IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2010, 09:48 PM
All-Pro

Default draftnasty.com

If anyone watches the NFL Network, Corey Chavous sometimes appears as a special guest around draft time. He worked with Bermeister and Mayock during the Senior Bowl. Anyway, he brings another outside the box thinking when it comes to evaluating. A couple of years ago he was a big fan of McNeal, the QB from A&M, so he misses like the rest of us. Anyway, this is his big board. He has Ryan Matthews 3rd, OVERALL.

http://draftnasty.com/scouting/position_list/-/FULL

The main reason I wanted to share this was because he had video of 'Spoon's Pro-Day at Mizzou.

http://draftnasty.com/videos/weather...ro-day-3-4-10/
Old 03-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Regular Starter

He must REALLY like Mathews, I think he'll be a solid RB for many years.

"Spoon" looked pretty impressive, he's a lock for Defensive ROY, along with Suh and McCoy. Wouldn't count Brandon Graham out either.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Drafted Rookie

I like Mathews but 3rd overall is way too high. I do think he will go ahead of CJ Spiller though. Some other noteables on the list are Amari Spievey at 25, Joe Haden at 30, Sam Bradford at 34, Dan Williams at 40, and Terrence Cody at 64. I'm sure there are more but that is what I saw at first glance. He is definately of a minority opinion.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:35 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
He is definately of a minority opinion.
That's why I like bringing him into the conversation. I get the feeling that "we" feel as if we understand the proper pecking order for the prospects. We can see various web sites and spot trends that say where a particular player should be drafted. However, it only takes one team to mess things up with a "minority opinion' and grab a player you wanted late in the draft.

Currently, I'd say that I have Ben Tate rated higher than any website out there. In mock drafts, I consistently drafted him in the 3rd and 4th rounds. However, after his Combine showing, I'm pretty sure that I'll have to draft him in the 2nd if I want to get him. So, I've moved him up my board to reflect that. Right now, there on NFLDraftScout.com has Anthony Dixon #58, Toby Gerhart #73, Joe McKnight #82, Montario Hardesty #93, and Ben Tate #116. Draftnasty has Tate ranked #44 with only Mathews, Spiller, and Best ranked ahead of him.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Drafted Rookie

I think you do a better job Roy every year on prospects than a lot of draft sites. And yes I'm all for checking out the different opinions on prospects. I just don't agree with Corey Chavous a lot of the time.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I think you do a better job Roy every year on prospects than a lot of draft sites. And yes I'm all for checking out the different opinions on prospects. I just don't agree with Corey Chavous a lot of the time.
Thanks for that. I don't agree with Chavous a lot of the time either. My point was when you get 32 different organizations, opinions are going to vary. Every team has certain characteristics that they are looking for, so while I may think Joseph Linval would be great beside Amobi Okoye, the Jets may think he'd be the perfect NT. I'm hoping Linval lasts until the 5th round, but he could be drafted in the 2nd and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Pro Bowler

I applaud RP for his efforts year after year. Takes a lot of time and effort to do all that research. But good as he is, and some of the rest of us are, the Texans always seem to do something we never tought they would do. To wit: CB Glover Quinn last year. Most of us had never heard of him, and he flew under RP's radar. So whatta we know?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
I To wit: CB Glover Quinn last year. Most of us had never heard of him, and he flew under RP's radar. So whatta we know?
I learned that I need to pay more attention to those WAC and MWC teams.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:31 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
The main reason I wanted to share this was because he had video of 'Spoon's Pro-Day at Mizzou.

http://draftnasty.com/videos/weather...ro-day-3-4-10/
Man wouldn't it be nice to have him, 'Spoon playing our WILL, with Cushing playing SAM. That would be one of the best LB corps of all time. Dreams that will not happen.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:35 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
the Texans always seem to do something we never tought they would do.
That is one of the lesson I've learned, the Texans will always draft a guy I have not heard of. I've learned to live with it.