IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Regular Starter

Default Wish we would of went after Favre.

Now who thinks thats a bad idea? I dont think I have much faith in either of our QB's anymore. IF the QB position doesnt startlooking better pretty soon guess we should start scouting QB's. Hello TeBow, Chase Daniels and whoever else who looks good.

Maybe Tennesse will give up on VY and we can get him on the cheap.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Regular Starter

Stop that crap. Rosenfels screwed the pooch, we'll live. Schaub's back next week.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Pro Bowler

Sage did what was needed of him. "He should've won though"

Optimistically thinking. Shaub got a long hard look at how this offense needed to be run, minus the last 4 min.

But Sage's last second screw up got us focused back on what is needed to be a starter in this league. and how he doesnt have it. (poise and the ability to manage a game right down to the last second)

No matter how much you hated Shaub he wouldn't have done that in the last 4 minute.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Stupid thought. Favre wouldn't have come here anyway, and besides he is too old, and would have cost way too much for what we could have got out of him.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Maybe Tennesse will give up on VY and we can get him on the cheap.
Uhhhhhh, NO THANKS!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Stupid thought. Favre wouldn't have come here anyway, and besides he is too old, and would have cost way too much for what we could have got out of him.

Too old???? Cost to much???????talk about stupid thoughts! These are the kind of thoughts that have kept us a below avergage team for our entire existence. Build through the draft thats fine I can live with that but if there is a FA out there that can help us and plays a position of glaring weekness why arent we going after them??? This is what is bothering me. People keep saying well thats how the Patriots did it. NEWS FLASH!!!!! WE ARE NOT THE PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!

Its time time to stop thinking we can keep going after average FA's like Reeves that "fit our system" and go after some real talent. We might have to pay more but at least we know what we are getting. I am going to be real upset if we dont add at least on game changing big name FA next year. Terrel Suggs or Albert Haynseworth or some other difference making FA better be wearing steal blue next year or we will be feeling the same way after 4 games as we do now.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Now who thinks thats a bad idea
me. stealing colors aside, i'd rather let gloryboy have his spotlight in glorytown. he left the only place he had a shot to move a team forward. you mention some good names in fat albert and suggs as FA's that would make a difference but i'm so glad i don't have to listen to anything brett favre.

what's funny is matt schaub, in that situation, goes down instead of trying john elway's crazy helicopter ride (and i assume we would win after that).
Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dennis2112

No to Favre
Too old and too much of a circus

No to Sage
Best backup/spot starter in the league

Yes to Schaub
The present and future QB of the Houston Texans
Old 10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
what's funny is matt schaub, in that situation, goes down instead of trying john elway's crazy helicopter ride (and i assume we would win after that).

You are assuming Schaub was/is even capable of leading the team as Sage did the first 3 1/2 quarters. We still dont know if thats the case. Guess we'll see next Sunday.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
All-Pro

sure every one can wish for their favorite player, but Farve hasn't exactly saved the jets so far. where is their offense ranked, 20th. he'd is a publicity hog, one year long shot, glad he got his extra year as a Jet. And one of greatest players ever and sure to go to Hall of Fame quickly.

Last edited by Nconroe; 10-06-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
sure every one can wish for their favorite player, but Farve hasn't exactly saved the jets so far. where is their offense ranked, 20th. he'd is a publicity hog, one year long shot, glad he got his extra year as a Jet. And one of greatest players ever and sure to go to Hall of Fame quickly.
Its not that I really even wanted Favre. He is not one of my favorite players nor has he ever been. What he is to me is a proven veteran. Something this team has never had. We have always gone with a young developing QB. It hasnt worked so far so I would like to see this team run by a QB who has already seen success and knows how to win. Im tired of waiting for someone to all the sudden become a solid starter. I want someone who already is, thats all!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Pro Bowler

Favre? Favre is the king of stupid decisions and throws.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
You are assuming Schaub was/is even capable of leading the team as Sage did the first 3 1/2 quarters. We still dont know if thats the case. Guess we'll see next Sunday.
well, i suppose if you just wish to ignore all of schaub's successes and focus on negatives this is exactly what someone would say. open up your other eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Favre? Favre is the king of stupid decisions and throws.
you mean like the one he ended his career on....

...or should have...
Old 10-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
well, i suppose if you just wish to ignore all of schaub's successes and focus on negatives this is exactly what someone would say. open up your other eye!
I guess youre talking about that great 75.5 passer rating. Take off youre blind fold!

Quote:
you mean like the one he ended his career on....

...or should have...
When is the last time Schaub threw 6 TD's in one game? Farve did it last week. Pretty good for someone who should be retired. I think youre absolute hatred for Farve has impaired youre judgement.

Do I think Schaub sucks? NO. Do I think he is great? NO. The point is Im tired of waiting for any of our QB's to BECOME good. I want one that has already reached that level.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
I guess youre talking about that great 75.5 passer rating. Take off youre blind fold!
no, i'm talking about his 66.6 completion percentage. his track to a 4,000 yard season was cut short by cheap shots: 2,200+ in 9 games. you know, things elite qb's do. i'm not saying that he doesn't have faults man, i just think it's weird that you ignore everything good about him in your quest to bring favre here.
Quote:
When is the last time Schaub threw 6 TD's in one game? Farve did it last week. Pretty good for someone who should be retired. I think youre absolute hatred for Farve has impaired youre judgement.
i think you're undying love for him impairs yours. so we're even. are they counting on father-time to chuck 6 every game or what? just because i would rather watch something other than brett favre soak in anymore attention doesn't mean i hate him. it does mean, however, that i want him to go away.

Quote:
I want one that has already reached that level.
for a year? then what?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
no, i'm talking about his 66.6 completion percentage. his track to a 4,000 yard season was cut short by cheap shots: 2,200+ in 9 games. you know, things elite qb's do. i'm not saying that he doesn't have faults man, i just think it's weird that you ignore everything good about him in your quest to bring favre here.

i think you're undying love for him impairs yours. so we're even. are they counting on father-time to chuck 6 every game or what? just because i would rather watch something other than brett favre soak in anymore attention doesn't mean i hate him. it does mean, however, that i want him to go away.

for a year? then what?
Do you read all posts before you respond? You should. I am not on a quest to bring Favre here. I jsut want a proven vet. He just happened to be the most recent one available. Let me repost what I said earlier.
Quote:
Its not that I really even wanted Favre. He is not one of my favorite players nor has he ever been. What he is to me is a proven veteran. Something this team has never had. We have always gone with a young developing QB. It hasnt worked so far so I would like to see this team run by a QB who has already seen success and knows how to win. Im tired of waiting for someone to all the sudden become a solid starter. I want someone who already is, thats all!!!
Its obvious you hate Favre. Every time his name comes up you cry about him wanting attention. If we had an experienced proven QB to start this year we wouldnt be 0 and 4.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Regular Starter

so should I read everything you post?

Quote:
Maybe Tennesse will give up on VY and we can get him on the cheap
so you started a thread "wish we had favre" but the thread isn't really about favre? my fault. I'll shut up about him now but you could stop ignoring the strength's schaub has, and what's been done on the field.

btw, i don't hate brett favre. i'm just glad i don't have to listen to anything about him anymore because all offseason was loaded with it. quite frankly, i just thought it was like boring a hole in the front of my head because it was so intensely boring to listen to. plus he's zero help to this team.