. Houston and KC would end up with the same 11-5 record and we would own the tiebreaker for the third seed.
Yep, I saw in the other forum that there was some debate about going in as a #3 seed or a #4 seed. Some wanted the #3 seed over the #4 seed because it was a longer path to a probable and eventual meetup with the Ravens. Meh, I'm for getting it over with as quickly as possible - with the #4 seed, you would face the Ravens in the second game provided you beat the wild card team. It would be kinda strange to upset the Ravens and then fall to KC or NE in the AFCC game. *That* would be a very Texan kind of thing to do.....
Old 12-23-2019, 11:00 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Meh, I'm for getting it over with as quickly as possible - with the #4 seed, you would face the Ravens in the second game provided you beat the wild card team.
I say this often enough to where I'm starting to believe it - the Texans are capable of beating any team in the league, and are capable of losing to any team in the league.

(I really do believe that last part...)

We've seen I think that there are formulas to beating the Ravens. One, score a shitload of points. Hard to imagine that's all that likely what with BOB's infatuation with the 2-dive. Two, hold Lamar to only about 200 yards of rushing. That might be possible, who knows.

Anyway, we can talk more about this in the unlikely event that the Texans beat the Bills or whoever their first round opponent turns out to be. The Bills are good, man, I like that team. There are a handful of teams that are Bills-good that I like to watch. It'll be fascinating to see what happens in the NFC. I don't think SF can pull it off with JG at QB but I have been wrong before. I like the Saints, I guess, because the Packers just don't seem to have enough weapons (although their record clearly says otherwise) and Seattle can't possibly overcome all these injuries. Or, I guess, the Cowboys could always sneak through.

haha just kidding ftc