IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 02-06-2018, 07:43 PM
All-Pro

Default McDaniels Accepts Job As Indy Head Coach

...then quits.

OMG, I hope the folks in Indy take this personally. McDiapers is still not an adult.

And I was sooo waiting to see a WR reverse pass to Luck just like the one that Brady missed in the Super Bowl. It would work against the Texans, too.

As a poster on another thread said, "It's one thing to change your mind but to do it right after the team has introduced you as their head coach is a dick move. Sounds like something Belichick would do. Oh, wait."
Old 02-06-2018, 07:58 PM
All-Pro

Where do you get this stuff Bob? The introductory press conference was scheduled for tomorrow. Not only had he not been introduced yet, he hadn't even signed a contract. It's not a great move by McDaniels, but when the Colts drug using owner waits a month for McDaniels but decides to announce the hire a couple hours early with no contract, that's all on Irsay.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:25 AM
All-Pro

They waited a month because his team was still active in the playoffs. So did the Lions. The assistant coaches had already been signed. The Colts announce on their Twitter page it's a done deal.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:02 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
They waited a month because his team was still active in the playoffs. So did the Lions. The assistant coaches had already been signed. The Colts announce on their Twitter page it's a done deal.
I know why they waited a month. My point is they waited a month and then announced it a few hours early with no contract. The GM said the announcement was all on him and he assumed McDaniels would do what he said but he (the GM) should have waited for the contract a few hours later.

Bottom line is you don't go making company announcements off of handshake deals. You let the media report (or you leak a deal is done) until the Ts are crossed and the Is are dotted.

McDaniels comes off bad and is probably toxic to 31 teams, but the Colts continue to be bumbling fools in the front office.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:56 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

McDaniels comes off bad and is probably toxic to 31 teams, but the Colts continue to be bumbling fools in the front office.
I think we can agree on both counts.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:54 AM
All-Pro

Internet conspiracy theory so wild it just might be true:

The McDaniels episode was a Patriot plot to screw over the Colts as revenge for the whole deflategate snitch. Yes, I know, the Irsays are dysfunctional drunken lowlifes. Doesn't mean the Krafts don't have it in for them. How much money was Kraft fined by the league over deflategate?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:32 AM
All-Pro

Kraft doesn't have the stones for that. Kraft laid down and took it on the deflate gate investigation. Jerry Jones refused to take it on Ezekiel and tried to go scorched earth. Jones would do something like have an assistant fake accept a job, but Kraft plays by queensberry rules.

I think it was a simple case of a meeting with McDaniels where he was promised the head job and told it wouldn't be that long.