IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 03-12-2019, 03:18 PM
All-Pro

Default Texans To Sign CB Bradley Roby

You take one of ours, we take one of yours...

It appears the Texans are about to sign Denver CB Bradley Roby, a former low first-round pick from Ohio State. He'll primarily replace Kareem Jackson whom the Texans lost to Denver yesterday. No numbers yet on the Roby deal.

After I razzed on Jackson's deficiencies, now I get to tell you about Roby's. Physically, he has the gifts of a top defensive back and sometimes he puts all the pieces together but usually comes up falling short of his potential.

He got passed over for starting CB by Chris Harris Jr. once Champ Bailey retired and Aqib Talib was signed. Roby wound up the nickel corner as a rookie and did okay for a rookie. Once he was put on an island, he seemed to have trouble staying with his man and was accused at times of lacking focus.

Bottom line, we traded our flawed corner for someone else's flawed corner. We swapped our low first-round DB from a football factory for another low first-round DB from a football factory.

Too early to know the numbers yet to say if we got the better value.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:10 PM
All-Pro

Per General McClain, the cost on Roby is 1 year, $10 million. The Texans also are poised to sign S Tashaun Gipson, late of the Jaguars. Still saying the first-rounder will be an OT. I can't disagree there.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Regular Starter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...z1i5hevut9wxgn

Earl Thomas to Houston??
Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Per General McClain, the cost on Roby is 1 year, $10 million. The Texans also are poised to sign S Tashaun Gipson, late of the Jaguars. Still saying the first-rounder will be an OT. I can't disagree there.
Not so much pressure on an early DB in the draft, now. Provided good health, they might be better off than they were. Still, a CB-to-groom should be on the draft list....