IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Hall of Fame

Default NFL.com: Texans '09 playoff contenders

Nice little article, albeit, a little puffy, on the Texans chances in '09 over at NFL.com:

Quote:
Given an offense that shows the potential to emerge as one of the league's most explosive units, Kubiak seemingly has the pieces in place to get the Texans into the postseason for the first time in franchise history. But he will need the team to hit the ground running coming out of training camp to avoid the slow starts that have derailed playoff hopes the past two seasons. Though the team bounced back from 3-5 marks halfway through each of the last two years, including an 0-4 start in 2008, to finish 8-8, the early season deficits have been too difficult to overcome in the highly competitive AFC.
Hey, just 6 weeks to go till training camp and 8 weeks before the first pre-season game...
Old 06-22-2009, 08:34 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Hey, just 6 weeks to go till training camp and 8 weeks before the first pre-season game...
Right ! I dunno, but think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel ?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Veteran Depth

I'm turning into a kid waiting for christmas. It's coming so soon, but it's never going to get here.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator

The last six weeks are the hardest. We've had the combine, draft, OTAs, mini-camps... plus a couple of holdouts and the maybe the highest profile contract re-negotiations in team history.

And now it's about to all go dark for a month.

Might I interest anyone in a haiku?

back on topic... as much as I like to think the season hinges on Matt Schaub staying healthy and keeping the offense ticking, really it's all about the defense. It usually is for the good playoff teams. The little bit of pub is nice. I have a feeling the offensive potential is going to draw a lot of preseason attention.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I have a feeling the offensive potential is going to draw a lot of preseason attention.
Fantasy Football = Offense (well mostly).

Fantasy Football drafts are during preseason.

Texans have 3 players who are top 5 at their position ( well at least one could argue that Slaton is that good.). When has a that happened?

And like Keith, IMO this team will live and die by the defense.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
All-Pro

NFLn is doing it's 32 teams in 32 days. Houston was voted on by the NFL.com fans as the 22nd team. Interesting how bad we are perceived nationally.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
NFLn is doing it's 32 teams in 32 days. Houston was voted on by the NFL.com fans as the 22nd team. Interesting how bad we are perceived nationally.

Just consider the source. We don't have enough history to be loved or hated outside of Houston. Since we are not a top team I doubt the majority of non-Houstonians even bothers ranking the Texans.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Pro Bowler

.........If they even think of us at all. But I completely agree it will be how well Matt Shaub stays healthy, and how much better the defense shuts the opposing offense down that will make us or break us for the playoffs this year. Glass-half-fuller says we make the playoffs.