IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Eeesh, that's a tough loss.....

I'm going to find something constructive to do with my time this week and pretty much stay away from the message boards and the ignorance that will pour forthwith...

Colts are in town Sunday....
Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Pro Bowler

After everything we still should have won this game. I put the blame on Kris. He missed 2 FG's. Our offense and defense did well enough for us to win. KBrown did not do his part.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Pro Bowler

I was heartbroken after the Colts loss.

I'm angry and sick after this one.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dennis2112

There is plenty of fault to go around.

Good teams find a way to win games like that.

We find a way to lose...every time, every year, every opportunity.

The curse will not stop. I have waited 40 years and there is no end in sight.

I am normally a positive person but I just can't bring myself to do it again.

Hard fought game...blah, blah, blah

Tough opponent...blah, blah, blah

Showed heart...blah, blah, blah

Sell it somewhere else...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Pro Bowler

It does not matter who we face at QB, we make them look like Hall of Famers.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Pro Bowler

It is so funny to hear these analysts talk about Vince. However, these were the same one's saying he was terrible just last year. They are a bunch of band wagoners.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis2112 View Post
There is plenty of fault to go around.

Good teams find a way to win games like that.

We find a way to lose...every time, every year, every opportunity.

The curse will not stop. I have waited 40 years and there is no end in sight.

I am normally a positive person but I just can't bring myself to do it again.

Hard fought game...blah, blah, blah

Tough opponent...blah, blah, blah

Showed heart...blah, blah, blah

Sell it somewhere else...
All I can say is I agree.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Pro Bowler

We are gonna lose to Indy, Miami, and probably NE's backups. Here we come 8-8. Kubiak gets fired. We bring in another scrub coach who changes up the system. We start all over again and suck another 8 years...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
We are gonna lose to Indy, Miami, and probably NE's backups. Here we come 8-8. Kubiak gets fired. We bring in another scrub coach who changes up the system. We start all over again and suck another 8 years...
I think we go 7-9. This team is demoralized.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Everyone is talking as if they just kicked our ass. Nobody is talking about the real reasons we loss: Kris freakin Brown.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Pro Bowler

I'd hate to be KBrown tonight.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Everyone is talking as if they just kicked our ass. Nobody is talking about the real reasons we loss: Kris freakin Brown.
The game should not have come down to a field goal. The blame falls on the defense and defensive coordinator for failing to recognize Vince Young's third down bullshit.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dennis2112

Quote:

Brown is just one small slice of this giant, under-achieving turd-pie of a team.

The real problem is we are WAY more talented then this. The more talented team SHOULD win most games against other less talented teams.

Youngest team in the NFL...WHO CARES!!!

If you can't win the close ones, it does not matter.

Good teams win, bad teams lose.

Mediocre teams languish at 8-8. Isn't that where we have been for 3 years?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Administrator

http://www.inthebullseye.com/archive/2009/20091124.html

Blame Brown, he gets paid to make kicks like this, but the lack of a consistent rushing offense is really exposing this team as a playoff pretender.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 AM
All-Pro

The offensive line is bad bordering on terrible. This zone blocking bullshit is the emperor's old clothes. It's a fad that has run its course. The OL can't run block and the interior line is too small to pass block effectively. The Titans routinely rushed four and beat the dogshit out of the Texans front five. Or six.

The defensive line is a complete cipher in the pass rush. Mario was a nonfactor. The rest of the DL was as always a nonfactor.

The two most fundamentally important parts of the game are glaring weaknesses, as they have been since 2004. Or since forever.

Kubiak is an idiot. He is in completely over his head. McNair is an out of touch billionaire who is going to make the league forget about the Brown family.

This franchise is a joke. They cannot run the ball and they cannot stop the run. They have no direction, no leadership, no backbone, no character.

Fyck this team, fyck this franchise, I have far too much to do to waste three or four months of my life every year coming to this redneck shithole to suffer through this sort of idiocy. My PSL is now for sale. Hit me off list.

And fyck that prick Dunta Robinson. Make a play once a season and then complain about the ten million you're making.

