IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 01-13-2018, 10:34 PM
All-Pro

Default Titans

Marriota is terrible. The guy doesn't read the defense before or after the snap. It's one read and start looking to scramble. He looks like a really talented HS kid running a HS offense. I'd give Tennessee Vince Young a better chance of winning an important football game. And the Titans making the playoffs means he's probably their QB for another 2-3 years.

I just hope Jacksonville is dumb enough to talk themselves into another year of Bortles.

Both Tennesse and Jacksonville look like the 2016 Texans. They don't pay a QB and they stockpiled enough talent on defense to win 9 or 10 games and beat bad teams in the wild card round, but they are both further from a Super Bowl title than Indy is.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:33 AM
All-Pro

TEN and JAX both have QBs drafted in the Top 5. Their QBs are getting paid. They just don't produce like it.

In 2-3 years, we should have the best QB in the AFC South. I think O'Brien would insist on it.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:49 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
TEN and JAX both have QBs drafted in the Top 5. Their QBs are getting paid. They just don't produce like it.

In 2-3 years, we should have the best QB in the AFC South. I think O'Brien would insist on it.
Bortles and Marriota both make right around $6.6 million. This puts them 23rd and 24th in QB pay. It is less than half of the median QB pay. It doesn't matter how high up on the rookie scale you are, if you are still on a rookie contract you are not getting paid QB money.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:02 AM
All-Pro

Good point. Still, it's not like the money the Seahawks paid for Russell Wilson on his rookie contract or the money the Cowboys paid for Dak Prescott.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:29 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Good point. Still, it's not like the money the Seahawks paid for Russell Wilson on his rookie contract or the money the Cowboys paid for Dak Prescott.
Nope. The Median for QB play is about $16 million. So they get an extra $10 million+ to play with compared to other good teams. Those Seahawks got an extra $15 million.

Too bad our texans spent all of their QB money on the ghost of JJ Watt. (And obviously it's heartbreaking as a Watt fan to say that).
Old 01-14-2018, 07:35 PM
All-Pro

This is as good a place to say this as any, what a great weekend of games.

And next week, as I say every year because I hope it annoys someone, is my favorite day of the NFL season.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:54 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
This is as good a place to say this as any, what a great weekend of games.

And next week, as I say every year because I hope it annoys someone, is my favorite day of the NFL season.
I don't know how much fun it's going to be watching Bortles and Foles on Championship Sunday.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I don't know how much fun it's going to be watching Bortles and Foles on Championship Sunday.
Bortles' team has an awesome defense and Foles' team seems determined to prove that they're more than just Caston Wentz and friends.

I hate Kraft and Brady so I will be rooting hard for the Jags. Also, it will bring me joy to see McNeck have to eat more shit should the Jags win. If (big if, YUGE if) Bortles doesn't do anything profoundly stupid I think it is plain that the rest of the Jaguars team is at least the equal to the Pats everywhere you look with the exception of Gronk, and greatly superior in some key areas.

Either the Eagles with Foles or the Vikings with Case Third Ward Keenum are going to go to the Super Bowl. Hopefully to face Blake Bortles.

I don't know how anyone could not love that.

I'd like to see the Vikings, not only for the novelty of having a home town team play, but also because Case seems like nothing but a great dude, and of course more McNeck shit eating. (This of course is more tenuous because I don't remember anyone arguing that Keenum was a SB type QB when he was cordially invited to leave town. I DO remember his taking over and like tripling AJ's season touchdown catches in about ten minutes of football time.)

Anyway, as long as the Patriots don't win again this is shaping up to be a great season's end for a fan adrift of a competent team.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:02 AM
All-Pro

OTOH, it shapes up as another postseason where the Patriots win it all without breaking a sweat, with or without referee help.

IMO, the key for the Jags is the health of Fournette. New England dismissed too many good front seven guys and Fournette can make then pay for that.

At this point, I have to be rooting for Case Keenum and, yeah, he's proven he is NFL caliber after those early starts with the Texans and Rams. That Diggs TD at the end was breathtaking. What a monumental gaffe by the Saint defender.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:46 AM
All-Pro

Keenum is an awesome story. My greatest football experience might be the first half of a Sunday night home game against the Colts where Keenum went gunslinger and threw multiple long TDs to AJ. I was 50 yard line row 2 and loving every minute of it. The Vikings are definitely my team next week.

As for the AFC, the Jags can only win when they play with a lead. So either they take a lead and try to keep Brady from coming back, or they fall behind and get blown out. I am thinking it gets ugly. The one thing Bellichek does is make you win with something other than your first option. The Jags don't have a 2nd option so it will be interesting.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 AM
All-Pro

And the Jags just lost.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...r-bowl-victory

They now go from the "everyone disrespected us" team to the "we've arrived team". I'd take NE -20.