IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
On the Sidelines

Default Would You Do Cutler To Houston For Schaub and Our #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
More Denver connection. He's been Cutler's backup.
With Cutler on the block and the Denver connection would the numbers match up to inquire about a Shaub/Cutler trade? I am a fan of Cutler's arm strength and feel he would excel under Kubiak.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Undrafted Rookie

Swap em and they can have D. Anderson, sounds like a deal to me!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:31 AM
All-Pro

my first impression is probably not. Schaub is a little more mature, little better passer rating. a little taller. Cutler seems to be less injury prone, fumbles less.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Pro Bowler

People need to realize that this may be Kubiak's last season. I doubt he's going to make a bold move like this and take on a 'new guy' with what's at stake. Physical prowess aside, Schaub already knows Kubiak's system and has proven he can run it effectively. I think Kubiak would rather gamble that Schaub can stay healthy over the unknown of what Cutler may bring. We know Cutler has talent, but there's no guarantee he can quickly pick up the system and fully integrate with his teammates. Kubiak seems to be the type who plays it safe until he knows it's a lost cause (ala, Carr).
Old 03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular Starter

What I'm wondering about is whether any of this stuff came up during McDaniels' interviews for the job. Cutler is pretty much the face of the franchise. You would think that one of the questions for McDaniels is what he thought of Cutler and whether he wanted to work with him. Also, everyone knew Cassel was on the trade block. You would also think that one of the follow up questions is whether McDaniels had any desire to pursue Cassel. If McDaniels said he would be interested in pursuing Cassel, then they should have had a better plan than they did. If McDaniels said he was happy with Cutler, I would be pretty steamed if I'm the owner and only 1 month later he's alienated my QB to the point where he's requested a trade.

From the comments I've read from Bowlen, it doesn't sound like these questions were really considered. That strikes me as peculiar.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Pro Bowler

I don't think this would be Kubiak's last season, unless something drastically bad happens.

We've shown improvement in each of his three years here, going 6-10, 8-8, and 8-8. It's about time we go above .500, or make the playoffs, but we're in a tough ass division, and I don't think Kubiak is necessarily on the hot seat.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 PM
All-Pro

I think he may be in the hot seat if the defense doesn't improve yet Kubiak will tell you he's never been a defensive coach so I think blaming him for the defense's failure would be a little unfair. His failure would be essentially not bringing in the coaches/personnel to upgrade the defense - which is something you ought to blame Rick Smith for as much as the head coach.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Regular Starter

Kubiak has to be at least in the playoff race until the lat week, maybe two, of the season to keep his job. We've shown improvement, but I think McNair wants to get to the playoffs now. The D has been a weakness, but he's gotten Mario, Demeco, Okoye, Fred, Adibi, Smith, Reeves, and likely several more early draft picks this year to help the defense. He's also gotten a new defensive coordinator, so that excuse is gone. It might not be fair to blame him for a poor defensive unit, but we've devoted a lot of attention to the defensive side of the ball since he's been here. If they don't start having something to show for it Kubiak will get the blame. If it's the offense that stumbles (highly unlikely IMO) then that's his specialty and he should most definitely get the big portion of the blame.

Personally, I like Kubiak and I would like to see him around for a long time. There's something to be said about having continuity at the top of your staff, but I he's got to show he can get this team into contention.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Veteran Depth

I don't think Kubiak's seat is hot at all. I think there was an understanding that this team was devoid of talent and depth when he got here and the necessary time to fix that will be given. Now if they are just flat out awful this year, like 3-13 awful.... he's as good as gone. But if the team has a good draft and again shows improvement he'll be around for another year.