IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 10-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I'm not saying not to take a QB, just not one in the 1st.
Really? After 1 game which we lost and only scored 16 points in and you're convinced that Case is good enough to win a Super Bowl? After this game, you're convinced the entire league misjudged Case? I mean, maybe so, but the odds are very long.

Let's not forget that just a couple years ago a rookie QB started his first game on the road against a pretty good team. He threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs and won the game. His name was T.J. Yates.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
So does Keenum get another start or does Kubiak go back to Schaub after the bye week.
Keenum certainly gets my vote to be the starter in the Texans' next game.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Pro Bowler

@JayGlazer: Just got a text from Brian Cushing. Tough man! Broke his leg & tore his LCL, out for year. Says he will kill his rehab & come back stronger
Old 10-20-2013, 07:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Really? After 1 game which we lost and only scored 16 points in and you're convinced that Case is good enough to win a Super Bowl? After this game, you're convinced the entire league misjudged Case? I mean, maybe so, but the odds are very long.

Let's not forget that just a couple years ago a rookie QB started his first game on the road against a pretty good team. He threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs and won the game. His name was T.J. Yates.
I think it's wildly premature to be thinking about who's going to do what next year. I also think that Case certainly deserves to start or at the very least should start for the rest of this year and I'd like to think that nine games hence we'll have a better idea of what Case is all about and how urgently the team needs another quarterback.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I think it's wildly premature to be thinking about who's going to do what next year. I also think that Case certainly deserves to start or at the very least should start for the rest of this year and I'd like to think that nine games hence we'll have a better idea of what Case is all about and how urgently the team needs another quarterback.
Definitely agree with this. Wait, did I just really agree with Chuck? Wow...

I'm happy I was wrong about Case. I saw 7-8 plays that he made that Schaub couldn't. That's a lot. I don't see how Kubiak could go back to Schaub, at least for now. Give him two weeks of work, especially hot reads..... Give him a healthy Arian and see what happens.

We're the longest of longshots anyway, why not?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Beat the Colts twice, Jags twice and Titans one more time and go 6-0 in the division..... Maybe even a 9-7 gets it done. Tough but not impossible.

New England will be scary but it is a home game. Denver in Week 16 may be in "coast mode"....
Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
@JayGlazer: Just got a text from Brian Cushing. Tough man! Broke his leg & tore his LCL, out for year. Says he will kill his rehab & come back stronger
I'm just glad he got paid, got another contract before this shix happened. In a worst case scenario, he's got his family including his son who's he's obviously nutz about and he's got some big bucs in his account.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:52 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

I'm saying I like watching this kid play. He is fun to watch, he has charisma and he is a winner. I'm not arguing that he is a raw prospect and needs a lot of development. And I am also not saying that he is a Super Bowl quality QB. But this coming draft class of QBs is not impressing me yet. I know they are deep, and there is a few bright stars, but I have yet to find a QB I take at 10 that is likely to be available at 10. And right now we pick around 10 if the season ends now.

This all said, after the bye week, this team has a much easier schedule on paper, and I expect them to recover. Schaub does give you a better shot today to win, but I would still go with Case for the immediate future.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:56 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
I'm happy I was wrong about Case. I saw 7-8 plays that he made that Schaub couldn't. That's a lot.
This is what I saw and loved about this kid.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Agree %100. I don't think he is the QB of the future despite a strong affection for him. However, I would love to be proved wrong, and if Kubiak is not going to start him and give him a chance to prove me wrong, Kubiak deserves to fired yesterday. You start him for 9 weeks and then you know what you need to know going into the offseason. And then even if you draft a QB #1 overall, you give him Case a chance to keep the job early before he likely becomes a very good backup QB.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Regular Starter

Agree that Case should be the starter going forward. I'm just not sold quite yet. He needs to do more than outplay 2013 Schaub to declare the QB decision settled going forward.

Plus, someone has to be the pessimistic old crank. Usually that's Chuck but he's turned into a little ray of sunshine.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
All-Pro

WMH, barrett and chuck join hands and sing Kumbaya.

I sure hope the team starts winning so we can all go back to being annoyed with each other again.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 PM
All-Pro

And Joshua joins the group adding tenor harmony.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
WMH, barrett and chuck join hands and sing Kumbaya.

I sure hope the team starts winning so we can all go back to being annoyed with each other again.
It's funny. The only thing this board has ever agreed on 100% is we hate these guys when they lose.

I am personally very happy because I cut all ties with this season and am blindly optimistic our next coach will be the new Bill Walsh crossed with Bellichik and our next QB will be the next Tom Brady to combat Luck's Manning impression.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Regular Starter

Case Keenum was solid in his NFL debut, a 17-16 loss at Kansas City, but he didn’t change coach Gary Kubiak’s mind about the starting position.

“Matt’s our starting quarterback,” Kubiak said of the veteran Schaub. “Case played this week.”

Kubiak said he would re-evaulate the position during the Texans’ bye week.

Keenum went 15-of-25 for 271 yards and a touchdown in his debut. His quarterback rating of 110.6 was higher than any of Schaub’s this season.

“Players responded well to Case,” Kubiak said. “They were very confident with him, and it came from the week of practice.”

Schaub sat Sunday’s game with a foot/ankle injury.

“Matt and (backup) T.J. (Yates) did a good job helping prepare Case to get ready to play,” Kubiak said.