IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Put another way, if I was drafting now, I'd take Manziel over Bortles. In fact, put Manziel in Bortles' body, then we'd have something... as it stands though, if there is a QB to be taken in round 1, my vote today is on Teddy.
Do we really want the "Miley" Manziel act in Reliant ? That's too much drama for me and not enough NFL calibre talent. And from what I saw of Bortles the other night, guy can't hit the broad side of a barn from 5-10 yards half the time he throws the ball. If we just have to take a QB with the top pick, I'd also prefer Teddy Texan. But I don't want to go that way with our first overall pick.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Just covers the top QB prospects, but great analysis on rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...back-conundrum
Old 01-09-2014, 07:23 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Derek Carr is the complete opposite, throwing 33% of his passes behind the line of scrimmage...
Why am I not surprised? I wonder how often he runs out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Why am I not surprised? I wonder how often he runs out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
LOL! I think it's safe to say the younger Carr will not be a Texan.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:09 PM
All-Pro

Bridgewater comes off looking great on every level in those stats.

Manziel looks great considering these are stats that measure only passing and that is where he is most questioned. It is also interesting to note that Manziel was a better passer against the SEC than Bortles was against the AAC (and that does not even take into consideration mobility).

Carr looks bad in almost every metric. There is a significant difference between him and even the 3rd best guy they measured.

I think these stats would be far more valuable if they had done them in years past (or went back now), and could show the correlation (or lack thereofI) between these stats and future NFL success. For instance, did Vince Young's high completion percentage come with a crazy amount of passes shorter than 10 yards? Did Blaine Gabbert in a spread offense look good in these stats? Could Andrew Luck's success be foretold by what he did against the blitz? Give me 10 years of history to compare to so I know the value of what I'm looking at.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:13 AM
All-Pro

Interesting numbers, but here's my question: how much do they need to be handicapped for the SEC defenses faced by one QB vs the non-SEC guys competition ?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I think these stats would be far more valuable if they had done them in years past (or went back now), and could show the correlation (or lack thereofI) between these stats and future NFL success. For instance, did Vince Young's high completion percentage come with a crazy amount of passes shorter than 10 yards? Did Blaine Gabbert in a spread offense look good in these stats? Could Andrew Luck's success be foretold by what he did against the blitz? Give me 10 years of history to compare to so I know the value of what I'm looking at.
Good point. I tweeted the guy asking if he could broaden the timeframe and add some QB samples from the past. Doubt he'll do it, but it sure would be interesting to see. Heck, I'd like to see the 2014 prospect stats vs. recent guys like Luck/Russell (good) and Gabbert/Ponder (bad).
Old 01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Pro Bowler

More comparison stats (might need a Twitter account to see this...):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdpBVjsCAAACtOs.png:large
Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 AM
All-Pro

This article talks about two QB , Matthews and Garrapolo, who will be in East-West Shrine game this weekend.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ractice-report
Old 02-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Wade told the Texans to take Manziel during his HC interview.

Quote:
And at the end of the season when he met with McNair and his brother Cal, the team's chief operating officer, he let them know that Manziel was their best option.

That's what Phillips told "In the Loop with Nick and Lopez" on SportsRadio 610 (via CBS Houston).

“When I did the interview with the McNairs, I told them they ought to take Johnny Football," Phillips said on the show.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9229--nfl.html

Of course, the Texans chose to hire someone else to be their next HC...