IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
All-Pro

Default Is It Just Me Or...

Does it seem like the NFL is in a rather sucky mode right now? Where are the great teams? Almost everyone is 3-2 or worse. Do we really believe that the Redskins or the Broncos are all that good, despite being 4-1? The Titans at 5-0? The Giants have had an easy time of it so far but I don't think their schedule has been all they hard either. The Pats aren't the Pats without Brady. The Colts are just barely getting by every week.

There just seems to be a lot of average-to-bad teams out there and just a handful that give you the impression that they can sail through the schedule whereas, last year, there might have been a half-dozen very strong teams.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Regular Starter

Very true. I suspect this is why survivor leagues have been decimated this year. I'm in a league that started with over 2,600 teams. We're down to 400 after 5 weeks. Brutal.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Regular Starter

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the top teams of recent years have all run into trouble. Colts, Patriots, and even the Jags are off to rougher to starts than most expected.

It remains to be seen if the Broncos or skins are for real and can keep it up all year. It just might be that the dominant teams this year just aren't who we expected.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Pro Bowler

AAhhh parity...........ain't it nice?