IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 07-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular Starter

Default Questions for a collegiate teammate of Glover Quin

I moderate the football section of a University of New Mexico site, and was talking to a UNM WR who practiced everyday against Glover Quin for a couple years.

Anyway, I asked him if he would answer any questions that you guys had about him, i.e. was he physical in coverage, is he better in zone or man, how are his ball skills, is he a hard hitter, etc., and he was nice enough to agree to do it.

So if you post it here I will ask him, and post his answers.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Regular Starter

Does he fall alot while in man, i.e. Dunta?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 PM
All-Pro

Was Glover more physical than most of the other CB's played against?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular Starter

I also posted this at TT and will ask him any other questions in a second round if he wouldn't mind me imposing.

Personally, in answer to your question, Blitzwood, in all the time watching him I never saw him slip but he didn't answer that one so I will ask him in the second round if I get some more questions. Nconroe, he kinda answered your question in answering someone elses.

His response:

Yeah it's no problem glover was really one of the guys that I looked up especially since I was only a freshmen and he was in his senior year. We took a team vote and he was awarded as our MVP of this past season.

What were his biggest strengths? He loves to play the game. He has fun he enjoys practicing he enjoys getting better day in and day out.

What were his biggest weaknesses? He could add a little bulk

How was his bump and run coverage? Does he have a strong bump at the line of scrimmage? Great bump off the line of scrimmage. I only had one play off press coverage where I got by him cleanly and this was throughout the entire season.

Is he fast enough for the NFL? He's not going to blow anyone away with his 40 speed but he has great reaction and football speed. Knowing angles and timing makes up for a god given quickness.

What I want to know is if he was one of the first to get to practice/last to leave. YES!!!!! thats the first thing I wanted to bring up about Glove. He would already be dressed and on the field before I even showed up to the facilities.

My question is how will he handle transitioning from MWC play to NFL play. This is a good question..... the MWC really didn't have any big name WR's besides Austin Collie of BYU but there were a lot of big physical guys that played that position. I think going against that kind of size will help him adjust better to the size of NFL WR's.

How was his social life? Did he carry a playbook with him around campus? Did Quin have a tendency to try and snatch the ball out of his hands (the WR) after the catch or was he more focused on making the tackle? I never really saw Glove around campus which could mean a few things. I'm guessing he wasn't taking that many credits since he was just a few months from graduating whereas many of the other guys are just goofing off in the food court. Glove is a ball hawk and batted down just about everything that came his way. Saying that he has great fundamentals for tackling, he's not an ankle biter or just throw a shoulder a pray for a big hit.

Comparing him to teammate Deandre Wright who was hyped up much more going into the 08 season there was never a doubt in my mind that Glover was the better corner. Not knocking Deandre since he played through the season with a bad shoulder, Glover stuck out to me as a great player, quiet individual who didn't need to run his mouth but got the work done.