IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
All-Pro

I watched Nicks' bowl game for UNC and was very impressed but the ESPN sideline reporter said he had been graded a 2nd or 3rd rounder because his height is 6-1 (not the 6-3 to 6-5 that seems to be the ideal WR size for go-to receivers) and he does not time well in the 40 so he may have trouble breaking free of coverage at the next level.

But I was very impressed how he caught the ball with his hands away from his body and ran good routes. He may become a terrific #2 receiver, perhaps not the deep threat in an NFL offense but the type of Eric Moulds receiver who just has a knack of getting open and moving the chains.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Yeah, we need to keep our eyes on the Trees, and not get lost in the Forest. Defense with picks 1,2, & 3.

And Denver was having to replace their starting QB, like now. We can set back and afford to wait, maybe grab a QB in the 5th, or 6th round. We don't need to be in a panic.
You aren't remembering it clearly. The year before they drafted Cutler, Plummer was 61%, 3366 yards, 18 TD and 7 INT while leading the Broncos to a 13-3 record. The Broncos were fine at QB and had no "like now" need. They just knew they could get better at the most important position in football.

But most importantly, Does anyone think we are winning a superbowl with Matt Schaub (especially in our current bootleg heavy offense)?

All I'm saying is, If a guy we think is can't miss becomes available at the QB position, I am fine with pulling the trigger.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
All-Pro

And there's a "can't miss" QB in this draft? I'm sorry. I must have missed that.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
And there's a "can't miss" QB in this draft? I'm sorry. I must have missed that.
Is it that hard to believe that you might miss that? Even in an age of a million amateur internet draftniks, nothing you read on the internet is very effective in judging draft prospects.

So like I said. If our front office thinks their is one then pull the trigger.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
You aren't remembering it clearly. The year before they drafted Cutler, Plummer was 61%, 3366 yards, 18 TD and 7 INT while leading the Broncos to a 13-3 record. The Broncos were fine at QB and had no "like now" need. They just knew they could get better at the most important position in football.

But most importantly, Does anyone think we are winning a superbowl with Matt Schaub (especially in our current bootleg heavy offense)?

All I'm saying is, If a guy we think is can't miss becomes available at the QB position, I am fine with pulling the trigger.
I also remember that Denver had already traded Plummer to Atlanta, where he refused to report, instead deciding to retire.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
I also remember that Denver had already traded Plummer to Atlanta, where he refused to report, instead deciding to retire.
wrong again. Cutler was drafted in 2005 after that very good season by Plummer. Then plummer started the entire 2006 season. Then you remember him veing traded (I think to TB not ATL) after that 2006 season. The trade was a full year after they drafted cutler.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:22 PM
All-Pro

You're both wrong. Plummer was traded to Tampa Bay, not Atlanta, and Cutler was drafted in 2006, not 2005. Plummer led the Broncos to the playoffs in 2005 but fell back to 9-7 in 2006 with Cutler taking over from Plummer late in the season.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
All-Pro

I mispoke regarding the year in the last post, but the timeline is correct. The Broncos drafted Cutler immediately following a great season by Plummer, and a full year before Plummer was traded. They were in no need of a QB when they took him. They did so simply because they saw a chance to get better at QB.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Pro Bowler

You win the Cupie Doll Bob. You are most certainly correctamento.