IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 11:55 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I don't know what sort of ogre you think I am. As a human being of course I'm sympathetic. As a follower of the Texans I would like to think that he is now completely irrelevant to me, but of course since this is the Texans and not a competently run organization, the owner refuses to provide any clarity and any prospective GM is of course going to have to deal with the specter of Slick Rick.

So who knows, it's not at all impossible that I'll get to continue to enjoy complaining about him for years to come.

And I'm still laughing my ass off that Buford thinks that Smith's getting fired means he loses his family's health coverage. And the 2018 sign-up window for the ACA has closed, more's the pity!
I don't think you're an ogre, I just think you play one on TV (or on the internet in this case).

And yes, it is hilarious that Bob suggested a Billionaire was figuring out a way to finagle health care coverage for a millionaire.

Either way any competent franchise would spell out the plan for Smith instead of leaving it and him and any hire hanging in the wind. Just say Smith is permanently done as GM so he can focus on family, but he will remain a special advisor to McNair. Make him like a HS or College coach that gets moved on to administration. Instead we have him gone but not permanently gone, not coming back but maybe kind of coming back.