IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 12-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Pass to Mickens goes all the way to the Texan 4. 1st and goal.

Delay of game on the Jags backs it up 5.

Pass to Cole in the end zone goes for the TD but a flag is down. Roughing the passer on Clowney will be enforced on the kickoff.

Jags 31, Texans 0

26 seconds left in the half.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:45 PM
Hall of Fame

L Miller for about 4.

Halftime.

Jags 31, Texans 0

----------------------------------------------

I'm gonna take the rest of the day off. This game is pretty much over.

Please post whatever comments you wish....
Old 12-17-2017, 01:46 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
The bad part about this is the fact that OBrien is gonna get the brunt of the blame while these corners and safeties will walk right back on this field next year without any accountability.
You're right. The corners aren't even playing. They've totally given up.

You'd think that this is the last we'll see of these OTs. Allen may be the worst starter I have ever seen. But with the Godfather in control you never know.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:28 PM
All-Pro

Why the hell was this game on Fox, by the way?
Old 12-17-2017, 03:39 PM
All-Pro

Not since the earliest days of the franchise back when David Carr was under center can I remember games as tough to watch as this one for Texans fans.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Why the hell was this game on Fox, by the way?
I think it has something to do with the flex-scheduling that happens this time of year. From wiki:

Quote:
Beginning in 2014, the NFL will also be able to "cross-flex" games between Fox and CBS, enabling CBS to televise NFC away games (including NFC vs. NFC contests), and Fox to broadcast AFC away games (including AFC vs. AFC contests).[32][33] The league can also "cross-flex" some of these games before the start of the season. For example, in 2014, the Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons game in Week 17, originally a 1 PM Fox game, was cross-flexed to 4:25 PM on CBS. Despite the two teams' losing records, they were playing a game where the winner would become the NFC South champion and host a first-round playoff game. As Fox already had crucial NFC North games with playoff implications, and CBS did not have any games with such assigned to 4:25 PM (games with AFC playoff implications had been assigned to 1 PM), the NFL reassigned the game to CBS at 4:25 PM to give affiliates a game with playoff implications at the time.
Clears it right up, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Not since the earliest days of the franchise back when David Carr was under center can I remember games as tough to watch as this one for Texans fans.
I don't normally get too perturbed when the Texans lose but this was pretty dang perturbing....
Old 12-17-2017, 05:40 PM
All-Pro

When your roster is decimated with injuries and lacks depth because your GM is an idiot, the silver lining is you get to tank for a draft pick. Draft pick tanking makes the team quitting much more acceptable because you figure the coaches don't mind.

But when your team has traded away the top of it's draft and has no incentive to tank, the quitting becomes more disgusting because you know the coaching staff was actually trying to win and just got tuned out by the players. So much for Mike Vrabel Defensive Coordinator. Maybe some team will take him as a HC because he looks the part and we can go back to Crennell next year.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Early line has the pissed off Steelers coming to town an 11 pt favorite next Monday (Xmas day).
Old 12-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Team has been in quit mode since around the Ravens or Titans second halves. Not sure this is fully O'Brien's fault, but if McNair or Smith wanted him gone, they can point to the team's effort down the stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
So much for Mike Vrabel Defensive Coordinator. Maybe some team will take him as a HC because he looks the part and we can go back to Crennell next year.
The secondary is mostly healthy, so the lack of pass rush is exposing them, especially in man coverage, which Vrabel seems to love. Not sure if this is just a learning curve for Vrabel as DC, but if so, I thought Crennel would be around enough to keep a season like this defensively from happening.

I realize the OL has been a season-long issue, but Jeff Allen at LT was a predictable disaster. And he left with a concussion.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:31 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
And he left with a concussion.
And the line immediately improved and had fewer penalties.

They're going to fire BOB, obviously, and bring in some young, churchgoing dumbass while BOB will have his pick of jobs and take his new team directly to the playoffs while Ned Flanders ruins Deshaun.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
And the line immediately improved and had fewer penalties.

