IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn

Old 09-11-2010, 03:16 AM
All-Pro

Default Heart Caths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwood View Post
Uncle today . He was my patient today, so I can't reveal too much, but we started talking about football and the upcoming season and such, when he mentions that his nephew will be playing for the Atlanta Falcons. I asked his name and he told me Sean Weatherspoon, I said the OLB from Mizz and he was pretty suprised I knew who he was. I told him I would have liked us to have drafted him and teamed him up with Ryan and Cushing, but we had some more pressing needs. He also told me that Sean's Aunt (his sister) is Teresa Weatherspoon, former WNBA point guard for the New York Liberty who had recently been inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, Along with Pippen and Malone. So, needless to say, there are some real athletes in that family.

I know RoyP, painekiller, and a few others were high on him, especially after the Senior Bowl so I thought I'd share that with ya'll.

Thanks for the story Blitz, do you mind my asking you which hospital you work at? I understand if you can't say.

I was in St. Luke's having a heart cath on Wednesday, one of the reason I ask. I will most likely be back there soon to have further work done.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Regular Starter

Funny you should ask, I work on the west side in a cardiac cath lab. I've been working in the cath lab for more than 10 years, so if you have any questions about caths and procedures, feel free to PM me.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Funny you should ask, I work on the west side in a cardiac cath lab. I've been working in the cath lab for more than 10 years, so if you have any questions about caths and procedures, feel free to PM me.
Thank you. If I have a question I will ask via a PM. Again thanks.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 PM
All-Pro

I am an RCIS and work in the Cath Lab at Memorial Hermann in the Woodlands. So, that is REALLY weird.

As for Spoon, the Falcons drafted him before we could pick, so I wasn't too upset that the Texans didn't get him. I was thinking he might still be available when we were on the clock.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Regular Starter

Good grief, all you guys work in the medical field? Do any of you know anyone who is hiring RN grads? My daughter in-law is a recent grad (2 Yr. type with Lic. and also a Lic. LPN and a Phlebotomist) and is looking for work, but seems everyone is looking for 2 years of experience. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Since we are all baring our.....uhh, hearts, I have been on the other end of two caths, and underwent a quad bypass at the "old" Herman in the med center in 1986. Yep, I am a survivor! Thanks to you guys for being there for people like me with a tendency toward hereditary plaque.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:20 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Since we are all baring our.....uhh, hearts, I have been on the other end of two caths, and underwent a quad bypass at the "old" Herman in the med center in 1986. Yep, I am a survivor! Thanks to you guys for being there for people like me with a tendency toward hereditary plaque.
I am having a bypass and a valve replacement on Monday. I hope I can say I am survivor in 25 years, I also have the hereditary plaque causing havoc, and my lifestyle choices are not helping, well my new life starts Monday.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I am having a bypass and a valve replacement on Monday. I hope I can say I am survivor in 25 years, I also have the hereditary plaque causing havoc, and my lifestyle choices are not helping, well my new life starts Monday.
I wish you the very best and a fast recovery. I'll be anticipating your posts a little more now knowing what you're about to go through, Good luck!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:30 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
I wish you the very best and a fast recovery. I'll be anticipating your posts a little more now knowing what you're about to go through, Good luck!
Thank you.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Good luck PK. Get back on the board as soon as you can.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 PM
All-Pro

Best wishes and a speedy recovery. We definitely enjoy your posts.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Administrator

pk - Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Keep us posted as you can.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:47 AM
All-Pro

Indeed, pk. Don't watch any Texans games for a few weeks and have a restful and full recovery.

And, edo, the nursing home near me in NW Austin (convalescent center, retirement community, whatever the buzzwords are now) actually has a big sign at the curb looking for RNs and LNs, so if she's interested, e-mail me (bob@astrosdaily.com) and I can get the name and address. I pass by it on my way to the office each day. 183-N at Duval Rd.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Indeed, pk. Don't watch any Texans games for a few weeks and have a restful and full recovery.

And, edo, the nursing home near me in NW Austin (convalescent center, retirement community, whatever the buzzwords are now) actually has a big sign at the curb looking for RNs and LNs, so if she's interested, e-mail me (bob@astrosdaily.com) and I can get the name and address. I pass by it on my way to the office each day. 183-N at Duval Rd.
They live in Conroe so the commute would be a killer . As it turns out, she just snagged a RN job with a nursing facility in Conroe. So, all is well and thats to all of you for your help.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 AM
All-Pro

I want to thank everyone for their support and well wishes.

I will be back on the board asap.

And if the Texans play the girls like they did the skins I am going to be in trouble.

Again thank you guys.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Pro Bowler

God bless you PK. Hope to see you back on the board real soon.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:05 PM
All-Pro

Wanted to give everyone an update. I have been released from the hospital and will be returning home to my own house soon. I will pop in here from time to time and add my two cents.

I wanted to again thank all the well wishers for your prayers, I am truly humbled by your support.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular Starter

Alright PK, way to go. A little advice- don't watch this past weekend's game........anymore, and you should start feeling a whole lot better real soon.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 PM
All-Pro

Yea!!!! Glad to hear everything turned out fine. Now just make sure to let your chest heal up. Remember to take all your Meds too!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Regular Starter

All good news PK. Thanks for the update and keep getting stronger.