IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2010, 09:27 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
BOTTOM LINE

Let me tell you, when you see Dan on film start to chase down a QB from behind, it's like sitting on a boat and staring at a stunt plane as you think it is diving into the horizon when in all actuality, it just dove directly into the lake your boat was sitting on
Ok, this is what he is saying: Dan Williams is a lot closer than you imagine and it scares the $hit out of you, if you are the QB. The QB figures that a 320lbs NT is going to not be able to close that much ground in that short of a period of time. However, in all actuality, he really is that close and you better check your drawers for skid marks. Got it?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Pro Bowler

I would be extremely pleased if Dan Williams were there for us at #20.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Drafted Rookie

The newest mock as of 2-16 has us taking:

1)Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
2)Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
3)Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
4)Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
Old 02-19-2010, 06:26 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
The newest mock as of 2-16 has us taking:

1)Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
2)Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
3)Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
4)Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
Not a bad weekend.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Regular Starter

I have New England sending us two second round picks (they have three) for our first. Bill Belichick would like to bolster his O-line and get a quality reciever/TE since Wes Welker probably won't be ready at the start of next season. With this trade the Texans will have a total of 3 second rounders to help fill the many needs on this team. Using Walter's mock:

42. Lamar Houston, DT, Texas
51. Perrish Cox, CB/KR, Oklahoma State
53. Joe McKnight, RB, USC
81. Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
115. Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa

I took McKnight over Dwyer because I see him as a change of pace type RB, where as Dwyer and Foster seemed a little too redundant. McKnight is probably the third fastest RB behind Best and Spiller, IMO, but has a larger frame to grow into. Best and Spiller are a little smaller and may be maxed out frame wise.

Two other players that might be around in the later rounds are Jay Ross and Jacoby Ford. They have really grown on me and would be really great late round selections.

I felt this was the draft to finally address the secondary, especially with all the uncertainty surrounding DRob.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwood View Post
I have New England sending us two second round picks (they have three) for our first. Bill Belichick would like to bolster his O-line and get a quality reciever/TE since Wes Welker probably won't be ready at the start of next season. With this trade the Texans will have a total of 3 second rounders to help fill the many needs on this team. Using Walter's mock:

42. Lamar Houston, DT, Texas
51. Perrish Cox, CB/KR, Oklahoma State
53. Joe McKnight, RB, USC
81. Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
115. Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
This is going to be a good 2nd round IMO. And we need as many picks as possible in it. Taking the picks Blitzwood worked, not a bad attempt BTW, I might also look at: (NE has the 44th, 47th and 53rd in this mock)

44 Perrish Cox, CB/KR, Oklahoma State ( a little early but need the next pick)
51 Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech
53 Joe McKnight, RB, USC I'll play there too
81 Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
115 Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa

I'm looking at Saffold at OG, Caldwell at OG until our new FA signing Russ Hochstein is ready to play, then Caldwell will become the OC.

My secondary is now pretty set. Burnett ,Barber, Nolan and Pollack at safety Cox, Quinn, Molden, Bennett, McCain and Reeves on the corners. Earn your Playing time boys.

BTW not sure I pass Dwyer at #51. Do I think he is a 1st rounder, to many question for me, pro style offense etc..., but #51? Might have to take a flyer.

edit note

Want to take the Hochstein name away and change it to Ben Hamilton.

Last edited by painekiller; 02-21-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:20 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
(NE has the 44th, 47th and 53rd in this mock)

44 Perrish Cox, CB/KR, Oklahoma State ( a little early but need the next pick)
51 Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech
53 Joe McKnight, RB, USC I'll play there too
81 Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
115 Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
44. DE Corey Wootton 6'6" 270 4.80 Northwestern
51. OG Jon Asamoah 6'4" 308 5.08 Illinois
53. OG Mike Johnson 6'5" 305 5.38 Alabama
81. DT Tyson Alualu 6'2" 295 4.96 California
115. CB Syd'Quan Thompson 5'9" 188 4.49 California

Didn't need Wootton, but he's the BPA at #44. Probably should have drafted CB Brandon Ghee instead of Mike Johnson after I had already selected Asamoah. Oh well.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
44. DE Corey Wootton 6'6" 270 4.80 Northwestern
51. OG Jon Asamoah 6'4" 308 5.08 Illinois
53. OG Mike Johnson 6'5" 305 5.38 Alabama
81. DT Tyson Alualu 6'2" 295 4.96 California
115. CB Syd'Quan Thompson 5'9" 188 4.49 California

Didn't need Wootton, but he's the BPA at #44. Probably should have drafted CB Brandon Ghee instead of Mike Johnson after I had already selected Asamoah. Oh well.
See I don't agree. Why not load up on OG. We need guards, both to play and for depth, and this is a solid draft for 2nd and 3 round guards.

