IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Regular Starter

I know we are going defense again in the 2nd rd but I really want Titus Young on my team.... Jacoby Jones can get released for all I care.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:01 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
Ok let me get this straight...

So with our #11 pick in the draft we select Amobi Okoye....Oh my bad I meant Travis Johnson...Oh my bad I meant J.J. Watt
Watt is not either one of those guys. He is a high motor guy who just keeps coming. He is the safest pick at 11. And yes he is depth, that part I do not like. But I see them letting Smith go after this season.

I'm not happy with the pick, IMO DE is not the big need. It appears the Texans had Aldon Smith as their pick and that was blown up by San Fran. So they went safe. They were scared of taking another CB in the 1st to play across from last years joke of a pick ( he should be better in a decent NFL system this year), and they were scared off from Quin's medical and off field issues.

IMO the Texans will never win with Rick Smith drafting the safe pick. They do not have anyone on defense that teams have to scheme for other than Mario and he does not have the desire to be the best in the NFL.

They should have gone Quin IMO. I would have been OK with Prince, but not in love.

Now go up and grab Aaron Williams at 33 or so and that will show me some balls. Rick Smith has no balls.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:22 AM
All-Pro

So what do the Texans do in the 2nd? Move up and take Aaron Williams FS?

Move up and take OLB Brooks Reed? Stay where they are and draft OLB Brooks Reed?

How about taking Stephen Paea from OSU to play the NT with Mitchell? That would be a great fit for Wade's scheme. But also would be another rotational guy (Bench).

Or how about Dontay Moch to play OLB?

Brandon Harris would be a nice pick up to play CB.

Houston would be an ok pick in the 2nd round, but don't see that one.

Last edited by painekiller; 04-29-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:55 AM
All-Pro

I was too stupid in college to get thru advanced math courses like calculus, but I'm still confidant in my calculations that going from the 4-3 to the 3-4 means our need for Dlineman dropped by 25% ? So why do we use that precious first-round pick on a DLineman instead of a OLB or DBack where we really, really need help, especially an edge-rusher ?
I guess they were just too scared of Quinn to make that move ? If it was medical, OK I can buy that, but I hope it wasn't "off-field" issues because that kind of all too cautious behavior has cost the Texans valuable talent in the past.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I was too stupid in college to get thru advanced math courses like calculus, but I'm still confidant in my calculations that going from the 4-3 to the 3-4 means our need for Dlineman dropped by 25% ? So why do we use that precious first-round pick on a DLineman instead of a OLB or DBack where we really, really need help, especially an edge-rusher ?
I think that is where it gets a little fuzzy. Lots has been written about Phillips system being a "hybrid" 3-4.
Mario is in the last year of his contract, Smith has two years left on his contract. If we lose one or the other, or both, Watt has a year to work in a be solid.

Not a "sexy" pick, but in Wade I trust.

Until he pisses me off......