IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Wow, Angry Dre just walks out after having words for Schaub.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Raiders kneeling it out.

Final score:

Raiders 28, Texans 23
Old 11-17-2013, 03:33 PM
All-Pro

Truly amazing. Now what.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Wow, Angry Dre just walks out after having words for Schaub.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, eh?
Old 11-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Regular Starter

My question is after is horrible performance does Bob finally fire someone?
Old 11-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
My question is after is horrible performance does Bob finally fire someone?
No, he's an end-of-the-season guy. I'd be shocked if it happened any other way.....
Old 11-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
No, he's an end-of-the-season guy. I'd be shocked if it happened any other way.....
You're probably right I'm just sick of the same crap week after week.

Last edited by BigBull; 11-17-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Veteran Depth

Anyone want to guess how many wins we will have at the end of the season.....I thought we would win this one.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Pro Bowler

Time to blow it up.

Again......

Ugh....
Old 11-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Hall of Fame

This is interesting..... which QB would you start?

QB A last 4 appearances: 2 TD's, 5 INT's

QB B last 4 appearances: 8 TD's, 1 INT
Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 PM
All-Pro

"Healthy" Schaub had his chance to redeem himself and, had the Raiders had better hands, there were probably three picks.

This was Keenum's worst game of the four and his OL just keeps folding in front of him like a cheap suit. Hard to blame him. Schaub proved he wasn't any better with the same cast instead of with Foster, OD, etc.

Still, you have to blame the play-calling most. When it was 3rd-and-1 inside the 10 near the end of the game, I told the out-of-towner sitting next to me at the bar "They're going to run to the left and they're going to get stuffed." This is what indeed happened and the guy said "how did you know?" I said "It's the only play Kubiak has called in that situation ALL YEAR. The entire free world knows he's going to run that play which is why it gets stuffed.

You've pretty well hit bottom when you lose to Matt McGloin. He wasn't even good at Penn State. I'm shocked he's even on an NFL roster.

We MUST draft Matthews from A&M this fall. We MUST fix the right side of the line. We can't continue with the talentless lugs we have there. They are killing the entire offense.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Veteran Depth

You have to start Keenum. With that being said, Schaub will probably start. We are now playing for a high draft pick friends.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:19 PM
All-Pro

Keenum over schaub is a no brainer but there is reason to doubt the decision maker has a brain.

As for the OL, they are bad, but Keenum has been terrible against the blitz in every game he has played.

Maybe Case is the QB and maybe he isn't. Maybe he progresses in the remaining games in a way that shows he is. But today QB is a FAR bigger need than RT. Try naming the best RTs in the league. Look at what the best teams in the NFL have invested at RT. Drafting Matthews high in round 1 with big money committed to brown would be idiotic.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 PM
All-Pro

The Texans' irresponsible drafting and player management is going to be exposed in a serious way very soon. The team has so many needs that it will be impossible to address even a real percentage of them. They'll return one productive DL, their LBs are a horrible. The one guy who's any good can't stay on the field. They have a terrible pair of OLBs for a 3-4 team. Their secondary could and should be improved all across the board. And that's just the defense.

Tate will walk and no one knows if Arian can stay healthy so a RB is a must. Their OL blows and I don't think they'll be able to keep Wade Smith so you're looking at needing two or three starting OL. And then the most important position on the team is still a near total unknown. I like Case and I think he can play but a new coach (I'll assume just for the hell of it that Kubiak will be fired) will surely not want to go into his first year with Case at QB.

Basically the entire franchise is a total disaster and a league-wide joke.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Pro Bowler

Kubiak just couldn't wait to go back to his boy. You could see it a mile away just based on his presser in the beginning of the week. Schaub has royally sucked for almost a full year now and Kubiak sticks with him throughout. Keenum has a few bad quarters (with his OL sucking rotten eggs, but while the team is still in the game) and he gets yanked. I am so sick of Kubiak and McNair it makes me want to spit nails.

Man, two wildcard wins against a crap Bengals team. What a ride it's been!!! You should be proud McNair!! Maybe in another 10 years you'll reach Uncle Drayton territory in Houston lore.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Not Case Keenum's best game.... but nothing different from what more established players have at times.... Go check Kaepernick/Dalton/Romo/Flacco, etc. stats/box scores over the course of a season.....