Now I could say the same for CB, except there are more of them to chose from.

Also about Wootton, We have here:
Williams untouchable
Smith cap hit to big to cut yet,
Barwin to soon
Jamison might be a diamond in the rough
Bulman coaches favorite, lunch pale guy

Where you going with him? Give Barwin and Jamison time to develop. Every draft pick deserves 2 training camps to show. Take a need in the 2nd even if you reach a little, Cox is not a huge reach. Or quite the masses and take RB.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:54 PM
All-Pro

Quote:

Also about Wootton, We have here:
Williams untouchable
Smith cap hit to big to cut yet,
Barwin to soon
Jamison might be a diamond in the rough
Bulman coaches favorite, lunch pale guy

Where you going with him? Give Barwin and Jamison time to develop. Every draft pick deserves 2 training camps to show. Take a need in the 2nd even if you reach a little, Cox is not a huge reach. Or quite the masses and take RB.
I would send Jamison packing if we drafted Wooten. I'll allow Wooten and Barwin to develop to see who replaces Antonio Smith once his contract is over. Jamison is just a body.

That being said, #44 could have been used to fill a NEED. I wanted Devin McCourty but he went at #42. I suppose I could have looked at Perrish Cox or Morgan Burnett - but I'm not totally enamored with either that high.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:24 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
but I'm not totally enamored with either that high.
I know we are both waiting for the combine and the forty times, hard to line up the CBs and FS until we know the hips and the speed.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:03 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
I know we are both waiting for the combine and the forty times, hard to line up the CBs and FS until we know the hips and the speed.
I do like watching them running drills one after the other. I was a big fan of Alphonso Smith last year and I'm not sure he made a huge impact his Rookie year for the Broncos. I was also higher on Asher Allen after the Combine, and he was ok for the Vikings, but not anything like Sean Davis (who many including myself pegged as a FS).
Old 02-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular Starter

I thought P. Cox was the top CB at the Senior Bowl and would have no problem taking him in the second round. He usually makes good plays on the ball and has a ton of experience. The only thing keeping him out of the first round are some character issues. That's why I think Kyle Wilson is projected before him, but he's no saint either. He might have issues, but haven't been that publicized since he played at Boise St. But I've never heard of a player having an R.V. and a travel trailer with his picture and name on it since he was a sophomore at any school, much less a W.A.C. school..... It's almost laughable. To say he's got an ego would be an understatement, but I wouldn't hesitate to take him in the second round either.

On the guard issue, I don't see it as such a priority as some other positions. We lost our two starting guards for the season and we were still able to pass protect well and run the ball with some success once our RB's corrected their fumbling issues. The final Patriot's game is a good example of that. With that being said, I would still bring in some depth on the O-line in the final rounds or as F.A.. Three schools that have a good crop of linemen graduating are Tennessee, Iowa, and Nebraska. You'll notice two of those schools had some pretty good defensive tackles that these linemen had to face everyday in practice.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
All-Pro

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say straight out that I'm not overly excited about many of the CB prospects while I realize that it is quite the need for this team. I will also say that some of the defense's biggest gaffe's last season were due in part because we had players who did not know how to play Zone Coverage. Missed assignments led to big plays more than a particular DB getting beat because he couldn't keep up with a fast WR.

If I had to say who my favorite CBs are in this draft without looking at 40-times and Vertical Jumps, then I'd say Syd'Quan Thompson and Alterraun Verner. They can make plays on the ball and get Interceptions. They aren't "big" and will not be the first guy that I'd want trying to tackle Maurice Jones-Drew in the open field. However, they both will make an effort and do their best to get in the way, unlike a former CB that Casserly traded 2nd round picks for. Anyway, I want to see if these little guys can beat 4.50 in the 40. I don't think either are rated very highly in mock drafts.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
If Studdard, Myers, and Briesel are playing the majority of snaps this season, then we will be the same team again. It won't matter who the coaches are.
How would you feel about replacing them with:

Kyle Calloway, OT, Iowa 6-7 315
Dan Doering, OG, Iowa 6-6 300
Andy Kuempel, OG, Iowa 6-7 300
Rafael Eubanks, OC, Iowa 6-3 285

or

Jacques McClendon, OG, Tenn, 6-3 324
Josh McNeil, OC, Tenn, 6-4 280
Vladimir Richard, OG, Tenn, 6-4 300
Chris Scott, OT, Tenn, 6-5 346

None of these guys are highly rated in mocks, I'd say one in each group stands a chance to get drafted, but Iowa was 11-2 last year beating some very good Big 10 teams, while Tennessee nearly knocked off Alabama. Tennessee also runs(ran) a pro style zone blocking scheme.
These guys are all looking for work next year and would fit well here.

