IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > Feedback and Updates

View Poll Results: What size t-shirt do you wear?
Child sized 0 0%
Small 1 4.55%
Medium 2 9.09%
Large 5 22.73%
X-Large 9 40.91%
XX-Large 3 13.64%
XXX-Large 1 4.55%
Yeah, something bigger than that. 1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Default So, uh... what's your shirt size?

I might be making a bulk order of new t-shirts for the website, and it would be helpful to me if I had a sampling here of how big/little we all are. Kindly respond to this no-obligation poll so that I may order accoordingly.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I might be making a bulk order of new t-shirts for the website, and it would be helpful to me if I had a sampling here of how big/little we all are. Kindly respond to this no-obligation poll so that I may order accoordingly.

Thanks!
I'm a medium. I'm a tiny, skinny little bastard. And I'm winning the suicide pool this year to get that shirt, dammit! So close last year, so close.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 AM
All-Pro

XL = fat old fart
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 AM
All-Pro

I can usually fit a large or an extra large but, given that t-shirts shrink, extra large would be the safer choice.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Regular Starter

I am a large. I'll gladly throw in some $ to offset the cost.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Drafted Rookie

I wear large for the ladies
Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Regular Starter

I go for the XXL.....and everyone knows I am an unstoppable force when it comes to suicide pick'em.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
and everyone knows I am an unstoppable force when it comes to suicide pick'em.
All too well.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Pro Bowler

I wear a large, but if they shrink, maybe XL's the way to go?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Street Free Agent

How much? I'd definitely be interested! XL for me.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Sooo... I didn't get the shirts made this weekend. I'll get them done soon though. I'm debating whether or not to use the bull logo you see in the banner on the shirts. I don't really want to catch ire from the league or the team, and while the new ItB bull is totally sweet (thanks to popanot's help!), there is a certain resemblance to the team's logo that I find okay to use in the banner yet trepidatious when it comes to screen printing.

As for the how much question - I don't think I'll sell the t-shirts outright. As you can guess, I am very hesitant to piss off the team and the league, and honestly the hassle (legal concerns as well as simple inventory/shipping labor) and little money made from the sale of t-shirts is totally not worth it to me. I work a day job, and (thankfully) ItB.com can't afford my going rate.

That said, I am thinking about setting up a "tipjar" for donations via Paypal to offset site costs, in which case I am considering a t-shirt mailing as a thank you/reward premium.

Any lawyers in here want to comment on that approach...? ItB.com appreciates free legal advice.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Pro Bowler

Gee, I thought that bull was the official logo for our Fantasy Football League. Not once did I think it was associated to the Texans or the NFL. Of course, we used red, white and blue because, by-God, we love our flag and the good 'ol U.S of A.!!!

Last edited by popanot; 05-12-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Regular Starter

If you can take a check, I'll send that way. If it has to be done via paypal for whatever reason, then I'll set up an account.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:43 AM
Regular Starter

Nice signature Mike!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Administrator

The initial batch of t-shirts have been ordered.

I'll get a new thread on this when I launch it, but in the coming days, I will be setting up a link on the site to accept donations to keep ItB.com alive and free. The t-shirts will be mailed to anyone making a minimum donation as a thank you for your generous support.

I've made the order using roughly the same spread of sizes as you all have voted above (from S-XXL, other sizes weren't available for a reasonable price), so thank you to those who voted. I've used the site logo and name on the shirt, front left chest only, so hopefully these aren't too unfashionable for trips to say Texans games and practices, lawn mowing, steak dinners, ballroom dancing, etc.

I'll try to include this on the donation instructions, but if you choose to donate, please don't forget to give me (1) your shirt size, if you want one, (2) you mailing address, if you want a shirt, and (3) your username here, if you want to be known as a "contributor". I'll be ready to accept donations via Paypal and snail mail.

For those unwilling or unable to donate, I will run contests here like we did on HPF to give shirts away to winners as the prize. Speaking of, I suppose the first contest should be getting started about now... that Haiku monster has been making some noise lately.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Regular Starter

Sweet. Bumping this to the top. I think we all need to help support Keith and this site. I know some here are students and may not be able to contribute much, and the COLA is going up, but we all surely can all spare some $ to help keep this the best non-trashy site for Texans fans on the net.

Kick the Starbucks, hookers or whatever bad habit for a week and help support the site.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Regular Starter

how much would help?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Anything and everything helps. If PayPal donations work like any other payments they process, then I think PayPal keeps $0.45 of whatever you choose to donate. So.... don't donate less than that I suppose.