IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Barrett, if you haven't won a t-shirt yet, I'll cede that to you. I have one from a draft party a few years back. You still need to beat me in the game though and, with my track record in this, it won't be much longer.

BTW, for anyone who doesn't know, my stay in Houston was briefer than expected and I wound up finding a job back in Austin. Too bad I couldn't attend anything while I was down there but with the lockout, there really was nothing going on for most of that time.
I'm glad to know you're back in Austin because I know you're happier there and because in Austin you're bound to do less electoral damage.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:05 PM
All-Pro

Week 1: New England
Week 2: New York Jets
Week 3: San Diego
Week 4: Green Bay
Week 5: Detroit
Week 6: Baltimore

That's right. I'm playing the jinx card.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
All-Pro

Week 1: houston
Week 2: jets
Week 3: Pittsburgh
Week 5: New Orleans

Week 6: New England
Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
All-Pro

I would rather we had both lost, Barrett, but there it is. We live on for another week.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
All-Pro

Week 7: New Orleans
Old 10-23-2011, 01:44 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Week 1: houston
Week 2: jets
Week 3: Pittsburgh
Week 5: New Orleans

Week 6: New England
Baltmore ravens
Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 AM
All-Pro

Uh-oh, how did hags win?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:24 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Go bears then, because in this NFL season I doubt I can guess another one right.
At least I was right about something. Even if it was being wrong.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
All-Pro

Barrett, I already have an ITB t-shirt so I'm willing to let Keith send you one if you don't already have one.

You know it's a crazy year if I'm not out in the first week. This is the first time I've won it the legit way although I think we had less players this year due to the lockout and late start to the contest.

I'm going to continue to play against myself until I lose just to see how far I can go.

There are two good candidates this week. The NY Giants are hosting Miami and San Francisco is hosting Cleveland coming off a bye week. I like the Niners but playing in the weak NFC West means there will be more chances to use them later while the Giants' schedule has few easy games on it since the NFC East and the AFC East dominate their slate. Therefore. Sorry, Fins.

Week 8: New York Giants
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Administrator

barrett,
Email me at keith at inthebullseye dot com your mailing address and I'll drop a t-shirt in the mail. I think all I have left are XLs, but if you prefer a different size, let me know and I'll double check.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
All-Pro

I should have added Indy at Tennessee (even Indy at the University of Tennessee) would be a good candidate to pick against the Colts however both teams had their noses rubbed in it on Sunday and we'll see if either side is fighting mad about that or if they've given up and mailed it in. Just a little too iffy for my tastes but I should watch more closely who is on Indy's schedule if they continue on this course.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM
All-Pro

The Giants gave me a scare but they pulled it out at the end and props to the Dolphins for not quitting on the season yet like, ahem, some teams are.

It's another target-rich environment this week to keep the run going. The candidates:

Houston vs Cleveland. The undermanned Browns would certainly seem like an underdog on the road but I'm still skittish about the mistake-prone Texans and who knows what effect a Colt McCoy homecoming may have.

Dallas vs Seattle. The Cowboys are a jeckyl-and-hyde team but it is tempting to take them at home against the terrible Seahawks. Just a little too iffy for me.

Oakland vs Tebow. If McFadden was healthy and the QB position was settled, this might be a slam dunk but Tebow looked good in a game against the Raiders last year. Tempting but I think I'll pass, unlike Tebow.

Kansas City vs Miami. The Chiefs appear to be getting things together after losing Jamaal Charles. The winless Dolphins show they still have some fight, even on the road. Too risky.

Atlanta at Indianapolis. If this were a home game for the Falcons, this would be a no-brainer. In their division, the Falcons don't play many gimmees and I think the Colts have shown the past two weeks that they are barely trying. I'm going with this.

Week 9: Atlanta
Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM
All-Pro

When this game gets into double digit weeks, it begins getting really tough. For Week 10, there are no easy answers but here are the best options:

Jacksonville at Indianapolis - If there was any week left to take the Jaguars, this is it. But I just can't. The Jags are just not a safe enough pick.

Washington at Miami - Two teams, no quarterbacks. I'll skip this.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati - The Steelers are one of my few remaining lifelines. I'm feeling good about them winning this game, even on the road. But why waste that lifeline this week when they'll have easier wins later?

San Francisco vs NY Giants, Chicago vs Detroit, Dallas vs Buffalo - If it were December, I might be forced into one of these but not yet, not now.

Philadelphia vs Arizona - The wags are saying the Iggles are done, but are they so done that they can't even beat Arizona at home? I think Philly will be angry enough to blow out the Redbirds who may not have the services of Kevin Kolb. Not a slam dunk but the best choice left.

Week 9: Atlanta

Week 10: Philadelphia
Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
All-Pro

Looks like I'm done. Good game, guys. I'll try to come back next year to defend the title.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Looks like I'm done. Good game, guys. I'll try to come back next year to defend the title.
Great run Bob!