----------------------------

I agree that Kubes was looking for the right opportunity to get his boy in the game....
----------------------------

Don't get the horniness to draft a QB with the Texans first pick I see on some of the messageboards.... I can respect it but I don't agree with it. I'd rather have a can't miss LB or OL..... The prospect of ending up with the next Geno Smith doesn't really do it for me..... Did we not learn anything from 2002?
Old 11-17-2013, 11:18 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Basically the entire franchise is a total disaster and a league-wide joke.
No, Chuck. That sentence describes the Houston Astros and there are miles of difference between the Astros and the Texans.

The Texans were almost snakebit this year. They aren't that bad a team but need to upgrade some areas and probably change coaches because the ones they have now clearly can't get the team beyond a certain level.

Look how quickly the Chiefs turned it around in one year. Some snakebit team has that happen every year. This year, the Texans and Falcons both disintegrated but they'll be back next year. Back to the playoffs? Maybe, maybe not. But the Texans will be back next year, especially if they have the nerve to make some big changes.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
No, Chuck. That sentence describes the Houston Astros and there are miles of difference between the Astros and the Texans.
You are so completely, hilariously wrong about so much that in some ways I would be disappointed if you weren't completely, hilariously wrong about this, too. Happily, I am not disappointed.

And I'll tell you honestly that your complete misreading of the respective state of each franchise really does surprise me because I know you at one time spent a great deal of time with the Astros and I assumed you still do.

The Astros have had an historically bad three year stretch. We all know that. But if you talk with anyone in professional baseball the unanimous consensus is that the team is growing from the bottom up in an impressively powerful way, and no one expects the team to be the league doormat for much longer. Me, I don't give a fck because I can't and won't root for an American League team. I do watch the Astros closely, though, and I follow professional baseball closely. The Astros have been terrible, yes, but they are far from a league-wide joke. Most baseball people are in near awe of what Luhnow has done building up the farm and stockpiling promising arms. How do you not know this? (I fully expect Crane to pull the rug out in three or four years but that's a conversation for another day.)

The Texans, on the other hand, have an owner that no one in football respects, have a head coach that will never be a head coach for another team and a general manager who will never again be a general manager. They can rely on AJ, Watt, Duane Brown. And Myers. Let's make it an even four. Every other player either sucks or won't be back or both or is an injury liability. That's it, dude. Do you want to look at who started for the Texans today and tell me that a quick turnaround is in the works? They could hire Vince Lombardi and this team would suck for another three years.

They are two and eight. This is a two and eight team. They are a disgrace and a joke. Snakebit my ass.

You are right, though, that there are miles of difference between the Astros and the Texans. One team is ascendant and the other is mired in ammonia-reeking wet Rodeo shit.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:43 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post

They are two and eight. This is a two and eight team. They are a disgrace and a joke. Snakebit my ass.

You are right, though, that there are miles of difference between the Astros and the Texans. One team is ascendant and the other is mired in ammonia-reeking wet Rodeo shit.
Dang, the Chuckster has a serious hard-on for the Texans. Who took your Christmas candy from you last year over there on Kirby Drive boy ?
Now I don't know that much about baseball, but I do understand that the Astros are on the rise, but when an organization is rock-bottom that's usually the only way to go. Haven't they had like 2 consecutive 100-loss seasons which is pretty much in the rock-bottom category while the Texans have had 2 consecutive PO seasons ? Now this season is surprising and certainly very disappointing and not just because of the miserable 2-8 record, but it's far too soon to know if this will be a new path for even the near term or just a single-season aberration.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Running back Ben Tate had some tough words for Texans fans.

They booed so loudly during the 28-23 loss at Reliant Stadium that the Texans had to go to a silent-count on offense (something usually reserved for road games).

“These fans here in Houston are so up and down and so wishy-washy,” Tate said. “I’m just shocked at that because this organization has come a long way.

“I just feel like if you’re a true fan, you stick with the team through the tough times and we’re going through a tough time right now.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...f-texans-fans/
Ben Tate is an Auburn guy, so he knows something about what "real" fans are, and I'm inclined to agree with him. I know one thing, when I've gone to games at Reliant I'm always surprised to see so many people wait until after KO to come into the stadium, and then wonder what they are thinking when they yell their azzes off when the Texans are on offense just as they do when the D is on the field. Many local fans are certainly uninformed, atleast the ones who attend the games and that's what Tate was talking about. And many cheered loudly when Matt Schaub was hurt a couple weeks ago, well that was pathetic because Schaub has been responsible for some big wins at Reliant in recent years and also along with his wife has been a solid citizen with his time and money re charitable giving here in Houston.