IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Default Minicamp LB Updates, incl. LB Xavier Adibi - Hamstring Injury

Nothing serious for Adbibi I don't think... aside from the missed practice time.

From Kubiak after Saturday's session:

Quote:
(on LB Xavier Adibi’s hamstring injury) “It’s not going to set him back drastically far, but it is a setback because all of a sudden there’s going to be guys that have about 200 reps under their belts before we get through this weekend, and he’s just watching. That’s part of it, but it’s nothing bad. So we expect him to go on the 19th (of May).”

(on the Texans’ linebacker corps) “I really think that’s a place where our football team can improve drastically. I know that sounds funny, but what I’m heading to is DeMeco (Ryans) and Morlon (Greenwood) have played a lot of football. They’ve been on the field every snap for this team for two years. They need some help. We’ve got some good guys out there battling for a job. You start with Zac (Diles). I really wish I would have played Zac late in the year last year and got a lot of reps under his belt. He’s battling for a job. With (Kevin) Bentley, (Chaun) Thompson, (Xavier) Adibi coming in, we need to get better as a group in there. We know who our two rocks are. They’ve been playing a lot for us. They need some help, so hopefully these young kids come along and play well.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4310
Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
All-Pro

After watching all the videos, reading all the interviews from the OTA, I'm jazzed.

Mario is in better shape and going hard every play.

We have depth at safety, OL, LBs, RBs, and of course the WR position. Our coaching staff added two solid minds, and the team has a solid team first attitude.

I can't wait for mini camp.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Regular Starter

is it football season yet?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Undrafted Rookie

Adibi looks pretty small...hopefully it's just that he is small waisted and looks smaller than he is. Perhaps it was just the angle of the footage I saw.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Regular Starter

They're talking up Mario a lot. I can't help but get excited about what we might start to get out of him on a weekly basis.

Also, Manfull mentioned in her blog that Bennett twisted his ankle and sat out the rest of practice. Has anyone heard anything more on that?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

Also, Manfull mentioned in her blog that Bennett twisted his ankle and sat out the rest of practice. Has anyone heard anything more on that?
Saw a blurb that it wasn't serious, and that they expect him to be ready for the next round of OTA's on the 19th with no problem.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Regular Starter

I guess I oveloooked this Kubiak quote from May 10: "With (Kevin) Bentley, (Chaun) Thompson, (Xavier) Adibi coming in, we need to get better as a group in there. We know who our two rocks are."

Somehow, I had arrived at the conclusion that Greenwood wasn't all that solid last year. I can't say i have ever spent much time watching him. OLB seems to be one of the positions I never really focus on. But I have seen him disparaged somewhat on the local boards as not being much of a playmaker.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting Kubaik's remark. Maybe he just meant rock in terms of the position being settled for now.

Anyway, Greenwood has one of the highest salaries on the team and I had thought that he might be in jeopardy either this year or next, but if Kubiak thinks he's a 'rock', then maybe he's not being overpaid.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtinylittle View Post

Anyway, Greenwood has one of the highest salaries on the team and I had thought that he might be in jeopardy either this year or next, but if Kubiak thinks he's a 'rock', then maybe he's not being overpaid.
He's probably overpaid based on the fact that he doesn't make a lot of big plays and that is what has drawn most of the criticism from the fans. The coaches have always seemed very pleased with him. One of the coaches last year had some quote about what a professional he is, how he is always in the right spot and what a hard worker he is, Always in the film room(with Demeco)...I think there was even something about that's how he would want his son to act. I'll see if I can find it.

I think because of Greenwood's salary and age the plan is probably to groom Adibi to take over for "ultimate"...my guess would be next year.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:25 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
He's probably overpaid based on the fact that he doesn't make a lot of big plays and that is what has drawn most of the criticism from the fans. The coaches have always seemed very pleased with him. One of the coaches last year had some quote about what a professional he is, how he is always in the right spot and what a hard worker he is, Always in the film room(with Demeco)...I think there was even something about that's how he would want his son to act. I'll see if I can find it.
Johnny Holland said it if that helps you find it.