IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Drafted Rookie

Default Ol' Yella Teeth basically calls Marion Barber...

...a wussy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3755704

I don't care how much money the Cryboys make or how many front-runners whack-off over them, Jerrah Jones is an ignorant douche and that team is as poorly run as any this side of Detroit or Cincy. The fact that this embarrassing display of stupidity came on the same day as America's Bandwagon began their annual December collapse, just makes it that much funnier.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Regular Starter

I've said it before and I'll say it again....Jerrah is Al Davis in waiting. Not only has he convinced himself he is smarter than all his coaches and scouts, now he's apparently smarter than the medical staff too.

Calling out one of your better players doesn't do anyone any good...especially when you single one out like this. I can understand being frustrated that he wasn't in the game, but Choice had a better day against Pitt than any other RB this year...so you didn't suffer from his absence too much. Jones is convinced that the only thing holding him back from the greatness he deserves are the unworthy players and coaches that he selected. Give him credit for building back up the Cowboys, but I'm positive that he's going to do nothing but destroy that franchise for years to come, at least until he finally steps back and lets people do their job.

I know a lot of people want/think Wade Phillips is going to get fired. At this point he might be praying for it.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Regular Starter

I don't wish ill will on anyone, but how funny would it be for them not to make the playoffs? TO would cry, Jerruh would probably add another layer of plastic to his face, or get his turkey waddle liposuctioned. Cowboy fan would talk about how many rings they won while they cling bitterly to the past.

To question Barber is just dumb. That guy plays his a$$ off. Good job Jerruh, is your billion dollar house of cards about to crumble?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:16 AM
All-Pro

In the first half, the Cowboys had a pair of 4th-and-shorts around the Steeler 35. Too close to punt, too far for a field goal in those conditions. IIRC, Dallas tried a FB dive the first time and came up short then the second time they tried play-action and got stuffed. I'm sure the Pokes are thinking that Barber could have got those yards and, if he did, the game might have changed from there on.

Regardless, calling out your best RB does seem rather stupid. When I heard about this on the radio this morning, one guy said he needed to call out Romo who was hurting Dallas more by being in the game while sick than Barber hurt them by sitting out.

Oh, well. They get the Giants this week and any Cowboy fans that might still have brain cells knows that game will be more important than beating an AFC team.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:38 AM
All-Pro

it's not if or who you call out. it's that an owner did it rather than a coach or teammate.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Regular Starter

I saw a quote from Wade that said the medical staff told him that he shouldn't play, so they didn't bring him. Maybe that's Wade just protecting his player, but if the trainers say he shouldn't play I don't see why you would call him out.

Barret's right. If a player needs to be called out it should come from the coaches or players, not the owner. He's made himself the GM, but it's not much better for the GM to be calling players out.