IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Other Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Regular Starter

The Dynamo have declined the option on Caig's contract....and there was much rejoicing

Their up against the cap...can Luck pull another rabbit out of the hat? I hope they get the stadium deal worked out soon. I've really gotten into this team and I would hate to lose them.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Perish the thought of leaving... *shudders*. I'm going to be nervous about this stadium thing until the ground is broken. I can't wait to see it happen.

I'm going to be interested to see if any Dynamo players are talked about more seriously when the January transfer window opens. It'd suck if someone like Rico or Stuie left, but I'd be proud of them if they had the opportunity. I think Stuie's game would translate in England or Scotland, and it'd be interesting to see Rico smooth out the edges to his game in Europe as well. And really, it might do the USMNT a ton good, too.

Boswell leaving would be just as bad for the Dynamo since my hopes for Ianni have slipped this year, but I'm not sure whether he's as desirable a commodity overseas. He also needs a new contract here if he's gonna stay, too. Hmmmm....
Old 12-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Perish the thought of leaving... *shudders*. I'm going to be nervous about this stadium thing until the ground is broken. I can't wait to see it happen.

I'm going to be interested to see if any Dynamo players are talked about more seriously when the January transfer window opens. It'd suck if someone like Rico or Stuie left, but I'd be proud of them if they had the opportunity. I think Stuie's game would translate in England or Scotland, and it'd be interesting to see Rico smooth out the edges to his game in Europe as well. And really, it might do the USMNT a ton good, too.

Boswell leaving would be just as bad for the Dynamo since my hopes for Ianni have slipped this year, but I'm not sure whether he's as desirable a commodity overseas. He also needs a new contract here if he's gonna stay, too. Hmmmm....
I've become a big stuie fan...I would love to see him overseas for national team reasons...but I would hate to see him leave. I don't think Ianni would draw much interest from overseas...yet. He's still got a chance to turn into something, but I think he needs more time on the filed to prove that he's worthy of a trip overseas. His 6 figures salary also counts against the books next year since he is no longer a generation Adidas player (don't really know how that all works though).

Clark could use some time overseas for the USMNT, but I have become less enamored with him this season...but I don't really have a good reason why? I expect both Clark and Holden will both play significant roles for this team once the World Cup rolls around again....assuming we qualify, but I feel pretty confident of that.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Regular Starter

DeRosario has been traded....my initial reaction ws that I'm crushed. They got a young fast defender who still has enough size to fit in with our physical defense. They also got rid of DeRo's $300,000+ slary for a guy making $45,000. It's a net loss on the field, but this will give them the flexibility to find that other forward and a new back up keeper...I'm still enthralled that Caig is gone. They addressed what was their biggest weakness, speed and youth in the back line. So I'll manage to get over it....eventually.

Holden should get a chance to establish himself as one of the top players in this league...and I think he can.

DeRo will be sorely missed. He left my jaw on the floor more times than I can count, and was always fun to watch. I understand he wanted to play at home...but I'm really going to miss him.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Administrator

It's sad to actually have to say goodbye to DeRo, but I mentioned him getting traded in a couple earlier posts, so I can't say as though I'm too surprised. DeRo supposedly really wanted to play at home, and at 31, he's earned the right in MLS terms.

As sad as it is to lose his clutchiness, strategically, this makes some sense. Holden is more than ready to take over the position. I'm not too familiar with James, but our backline was DESPERATE for speed. Not sure if he's strictly a CB or if he can play either RB or LB... apparently re-signing Boswell is still in the plans, so it will be interesting to see if Ianni is still here in March.

And of course, the Dynamo now have more than a half million to spend on a contract for Boswell and a new forward to replace Jacqua. Kamara and Ching are solid, but they need a third forward, and Wondo probably isn't that guy.

Lots of speculation about bringing in a DP, but I'm not seeing it. I think they'll look south for some young prospects like Caraccio again, but not a 'household' (casa-hold?) name.

Kamara - Ching

Davis/Ashe - Rico - Stuie - Mullan/Cameron

Barrett/Chabala - Boswell/Ianni - Eddie/James - Mulrooney/Waibel

Onstad

Hmmm... I guess Toronto wouldn't give up Marvelle Wynne. Man, would he have ever looked terrific on our backline.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Here's some news:

Quote:
Harris County Commissioners El Franco Lee and Sylvia Garcia have tentatively agreed to contribute $10 million in public money to the Dynamo stadium project, provided the team and the city agree to certain conditions, city and county officials said Tuesday.

The proposal the commissioners sent the city late Monday states the money would have to be used to build the public amenities and infrastructure serving the stadium, rather than the physical structure itself, Garcia said. That might include the water and sewer lines for the stadium, or the parking lots and tree-lined plazas surrounding it.

Other conditions include guaranteeing that Texas Southern University will be allowed to play home games at the stadium and agreeing that 15 percent of the seats will never be sold for more than than the average price of a movie ticket.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/6180023.html

Some (negotiable?) concessions here, but I'm going to guess that AEG will find this agreeable. If so, approval from the Commissioner's Court would be set for as soon as 1/13.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Here's some news:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/6180023.html

Some (negotiable?) concessions here, but I'm going to guess that AEG will find this agreeable. If so, approval from the Commissioner's Court would be set for as soon as 1/13.
I don't see anything that should be a deal breaker in what the county is proposing. The infrastructure requirement should not be a big deal...it's just accounting. Texas Southern being allowed to play there was already a given I thought....though I would prefer that this be a soccer only field. The 15% of tickets be the same price as the average movie ticket might cause a little debate...but I'm sure they can negotiate some some wiggle room in there.

Glad to here it some movement in any direction. I can't see this not getting done now.