IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Regular Starter

Default Steve McKinney - released

Steve was released by the Dolphins today. I would imagine that his knee is not 100%.

Maybe the teams decisions to release him and Charlie were spot on.
I would love to see Charlie brought back to the PS to train and get his weight under control.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Regular Starter

agreed about spencer.

this kind of puts into perspective how much talent our line really had. weary wasn't hacking it before he made IR, mckinney released, salaam is handing over the torch....3/5 of our line has turned over. anyone else think that weary or salaam could start on any other line? that line that was 4th (?) in sacks given up? what's really scary is taking how that line of talent produced and trying to predict how this year's cast produces with 3 significant talent upgrades (brown, myers, brisel), keeping the 2 most solid starters from last year (pitts, winston)
Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Pro Bowler

Spencer has pretty much had a weight control problem his whole life, and his wife's home cooking doesn't help any, IMO. If he would put himself on a strict regimen, I think the Texans would welcome him back. But can you see Charles getting down to 300-315? Neither can I. Shame.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Spencer has pretty much had a weight control problem his whole life, and his wife's home cooking doesn't help any, IMO. If he would put himself on a strict regimen, I think the Texans would welcome him back. But can you see Charles getting down to 300-315? Neither can I. Shame.
you know it's not even an unreasonable goal. 50 pounds can be lost, especially once you get over 300. i have little sympathy for those who want to lose weight but won't commit to it. i have little sympathy for those who see how many health problems are accumulating from the strain of obesity yet still eat 5 times a day without excersize. i would give up almost anything to have the kind of physical attributes and quickness that big man has and if he just wants to waste it that's his choice.... if i had the choice i'd rather be a backup somebody than a nothing nobody. it'll be a story, another in line, tragic but if his career ends because he won't drop weight then that's the saddest part of all.