IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 PM
All-Pro

Default Offensive Line 2014?

In one offseason our OL which has been a static place on the roster for a few years has suddenly become a fluid place. I will not review the changes that lead to this condition, but I will like to discuss the OL moving forward.

IMO Brown is underrated stud of the group. He should be a priority moving forward. For a Gary Kubiak offense to play they have to have a LT like Brown.

The current Right Guard is a man that has been replaced in this draft. The drafting of Brooks means Caldwell is a one year, if he is lucky, starter for us. So he is gone. With his quickness, he could be on the left side, but his size makes him more of a fit on the right side.

The center position could still be Meyers position, but in 2014 Jones, who should be a game day 3 position backup this season and next, will be pushing the much older Meyers for the starting job.

Right Tackle should be Newton by 2014, or if he does not pan out an undrafted as of this moment player. This is a player to watch this preseason. Will he look like he can be the swing tackle this year? If he can then he could be the replacement for Butler, who if he has a good year this year also deserves a raise, and that will not be coming from the Texans.

The only position that I do not have a player picked out for is the current position held down by Wade Smith. I do not foresee Shelly Smith finding a roster spot after camp due the influx of drafted rookies on the OL, so the do not have a player to name. So this is a target for free agency or future draft in the next few off season.

Last edited by painekiller; 05-06-2012 at 12:57 PM.