Another meaningless season. This will be my last.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Regular Starter

How great it must be to wake up this morning in Keith Bulluck's shoes... They did exactly what he said they would do. They came in here and completely destroyed all of our playoffs aspirations.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Regular Starter

How quickly things turn around. A few weeks ago we were 5-3 and ppl were upset because they thought we should have been at least 7-1. Fast forward to next Sunday and this team will be 5-6. The Texans are now the biggest joke in this city. By far surpassing the previously biggest joke... which was Tracy McGrady.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Pro Bowler

I was officially on the 'Fire Kubiak' bandwagon long ago, but I'm now driving the bus (Chuck and I are taking turns driving). Kuibak has no clue what it takes - nor the ability - to get this team to the next level. While the passing game gets the job done between the 20's for the most part, the OL sucks, the ZB scheme is a joke and can't pass block or get a key short yardage gain to save its life, we continue to run the wackiest of plays when down in the redzone, and the RB situation, well, what a fking mess... You have Chris Brown and Vonta Leach getting most of the touches in a must-win game! That's basically 2 KEY players on O who are going to produce absolutely zilch!!!! I'd rather have seen Casey AND Slaton back there. It wasn't like Leach and Brown were providing any extra protection and at least Schaub would have some dump-off options that could make a play.

I don't give a sh!t at this point if Slaton fumbles once a game. It's unconscionable that he got so few touches last night. If you don't trust Slaton, well put in Foster or give Henry a try because Brown is a joke and I'm sure the Titans sideline (and fans) were laughing their collective asses off when we trotted him out there.

So in Kubiaks tenure, we still:

1. Have no running game to speak of (which supposedly was a Denver strength and we could line up anyone back there).

2. Have a Swiss cheese OL (which supposedly was a Denver strength and we could line up small/less talented guys up there).

3. Have zero pass rush and still can't get a DLman within 5yds of a scrambling QB.

4. Have no team identity other than being known as a team that can't get in done when it counts the most.

I don't care about starting over at this point. I just want Kubiak out of there because I'm sick of having the same problems since before he got here and am convinced beyond any doubt he cannot get us to the next level. This is like beating your head against a wall!

Couple of other things from last night:
1. Was anyone surprised by the Titans fake punt attempt with about 5 minutes to go? I wasn't, but apparently Kubiak and his merry band of idiots were. Luckily it backfired when the Titans got a penalty and had to punt.

2. In what could have been the biggest idiotic move of the night was when Fisher decided to let VY throw on the last 3 plays before kicking the winning FG. We had no clue on how to stop the run/scramble combo and they likely could have just ran the clock down to nothing and prevented us from even having a chance at the end. What I'm saying is we were lucky to even have a chance to watch Charlie Brown screw it up.

3. Did anyone truly believe Charlie Brown was going to make either of those key FG attempts? Does anyone truly feel confident Charlie Brown will make any attempt? I haven't in two years so I'm not sure why Kubiak and his merry band of idiots haven't brought in any real competition. Look at the guy the Colts signed when their K went down. I hear that guy had a pretty decent career before the Colts signed him, yet, we don't even take a sniff and go with a guy who's been nothing if not inconsistent for the last 2+ years. If I were Texans coach, you'd see Brown weeping Ian Howfield tears today.

Oh well, there's always next year. And I'm sure we're getting real close to having those "will they or won't they be blacked-out this week" discussions with the way this franchise is going.

Last edited by popanot; 11-24-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
The game should not have come down to a field goal. The blame falls on the defense and defensive coordinator for failing to recognize Vince Young's third down bullshit.
I agree with this, but would add the following:

1. three points scored in the second half is bullshit.

2. 1st and goal from the 8 should be a touchdown

3. dunta got eaten up all night by mediocre receivers

4. catch the f-n ball dunta! you want how much money?

5. where the hell was moats last night? chris brown sucks.

6. kubiak has pushed me off his wagon and onto papanot's bus. (can i have an aisle seat?)
Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadams View Post
3. dunta got eaten up all night by mediocre receivers

5. where the hell was moats last night? chris brown sucks.

6. kubiak has pushed me off his wagon and onto papanot's bus. (can i have an aisle seat?)
Re #3: Dunta sucks. He almost has me wishing for Petey or P-Bust back there. Quinn is head and shoulders better than DRobbery at this point. I got a HUGE chuckle when the ESPN announcer called him a premiere CB in the league, yet, he was either getting burnt, drawing penalties, missing tackles, or dropping gimme INTs every time he was on camera. Yeah, he was "premiere" like 3 years ago - maybe...

Re #5: Damn... I completely forgot about Moats. WTF? I guess when you get in Kubiak's doghouse you stay there even to the detriment of team goals. Unless he was sick, it was inexcusable for him not see to action over Clodhopper Brown. Ahh, forget that, it was inexcusable for ANYONE not to get action over Clodhopper. My 5yr-old would have been more effective. What was Kubiak thinking with that move?

Re #6: Sure, hop aboard... No charge other than your sanity. You can even take a turn driving.