IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
So if none of our players, our head coach, either coordinator, or our GM has ever been a winner in their current role, than how do we change the culture by simply getting another year deeper into this identity.
This is a great post. I think we haven't done a good job of bringing in Veteran players who have a little left to give, and who know what winning is like. If you look at the Saints secondary, it has always been very poor. This year they added Malcolm Jenkins, but they also go out and bring in Sharper, McKenzie, McCallister, etc. Sharper has been huge for them. I didnt understand why we didn't pursue Terry Holt, Sharper, and several other vets who would help change the atmosphere. Next year, we need to bring in veteran winners who are free agents to help the young guys and change the atmosphere of the team.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Regular Starter

Well we did get Ahman Green and that didn't change our identity hahaha
Old 12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Pro Bowler

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Rick Smith has done a good job, bringing in a lot of sorely needed players on defense lately. I do agree Kube has finally shown he is out of his element and needs to go. If Bill Cower can be enticed to be the HC, that would be fine with me.