IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2023, 07:16 AM
Regular Starter

Default Caserio rumors

My friend with the team says he is hearing internally that there will be a new GM after the draft.

When I asked if that meant Caserio would be leaving or being promoted out of the position, he said "unclear at this time".
Old 04-14-2023, 08:20 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
My friend with the team says he is hearing internally that there will be a new GM after the draft.

When I asked if that meant Caserio would be leaving or being promoted out of the position, he said "unclear at this time".
That's now old news Biker.
What I've heard is that the "Chuckster" or Kamala Harris will be the Texans new GM later this year - Cal is still trying decide between the two of them.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:05 AM
Regular Starter

More info - Nicks’s family is not happy in Houston. That is the #1 driver in all this if he leaves.

#2 - it is nothing they can’t work through but there have been some cracks in the relationship between Caserio and DeMeco as the draft process has gone on. The honeymoon is definitely over and some of Nick’s minor responsibilities have been given to others.

Nick wants to make it work but the family thing is starting to outweigh sticking around.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:30 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
More info - Nicks’s family is not happy in Houston. That is the #1 driver in all this if he leaves.

#2 - it is nothing they can’t work through but there have been some cracks in the relationship between Caserio and DeMeco as the draft process has gone on. The honeymoon is definitely over and some of Nick’s minor responsibilities have been given to others.

Nick wants to make it work but the family thing is starting to outweigh sticking around.
Not the least bit surprising that somebody from Boston, MA would hate living in Houston, Tx because the climate, the whole culture is so radically different compared to what's up in Boston.
My wife, a Houston native, spent several years in Boston with her first husband and she told me she absolutely hated the place because of the miserable winters and the political mentality of the locals.
Old 04-17-2023, 07:03 PM
All-Pro

Well, guess what, I lived in Boston as a young man and I loved it for the same reasons. I like cold weather and I like being around people with the usual number of chromosomes arranged in the correct order.

Zierlien says that the team's actively trying to get out of #2. I hope they do because the fan revolt would be hilarious to witness.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Caserio had a presser this week where he said he wasn't going anywhere. Which whatever, take him at his word, which is risky taking any GM at their word leading up to the draft.

But that would also assume that his continued employment is strictly his (and his family's) choice.