IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular Starter

We have to be satisfied with the performance. The Texans of old would have folded by halftime. We came back and fought hard in the 2nd half... we had a chance to win... but we came up short. Clearly we are not a playoff team but we still put up a good fight.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Pro Bowler

Its like we also just let them know when we were gonna snap the ball. They beat our OLine off the snap.

If your OLine sucks that bad, "and you know this man", why the hell don't resort to some way to get the edge.

Hell, now that I think about it we had to call a qb sneak earlier on 3rd down inches.

Terrible execution.

For any normal team, that would've been a good play call. But because again we don't have the personnel to make that play it was a TERRIBLE play call.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz the Boss View Post
We have to be satisfied with the performance. The Texans of old would have folded by halftime. We came back and fought hard in the 2nd half... we had a chance to win... but we came up short. Clearly we are not a playoff team but we still put up a good fight.
Fk putting up a good fight. We could've won without that pick six.

Then we could've tied, but our coaches decided to put the game in the hands of two people that did not get us to that point. CBrown and OLine.

This is the second time CBrown came up short.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Pro Bowler

Most people will say, the Oline did not give him a chance. Well if we had a better Oline slaton would be getting it that situation. We needed someone who knows how to pick up 6 inches. Obviously he cant.

Also why did we have several of our Olineman standing around watching CBrown get pushed backwards. The only person I saw trying to push him forward was Leach.

Same situation as last year.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Pro Bowler

I don't want to end on a bad note. So:

Kudos:

Offense (second half)
Defense (second half)
Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 PM
All-Pro

The fact is that the ONLY thing that the Cardinals' defense does is stop the run. THE ONLY THING. This is why I am mystified as to why the Texans stubbornly continued to try to run the ball in the first half scoring zero points. And I'm mystified that they didn't notice that their successes moving the ball in the second half was basically 100% due to throwing the ball. And I'm mystified as to why with the game on the line the Texans tried to run the ball - up the middle - something they had not been able to do all day. At all.

Kubiak is undeserving of his paycheck. McNair couldn't fire that dumbass fast enough for me.

The team will be lucky to be 3-6 going into the bye. Playoffs, my ass.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:51 PM
All-Pro

OK, I've said this before but it's worth repeating. ZBS is not conducive to gaining a short yard. We do not have the O-line to move a DL off the line of scrimmage. Antoine Caldwell isn't even active because he lacks the experience to beat out White. I realize that Alex Gibbs is considered a GURU and we are lucky to have him, but short yardage is not the strength.

This team is built to pass. The catch in the back of the endzone was a good play, as Rich Gannon mentioned, Schaub simply let the pass sail. We should have spread out the defense and ran a draw up the middle.

I don't blame Chris Brown for not getting in, I blame the stubborn coaches who had faith in Myers and Briesel to get some push against Gabe Watson and Darnell Dockett.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Veteran Depth

I don't think I've been this P.O'ed about a Texans loss since the Rosencopter game last year. Serenity now...serenity now...serenity now.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
I don't blame Chris Brown for not getting in, I blame the stubborn coaches who had faith in Myers and Briesel to get some push against Gabe Watson and Darnell Dockett.
I just don't understand the thought process behind that play call. Dockett is a probowler. What did he think would happen? Meyers has been getting handled, not just this game, but ALL YEAR.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
That about sums it up.

As undersized as the OL is, the interior OL, anyway, I don't consider the Ts undersized, they do a decent job in pass protection. Why the team feels like it needs to run the ball 35 times a game and run the ball in critical situations is anyone's guess. That is just not this team. The need to spread it out and throw it around. Andre was saying that you can spread it out and THEN run. I guess the guys making the big money haven't thought of that yet.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:03 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
That about sums it up.

Andre was saying that you can spread it out and THEN run.
Ditto!