They're going to fire BOB, obviously, and bring in some young, churchgoing dumbass while BOB will have his pick of jobs and take his new team directly to the playoffs while Ned Flanders ruins Deshaun.
Coaching in the NFL is hard and not that many guys can do it well. Coaching a mobile QB in the NFL is even harder and takes a flexibility that does not often go with the other skills of a successful NFL head coach. Very few guys in the history of the NFL have designed an NFL offense that appeared to maximize the skills of a mobile QB.

If the Texans let O'Brien leave after he proved he could get the most out of Watson I will simply stop watching NFL football forever.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:51 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Early line has the pissed off Steelers coming to town an 11 pt favorite next Monday (Xmas day).
I certainly have no idea what McNair is gonna do with the coach & GM after the season is over, but if O'Briens team loses as badly Christmas day in front of a national TV audience as they did today in FLA I doubt that MCNair keeps him around any longer.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
I certainly have no idea what McNair is gonna do with the coach & GM after the season is over, but if O'Briens team loses as badly Christmas day in front of a national TV audience as they did today in FLA I doubt that MCNair keeps him around any longer.
So if bad losses on national TV make firing the coach an unavoidable step than what do those same losses do for the GM that oversaw those losses?
Old 12-17-2017, 11:57 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
If the Texans let O'Brien leave after he proved he could get the most out of Watson I will simply stop watching NFL football forever.
I've got my issues with BOB and I'm sure you do, too, but we all saw how BOB radically, I mean, RADICALLY altered the offense for Deshaun, and we all saw the results. If these idiots run him off and keep Slick Rick around, well, they deserve all they get.

But that's what they're going to do, and I suspect you know it. You know, Sundays are nice days to go to the park.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:02 AM
All-Pro

They either have to fire BOB or extend him. McNeck isn't the sort of person to possess the vision to extend a head coach after a 4-12 season.

Although he did extend Slick Rick for the OUTSTANDING work of signing Brock 0 to a 900 million dollar contract before B0 had ever fumbled a snap, and they do have an OUTSTANDING history of extending players right after or, better, during a significant injury. So I guess you really never know.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:43 AM
Hall of Fame

TJ was terrible. 13 targets to Hop for just 4 catches. Hop still managed 80 yards and a TD to remain in 2nd place in receiving yards (1313 for the year). Antonio Brown leads with 1533.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just not feeling it anymore with L Miller. When was the last time he had a big play? I'm finding his timid, shuffling running style increasingly off-putting. He was 9/32 for a 3.6 avg. OTOH, Blue was 12/55 for a 4.6 avg. L Miller can be replaced. Easily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

B Ellington was sorely missed. Along with about a dozen others....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think they'll keep OB. McNair, I believe, realizes the injury situation...
Old 12-18-2017, 07:51 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
So if bad losses on national TV make firing the coach an unavoidable step than what do those same losses do for the GM that oversaw those losses?
I'm only taking a shot at what McNair will do with Obrien in the event of another humiliating loss in front of the whole world but this time on the baby Jeuss BD.
OK but on RS, I think the relationship McNair has with his GM is far too complicated for us outsiders to figure out and threfor know what the future holds for Rick Smith here in Houston.
So Barrett what is your view on whether or not to retain the HC & GM beyond the 2017 season ?
Old 12-18-2017, 07:56 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
They either have to fire BOB or extend him. McNeck isn't the sort of person to possess the vision to extend a head coach after a 4-12 season.

Although he did extend Slick Rick for the OUTSTANDING work of signing Brock 0 to a 900 million dollar contract before B0 had ever fumbled a snap, and they do have an OUTSTANDING history of extending players right after or, better, during a significant injury. So I guess you really never know.
I been meaning to ask, what's with the "Neck" reference that you use from time to time in an obviously disparaging manner ?
Old 12-18-2017, 07:59 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post

I think they'll keep OB. McNair, I believe, realizes the injury situation...
And Rick Smith ?
Old 12-18-2017, 08:16 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And Rick Smith ?
Safer than OB.

They all get a pass, even Vrabel, IMO....

Somebody might fall, though, maybe Izzo....