Eli Ankou

Justin Hardee

Laurence Gibson

Chad Slade

Germone Hopper

David Quessenberry
Old 09-02-2017, 01:54 PM
All-Pro

I wonder why the Colts would trade for Brissett when there would be perfecly good, experienced backups available today. Other than they are the Colts, that is.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:58 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I wonder why the Colts would trade for Brissett when there would be perfecly good, experienced backups available today. Other than they are the Colts, that is.
You see a deal like that and you assume someone is driving around with a suitcase full of coke again.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:12 PM
All-Pro

It just occurred to me who Pagano reminds me of. You know how every time you see him on the sideline he has a sort of half confused, half surprised expression?

Jack Pardee. Exactly the same expression. I guess that could be the direct result of having a batshit crazy owner.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:00 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
It just occurred to me who Pagano reminds me of. You know how every time you see him on the sideline he has a sort of half confused, half surprised expression?

Jack Pardee. Exactly the same expression. I guess that could be the direct result of having a batshit crazy owner.
I know there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs, but I can't understand a guy who was well respected before he got there continuing to put up with that environment.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:01 PM
All-Pro

What it really comes down to though is the last GM drafted Dorsett in the 1st round so there is no accountability for what this GM does with him.

The race to eliminate anything that smells like the previous guy is hilarious in the NFL. These guys would rather give away talent than win with guys they don't get credit for.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:36 PM
All-Pro

The Raiders and the Redskins are somehow always able to fill their respective vacancies. Of course we are talking about Jack Del Rio and the dumber Gruden.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:17 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

The race to eliminate anything that smells like the previous guy is hilarious in the NFL. These guys would rather give away talent than win with guys they don't get credit for.
Yeah, like Jeff Luhnow and J.D. Martinez.

Sad to hear about Quessenberry. I hope he gets added to a practice squad.

Novak's cut was shocking. He sent a release say it is hard to feel sorry for himself when he sees all the Harvey victims. He said that's real easy to get a better perspective when you look at that. I suspect it was Novak's salary that was his undoing because I didn't see anything about his replacement that stood out.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:35 PM
All-Pro

Huh? Fairbairn kicks the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs. Novak's doing well if he gets it across the goal line. I don't know if you've noticed but the Texans are not exactly fielding a vanguard kick coverage unit recently. For me this was one of the more unsurprising moves.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:54 PM
Hall of Fame

There's also this:

The Houston Texans waived-injured the following seven players:

RaShaun Allen
Lonnie Ballentine
Cory Carter
Matthew Godin
Denzel Rice
Malik Smith
Wendall Williams

The Houston Texans waived the following player from the active roster with an injury settlement:

Robert Nelson Jr.

The Houston Texans waived the following two players from the Reserve/Injured list with an injury settlement:

Dayon Pratt
Devin Street

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Wendall and Ballentine are gone. Hmmm...

They kept 6 RB's including Jordan Todman who was with Indy last year. Keep in mind someone will lose a job if/when D Brown comes back and Strong is currently not counted due to the one week suspension....
Is Newton coming back this year?

Some will be signed to the practice squad.....
Old 09-03-2017, 03:21 AM
All-Pro

I think we should sign T.J. Ward now that Denver has cut him. I'd be tempted to look at Kony Ealy as well but he seemed to have quickly found Belichick's doghouse which makes me think he'd land in O'Brien's just as easily.

I think the only downside with Ward is he is close to the perma-ban level on targeting fouls much like Swearingen was. Hey, sometimes you just cant help hitting a guy's head, particularly when they duck while bracing for impact.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:26 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Huh? Fairbairn kicks the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs. Novak's doing well if he gets it across the goal line. I don't know if you've noticed but the Texans are not exactly fielding a vanguard kick coverage unit recently. For me this was one of the more unsurprising moves.
This may be true but in the era of touchbacks moving to the 25 and idiots running kickoffs out of the back part of the end zone, most teams don't want a kick off into the third row like they used to.

What I care about is converting FG attempts and (now) extra points. Carebear didn't distinguish himself from Novak in that department.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:07 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
The Houston Texans waived the following player from the active roster with an injury settlement:

Robert Nelson Jr.
What was his injury again? Third degree burns?
Old 09-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What was his injury again? Third degree burns?
Eheh. Ya know, sometimes you wonder if the braintrust sees things the way some of us do.... They've elected to keep the UDFA Dee Virgin so they must like him more than Nelson....

Also, they kept 6 DE's? Do we really need that many on the 53? Gotta think that is where some pruning will take place when they need to make some room. Dunn, Heath or Kamalu likely to be shifted to PS....

New transactions:

Quote:
09/03/2017 The Houston Texans signed the following nine players to the practice squad: TE Evan Baylis, CB Bryce Jones, WR Riley McCarron, RB Dare Ogunbowale, OLB Gimel President, G David Quessenberry, DE Daniel Ross, G Chad Slade, WR Chris Thompson

09/03/2017 The Houston Texans waived the following player from the active roster: RB Akeem Hunt

09/03/2017 The Houston Texans waived the following player from the Reserve/Injured list with an injury settlement: P Cory Carter

09/03/2017 The Houston Texans claimed the following player off waivers from the Dallas Cowboys: WR Andy Jones
Hunt is gone. :/
Old 09-04-2017, 03:42 PM
All-Pro

Seems to me Duane Brown is almost back with the team

http://scout.com/nfl/texans/Article/...-in--106941891