I'd be happy with any combination.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwood View Post
That's why I think Kyle Wilson is projected before him, but he's no saint either. He might have issues, but haven't been that publicized since he played at Boise St. But I've never heard of a player having an R.V. and a travel trailer with his picture and name on it since he was a sophomore at any school, much less a W.A.C. school..... It's almost laughable. To say he's got an ego would be an understatement, but I wouldn't hesitate to take him in the second round either.

I can't let this go. He might have issues that haven't been publicized because he played at B.S.U.? You might be pulling stuff right out of your ass. The R.V. does not belong to him. It belongs to his parents who were so proud of their son, they had their r.v. painted with his picture. That is definitely different, but it is nothing like what you just wrote. Wilson was one of the leaders at B.S.U. He's been interviewed many times locally over the last few years and always said the right things, respectful of opponents and confident that the team would give their best effort. Your post is laughable and pathetic to smear a really good guy you obviously know nothing about, because you saw his parents' unusual r.v. If anything, Wilson could probably use a little more cockiness for the position he plays.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
I can't let this go. He might have issues that haven't been publicized because he played at B.S.U.? You might be pulling stuff right out of your ass. The R.V. does not belong to him. It belongs to his parents who were so proud of their son, they had their r.v. painted with his picture. That is definitely different, but it is nothing like what you just wrote. Wilson was one of the leaders at B.S.U. He's been interviewed many times locally over the last few years and always said the right things, respectful of opponents and confident that the team would give their best effort. Your post is laughable and pathetic to smear a really good guy you obviously know nothing about, because you saw his parents' unusual r.v. If anything, Wilson could probably use a little more cockiness for the position he plays.

Scott Wright- "Might have some character issues--Didn't face alot of preimer comp"

Bleacherreport:
"Wilson's tenacity on the field sometimes translates into a nasty character that plays through the whistle and causes minor, unnecessary controversies at the end of the play."

You're right, he actually comes off as a clean, good kid, very likeable... but some scouts have said he might have some character issues
They mentioned the RV picture during the senior bowl, never said it was his parents though, his teammates actually ribbed him a little bit on that...

I like Wilson, I just think he's a relative unknown to most out of the WAC.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:33 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
OK i have to correct you, it's his older brother who owns the RV. He had it covered with the pictures because he was proud of his brother and he has not missed a single game in 4 years.

The place that did the graphic uses it on there website, check it out.

Quote:
Gerry Wilson, Kyle's brother just stopped by the studio to show us his motor home. We provided all the images and the killer guys at Motive Media did all the graphics. Gerry is going to drive the motor home to all the Boise State Bronco football games this year in support of his brother. What a killer group of guys. We are so honored to be part of the Boise State, Blue Magazine Family.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
OK i have to correct you, it's his older brother who owns the RV. He had it covered with the pictures because he was proud of his brother and he has not missed a single game in 4 years.

The place that did the graphic uses it on there website, check it out.
I stand corrected. I did know that it was not Kyle's rv and that his family (mother, father, brother) traveled to the games in the thing. The point is, however, that thing is no reflection at all on Kyle's ego. In his four years at BSU he has not been in trouble on or off the field, and I've never seen any controversy at the end of plays, either. Jeron Johnson, at safety has had some controversy the last couple of years at the end of plays, although I wouldn't classify those as dirty, but playing hard until the whistle blows. Titus Young was suspended for a good part of the season last year for team infractions as was Jeremy Childs a couple of years before. BSU runs about the cleanest program around as far as making sure the players are disciplined and good citizens. There has been nothing about Wilson's conduct to suggest he might have issues.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
All-Pro

idymoe can you give me a scouting report on DeMaundray Woolridge? Why am I not seeing him on anyone's list? I show him to have been a senior, and he should be on someone's list.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Have been a fan of the site for years, and yes Boylhart always talks like this. I like him too.
OK guys, I got another question about Boylhart and THR for you Boylhart fans ? In the "2010 Talent Board", one of the column headings has the title
"TBR" which I understand, according to the narrative, is "evaluations of each prospect to place them on the Talent Board according to the round in which that player’s talent warrants." ? For example Mike Iupati has a 4 under that column, so does that mean a round 4 rating, and if so how can Boylhart have Iupati rated as the player who gets drafted 17th overall in his latet mock ?
BTW, he's got us taking Dan Williams in his updated mock ?
17 OL Mike Iupati Idaho
This team wants and needs to run the ball more then it passes the ball so draft a road grader like Mike.
20 DT Dan Williams Tennessee
They need some bulk too stop the run. They can look at a RB later in the draft.
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/ppSD/...cks/DREW.shtml