IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
All-Pro

Man, I need to Orakpo's Cone and Shuttle times. I also want Sidbury's cone drill. Right now I'm wondering if I take Clay Mathews over Orakpo and then select Sidbury in the 2nd. I can't imagine a 2nd round OLB that can match Clay while Lawrence can perhaps be as good as Orakpo in terms of pass-rush.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I thought you lived by those 3-cone & shuttle times in rating the potential of OLineman for the ZBS ?
Yeah, but they have to be able to block. I like what I see from Eric Wood, for example. Good times, but ALSO good play on the field.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
Man, I need to Orakpo's Cone and Shuttle times. I also want Sidbury's cone drill. Right now I'm wondering if I take Clay Mathews over Orakpo and then select Sidbury in the 2nd. I can't imagine a 2nd round OLB that can match Clay while Lawrence can perhaps be as good as Orakpo in terms of pass-rush.
Right now, I am really like Clay Matthews as our pick.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:25 AM
All-Pro

What's the over/under on James Laurinitis and a 4.81? He might last until the 3rd round. Ouch!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
What's the over/under on James Laurinitis and a 4.81? He might last until the 3rd round. Ouch!
Wanna bet??? What did Demeco run I cant remember?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:51 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What did Demeco run I cant remember?
4.65, which would make him the 4th fastest LB in this draft.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:51 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
PK and I were discussing a combo of Maybin, Kruger, and Cody Brown. Now, I'm considering Matthews, Sidbury, and Gerald McGrath.

I have like Sidbuby since I saw him at the Shrine game. And like you I had him farther down the list from the guys we where talking about, I can see him as a 2nd.

Another name to watch for me is David Veikune. He is still on the late round pick up watch list.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:30 AM
All-Pro

What would we do with a Laurinitis (or a Rey-Rey) if you take the Texans reported comments that DeMecos stays in the middle as legit, unless you think he could play SAM and I think he struggle covering TEs if he's over there ?
And having a resume as a muti-year standout in the Big 10 is just not as impressive anymore as the SEC resume guys like DeMeco & Willis have.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
What would we do with a Laurinitis (or a Rey-Rey).
I'd let somebody else draft them.

There are only 2 LBs in this draft who are going to be low risk, high reward.

1. Aaron Curry
2. Clay Matthews

Now, others may turn out to have fine careers and be worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. Right now, I just can't think of one.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:24 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
I like what I see from Eric Wood, for example.
Yep. He really whipped up on Raji in the SB game.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
EXACTLY!- I just don't like to hear that stuff from McClain because he hints that he has a source inside the team. So, I remain slightly concerned that the Texans' actually are thinking that way as well. Though I think a lot of the organization now, I've still seen enough bone-headedness to stay worried: Studdard making the squad over Brandon Frye; employing Richard Smtih for a 3rd year and every defensive decision that went along with that.
McClain also said the franchise tag was not an option for D.R. Any information that McLain gets is because the Texans WANT the information public IMO....in other words a possible smoke screen of our true intentions in the draft.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I have like Sidbuby since I saw him at the Shrine game.
I liked what I saw there too. Although at that time I thought he would be a much later round pick than a second. Someone we could use as a situational pass rusher early on. I'm not as confident in him as a second round pick becaue for some reason I see him as a guy that will take a little time to develop as an all around player.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Regular Starter

I am starting to think about Malcolm Jenkins at safety after he dropped a 4.55, and he will probably be around after that performance.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Undrafted Rookie

I like Patrick Chung but i think he might be a 2nd rounder and not slip to the 3rd
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
I like Patrick Chung but i think he might be a 2nd rounder and not slip to the 3rd
He is a solid 2nd rounder, i have him as the #1 safety, yes above Dumas.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
I am starting to think about Malcolm Jenkins at safety after he dropped a 4.55, and he will probably be around after that performance.
I've been thinking that about Vontae Davis. Then I saw what Chris Clemons, David Bruton, CJ Spillman, and Chip Vaughn did today. Maybe I don't have to spend a 1st round pick on an impact S afterall.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
I know that's the usual response when a CB has good size and is a little slower than most people like. They really are two different skill sets though, especially if your talking about a CB who has played mostly man coverage. I wonder what the success rate is on guuys who try to make that switch when they get to the NFL? I would rather do it right away then wait a few years. Most CB's are going to resist it though, unless it's a way to extend there career (or their only chance to make a roster) for one simple reason...CB's make more money than Safeties.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Veteran Depth

Anyone want to talk about Stephen Hodge S TCU 5'11 5/8 234 lbs. Ran a 4.49 forty. A tweener, TCU used him at safety and will. He blitzed a lot & had 8 sacks. Was a qb in high school. Big hitter, would be good on special teams. 6th or 7th round, maybe?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
But not at #15. We've got a bigger fish to fry with that pick than a FS.
And a CB is not worth a top 15 pick to us if he's not atleast a sub 4.5 guy as long as we continue to operate as much man-coverage with our corners
as we do now.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
Anyone want to talk about Stephen Hodge S TCU 5'11 5/8 234 lbs. Ran a 4.49 forty. A tweener, TCU used him at safety and will. He blitzed a lot & had 8 sacks. Was a qb in high school. Big hitter, would be good on special teams. 6th or 7th round, maybe?
I really like him at the college level. At best, he's Sam Mills - a short LB. He played around the LOS in college, so I'm not sure about him in pass coverage. He's great against the run, so maybe they consider him as a WILL. He'd definitely be a project.