IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular Starter

Newspapers around the country are shutting down. It's pretty obvious that he's bitter about the state of his industry, but at the same time I think he does some of this on purpose because it gets more traffic then being nice. It sounds to me like Justice has decided that it easier to make people hate you than it is to have them like/respect you...It's like he's playing a character for the WWE. Newspapers in their current form are a failed business model....like the pony express after the invention of the telegraph. It's not the bloggers that are eating into their circulation, but they would be smart to look at the things that make the fan sites successful instead of the condescending attitude towards them for being amateurs.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular Starter

I'm confused. Justice only trusts his own reporting on this, and in support of that, cites the numerous times he's been fooled? Assuming someone was willing to confide in him, why would this time be any different from the others? Couldn't the Texans (or Dunta's agent) just give him a bunch of BS? How does he think he can tell the difference?

Also, I love his research. He made one phone call to Dunta's agent, one of the very people that he claims always lie in these situations. Further, why is it when Justice relies on what someone tells him, it's "research," but when others do it, it's "stealing."

Finally, I've noticed on numerous occasions with Justice and McClain that when they get specific, technical questions; particularly about the cap, contracts, etc., they clearly have little working knowledge of the subject. Thus, rather than address the specifics, you get vague "NFL contracts are complicated documents" boilerplate responses. But, let's assume that's true and NFL contracts are that complicated, seems like there might be a market for someone; oh, I don't know, maybe a sports reporter in a major media market, to the learn those intricacies and thus, provide a useful service for his readers. Crazy, I know, but it just might work.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
More... these have mysteriously gone missing since it was posted, btw. And yes, Alan is correct, Justice wrong, but you already knew that, didn't you?
What a joke!! He's removed all of the posts from AJ. He hasn't posted my second reply either, which I assume is because I pulled some of his quotes from his last response to AJ and disputed them. My second reply was to the point and contained no harsh language and was not derogatory in any way towards Justice on a personal or professional level. It's a shame the Chronic allows their blogger's to do that crap. I know that's how most blogging sites work, but you expect a major media source like the Chronic to have some level of integrity (even though some of their hacks do not) and show they're trustworthy. That's not the case when they allow their hacks to skew information and edit or delete anything that doesn't fall in line with their opinion or exposes them for the frauds they are.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Regular Starter

Default I've got another amazing RJ story that just happened!

He has a blog out today discussing the Texans off-season. Anyway, he went on in the article to say,

"Rick Smith has a terrible record in FA with signings like Ahman Green, Rosevelt Colvin, Chris Brown, etc.."

So, I posted a response with no malice or name-calling. I said that he has a pretty weak argument if 75% of his evidence on Rick Smith's poor FA record is "Rosevelt Colvin, Chris Brown, and Etc" . I went on to argue that his buddy Casserly is the cause for many of these low-end, semi-desperate signings because of the cap situation he put us in with the following signings, " Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Gary Walker, David Carr, Zach Weigert, Dominck Davis"... Those were all big signings that hurt the team a great deal moving forward. Then, I listed the many quality signings Rick Smith has made with very little money... we all know the list.

Then, he immediately deleted my post. And then, he changed his article by removing "Rosevelt Colvin, Chris Brown, and Etc" from the article. He softened his wording and then used "Ahman Green, Jacques Reeves, and Anthony Weaver" as his new evidence.

Of course, while it's quite amusing that he would use Reeves as an example of a poor Smith signing, since Weaver was signed by Casserly that one is even more amusing.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Training Camp Fodder

RJ reminds me of the reporter Susan Roesgen from CNN that treated the guy she interviewed, the one holding his young child, like crap because she didn't agree with his protest on government overspending. If you don't agree with him he is just going to cut you off and try to make you look stupid.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:53 AM
All-Pro

I never reads RJ and change channels if he's on radio or TV. nuff said. it's almost like someone hacked his blog with mis-info.