IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Anybody else see the Carolina-Minnisota game last night ? If so, how impressive to you was their big running back from Oregon, Jonathan Steward ?
I think this is only his second or third year in the league, so he's probably not a FA in the upcoming offseason but what about a trade involving one or more of our players and/or Draft picks ? This is a big guy with excellent strength running inside but also with enough quicks to run off-tackle. He looks just like the kind of back we could use and with the Panthers also having DeAngelo Williams, Stewart might be expendable ?
Jonathan Stewart was taken 13th by the Panthers in 2008 and is quite possibly in the top 3 in size/speed among NFL RB. You couldn't pick 5 RB's with more talent than him. You want him from the Panthers? Give them AJ and they might consider it.

DeAngelo Williams is someone to consider if they're going to trade a RB. He only has one year left on his contract and Kubiak did try to trade up for him in the '06 draft, so if there's a match, that's it. But, given Stewart's injury concerns, I wouldn't bet on it.

Drafting a RB is still the best route to go.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Pro Bowler

Ok, the season is over. We had our best year W/L wise @ 9-7, but no cigar. Where, and what do we do now?

We definitely resign OD, and let dRob decide his own fate (stay or go). Make a decision on K - Kris Brown ( rehab, or the road). And the road for the other Chris Brown.
Sign one expensive FA at a position that needs strengthening, either secondary, DL, or OL, or maybe even a RB (but not a Chris Brown type).
In the Draft:
#1 - Fast CB with good hip flexibility, or a dominating DT
#2 - OG Perhaps Iupati or the like.
#3 - RB Love for Toby Gerheart to be here, but think not.
#4 - Whichever position we didn't take at #1.
#5 - FG Kicker to replace u-no-who.
#6 - Someone to develop for OL, or OLB
#7 - P

.......Or, this might finally be the year to tradeup for that mystical special player, who knows, but it will be fun to speculate anyway.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
#3 - RB Love for Toby Gerheart to be here, but think not.
Toby reminds me of a guy that really liked by the name of Brian Leonard. Not a fast guy, but a versatile player who could be used like an H-Back, Fullback, Halfback, TE. Leonard is currently a Bengal after being drafted by the Rams. I'm not sure if that is an insult to Gerhart or if Leonard has simply not been used properly.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
All-Pro

I believe we have another draft pick somewhere, but just for fun I thought I'd take a look at DraftTek's mock and put a little something together.

1 LB Sean Weatherspoon Missouri
2 CB Ras-I Dowling Virginia
3 RG Mike Johnson Alabama
4 FS DeAndre McDaniel Clemson
5 RB Ben Tate Auburn
6 DT Corey Peters Kentuky
7 CB Walter McFadden Auburn
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Regular Starter

We have alot of positives going for us heading into 2010. The Frank Bush led defense was much improved. Of course, Antonio Smith, Cush and Pollard had alot to do with that. We still need more pressure from the interior DL in pass rush situations and I would love to see that person be able to be a run stuffer.

We do have a favorable cap situation, although some of that money will be used on the Schaub bonus, OD, Demeco, Pollard and our key people. Our rookies on D this year will only get better. Think about all the young guys playing this year.. Barwin, Quinn, McCain, Cush. They will only get better. Figure out how to keep Moulden healthy, and we get Eugene back and healthy.

We are set-up to really take BPA at a few spots, (RB, DL, OL, CB) and get the players we need. The 2009 draft looks like it was very good.