Andre must be reading what I'm posting.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular Starter

Is there any reason CB couldn't have just leaped into the endzone instead of tring to bullrush their DT's?? We're on the 1 YARD LINE, JUST LEAP IN!! I believe Hall, the RB we cut, made a play leaping into the endzone in a preseason game. And speaking of the running game, how long are we gonna continue to go with SS as our RB, he was HORRIBLE, again. I am so sick of our RB's lack of production. Why is Kubiak soo faithful to him, he's had only one good game all season. Change it up!!; start Moats, bring in Hall, or Foster, even start CB, just no more SS, please.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwood View Post
Is there any reason CB couldn't have just leaped into the endzone instead of tring to bullrush their DT's?? We're on the 1 YARD LINE, JUST LEAP IN!! I believe Hall, the RB we cut, made a play leaping into the endzone in a preseason game. And speaking of the running game, how long are we gonna continue to go with SS as our RB, he was HORRIBLE, again. I am so sick of our RB's lack of production. Why is Kubiak soo faithful to him, he's had only one good game all season. Change it up!!; start Moats, bring in Hall, or Foster, even start CB, just no more SS, please.
I don't know what you have against Steve, but he is one of the bright spots of our offense. It is not his fault that the coach does not know how to utilize him.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
This team is two Chris Brown-goalline-failures away from being 4-1.

F'n A.
That's kinda my thought although I blame Schaub's bad pass in the end zone as the major fail of that drive. We could be 4-1 were it not for a couple of bad plays/calls.

Gotta like the comeback, though. I'm afraid I have to agree that the playcalling lost this game.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Pro Bowler

The playcalling lost all the games. Just think had we decided to commit to the pass earlier maybe we might have had 10 points in the first half. In which case we would have won the game. I know its a reach, but not much of one.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
This team is two Chris Brown-goalline-failures away from being 4-1.

F'n A.
http://www.inthebullseye.com/archive/2009/20091011.html

I was thinking the same thing, assuming the Texans win in those overtimes, of course.

There's some kind of head coach macho-ism that exists to say that the team who wants it more should get that final yard. But for Kubiak there needs to be some kind of realization that his offense is built for the pass first.

Almost felt like I was watching the Run n' Shoot out there this afternoon, or least the pre-RnS Red Gun version or something. The biggest difference is that this offense uses more tight ends and naked boots, but like the RnS, these guys need to figure out how they are going to score inside the 5-yard line. Find a jumbo package, run a draw from 4-wide, whatever, but what they are doing now obviously isn't working.

And it's a shame considering how close this team really is to being 4-1 right now. But instead, we're probably looking at another 8-8 finish at this rate.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular Starter

If we're gonna win 9 games this year we have to immediately pass 75% of the time...we have no run game and everybody knows it.

BTW, now that the broncos are 5-0 and we are 2-3, well, I have to move.

Thank you McNair.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:04 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
That's kinda my thought although I blame Schaub's bad pass in the end zone as the major fail of that drive. We could be 4-1 were it not for a couple of bad plays/calls.

Gotta like the comeback, though. I'm afraid I have to agree that the playcalling lost this game.
They called the play action pass on the perfect down and had a man wide open in the end zone with minimal pressure on the QB. If the players can't complete an open 1 yard pass then I blame the players (or whoever got them). You can't blame the play calling when they made what should have been a game tying call.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
http://www.inthebullseye.com/archive/2009/20091011.html

I was thinking the same thing, assuming the Texans win in those overtimes, of course.

There's some kind of head coach macho-ism that exists to say that the team who wants it more should get that final yard. But for Kubiak there needs to be some kind of realization that his offense is built for the pass first.

Almost felt like I was watching the Run n' Shoot out there this afternoon, or least the pre-RnS Red Gun version or something. The biggest difference is that this offense uses more tight ends and naked boots, but like the RnS, these guys need to figure out how they are going to score inside the 5-yard line. Find a jumbo package, run a draw from 4-wide, whatever, but what they are doing now obviously isn't working.

And it's a shame considering how close this team really is to being 4-1 right now. But instead, we're probably looking at another 8-8 finish at this rate.
And the worst part is, this is the easy part of our schedule. We should be no worse than 5-2 after 7 games. Instead, we're 2-3.

Argh.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:24 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
You can't blame the play calling when they made what should have been a game tying call.
That is a good point. Dreesen's foot was about 3 inches out of the back of the end-zone. The play call caught the defense by surprise and it was open.