IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 PM
All-Pro

Default Since you asked...

I'm touched anyone remembers little old me. No need to check me on Twitter. I don't tweet out enough to matter.

I'm not boycotting the NFL or the kneelers. I decided I had enough of Chuck and Barrett attacking my character and decided I did not need the aggravation.

Between moving to San Antonio and doing all the Astro recaps this year at AstrosDaily.com, there simply wasn't time to come here.

The Texans' "Lucky As Hell Tour" has been enjoyable to watch, particularly beating the Cowboys. Whatever y'all are doing, don't change it.

Next week, I'm making my exploratory visit to Panama so I can determine if it's a realistic retirement venue for me. My hopes are high that it will be.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:20 AM
All-Pro

We have a mole.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:29 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I'm touched anyone remembers little old me. No need to check me on Twitter. I don't tweet out enough to matter.

I'm not boycotting the NFL or the kneelers. I decided I had enough of Chuck and Barrett attacking my character and decided I did not need the aggravation.

Between moving to San Antonio and doing all the Astro recaps this year at AstrosDaily.com, there simply wasn't time to come here.

The Texans' "Lucky As Hell Tour" has been enjoyable to watch, particularly beating the Cowboys. Whatever y'all are doing, don't change it.

Next week, I'm making my exploratory visit to Panama so I can determine if it's a realistic retirement venue for me. My hopes are high that it will be.
Ah, that's kind of what I figured. Well, I for one miss the "Bob humor". So, drop in whenever you can, lob a comment or two and pay no attention to the noise as the Texans continue their "We're Not Very Smart but We're Smarter Than You Tour"....
Old 11-06-2018, 12:40 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
So what are the competing venues for Panama as your retirement destination ?
Old 11-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Hey, chuck sure knows a lot about Panama...

I would donate to a GoFundMe account for someone to film a new Odd Couple if Bob and Chuck split a condo down there.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:09 PM
All-Pro

Buford sat around all off season thinking, Well, I'm going to quit ITB cold turkey, but by cracky, I still want to be able to annoy chuck as much as possible! What to do, what to do...
Old 11-07-2018, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
No need to check me on Twitter. I don't tweet out enough to matter.
And miss bon mots like this?

Quote:
@BobHulseyTX

I'm at a Chinese buffet and I noticed a woman with her "comfort" dog with her. I found it a bit disturbing. She doesn't realize how close her pooch may have come to becoming an entree. #cultureclash
Old 11-09-2018, 12:12 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Hey, chuck sure knows a lot about Panama...

I would donate to a GoFundMe account for someone to film a new Odd Couple if Bob and Chuck split a condo down there.
His wife might object. And she would deserve the GoFundMe just for putting up with the guy. Where does this poor woman hide when the Texans are losing?
Old 11-09-2018, 12:17 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
So what are the competing venues for Panama as your retirement destination ?
If I understood your question correctly, the answer would be my niece's guest room or perhaps living inside my Nissan.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:48 AM
All-Pro

Hey! I drive a Nissan, too! Gosh darn it, the more I learn, the more Buford and I have in common! Nissans, Panama, more than a passing interest in Houston sports...

Well, I guess that's about it.

Oh, barrett hurts my feelings, too.

[serious or at least more serious than normal] Where are you staying, by the way? When I go up there I like to stay at the Isla Grande. I was thinking about going out there next week, actually. If you're around, let me know. [/s]

I think my wife started a Facebook support group, Traumatizadas por los Tejanos.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
@BobHulseyTX

Thank you, @SouthwestAir for making this whole excursion affordable. I just wish you still had cute young stewardesses instead of grannies and gays. I guess doing so reduces the amount of sexual harassing going on, still, I miss the eye candy.
So I've decided, instead of crowdsourcing a film, I'd rather propose a new "Choose Your Own Adventure" book series with two completely separate stream-of-conscious musings from Bob and Chuck where the reader, unknowingly, picks where to take the prose next, flipping at random between the two until the inevitably unsettling plot reaches its conclusion. Where the two of them share a condo in Panama.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:47 AM
All-Pro

So I just learned that Buford is a Burt Bacharach fan. Put that on our ever lengthening list of commonalities!

Good old Southwest. The Walmart of the skies. Seat assignment by Okie land rush. They're called flight attendants now, you know, and they are there for your safety, not your titillation. Although on Southwest I understand they double as in-flight entertainment what with their singing and dancing and so on. Which, now that I think about it, must impact their hiring practices.

Say, Keith, reckon Buford's got an Instagram? I want to see some photos of his trip.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:35 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
So I just learned that Buford is a Burt Bacharach fan. Put that on our ever lengthening list of commonalities!

Good old Southwest. The Walmart of the skies. Seat assignment by Okie land rush. They're called flight attendants now, you know, and they are there for your safety, not your titillation. Although on Southwest I understand they double as in-flight entertainment what with their singing and dancing and so on. Which, now that I think about it, must impact their hiring practices.

Say, Keith, reckon Buford's got an Instagram? I want to see some photos of his trip.
Folks like myself down here in Clear Lake and other parts of the Houston hinterland are perfectly comfortable getting into the cattle car line to board a Southwest flight out of Hobby but you and I know the Chuckster and his snooty River Oaks pals are going by limousines to take their reserved seats in first class out of Bush.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:29 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Folks like myself down here in Clear Lake and other parts of the Houston hinterland are perfectly comfortable getting into the cattle car line to board a Southwest flight out of Hobby but you and I know the Chuckster and his snooty River Oaks pals are going by limousines to take their reserved seats in first class out of Bush.
Uber. I usually take Uber to the airport. Uber X, actually, not even Uber Black, if you want to know just what sort of man of the people I really am. Sometimes I even sit up front to show solidarity with the driver. And of course because in Colombia sometimes you get attacked by taxi drivers if they have some reason to suspect that it's Uber.

Still, I do like to demonstrate solidarity with and compassion towards the more marginalized classes when possible. Which reminds me, I wonder how Buford's trip went.