IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2017, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Default Official 2017 NFL Draft - Round 1 Thread

Finally here.

Now we just wait a few hours to see what commercial is played once the Texans are on the clock.

(I like to re-use this joke most every year.)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:13 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's not a joke.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:14 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Finally here.

Now we just wait a few hours to see what commercial is played once the Texans are on the clock.

Maybe they'll play that Sprint one.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:24 AM
All-Pro

With the 25th pick in the NFL draft, the Houston Texans select.....T.J. Watt, LB, Wisconsin. The Seahawks are on the clock.

Later, Rick Smith explains the choice was an obvious one because of the family ties, the great work ethic and because the Texans *have* to get to Peyton Manning.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
In retrospect, there have been many Texans picks where I would have much preferred to watch the commercials.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
All-Pro

You mean like the year we picked the wrong Johnson? Derrick is still playing for the Chiefs. How many years has Travis been out of the NFL now?
Old 04-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm hoping for that Toyota "You don't own me" commercial they played 10 million times every TNF/SNF/MNF game last year. Can never get enough of that commercial.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
You mean like the year we picked the wrong Johnson? Derrick is still playing for the Chiefs. How many years has Travis been out of the NFL now?
That was a draft day boner so egregious that the organization was left with a terminal case of blue balls. Deep steel blue, surely.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Regular Starter

Totally out of left field but I am seeing rumblings that CLE might be trading up to #5 so they can spin it to NE for Jimmy G. NE has already said no to #12 so it would have to be someone they know would be gone by pick 11.

The first guy I thought of was McCaffrey. Can you imagine him in the Pats system?
Old 04-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Regular Starter

Wow, that would be a colossal steal for the pats. Even 12 would be too steep a price for me.

On a different topic, I'm hoping the Texans select a RB to groom for the future, Miller is decent, but really struggles in goal line work, as does Blue. The Foreman kid out of Texas would be a nice add in the 3rd, especially given our qb situation.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
The first guy I thought of was McCaffrey. Can you imagine him in the Pats system?
The Pats just signed two FA RBs so I can't see them going RB. Maybe for a top D player. I honestly can't remember the last O player the Pats drafted that wasn't OL. Bill usually goes D. Wouldn't rule out TE with Bennett leaving and Gronk showing signs of wear. Man, I hate these teams feeding the Pats players and picks. It's not like they're good and win Super Bowls or anything.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
The Pats just signed two FA RBs so I can't see them going RB. Maybe for a top D player. I honestly can't remember the last O player the Pats drafted that wasn't OL. Bill usually goes D. Wouldn't rule out TE with Bennett leaving and Gronk showing signs of wear. Man, I hate these teams feeding the Pats players and picks. It's not like they're good and win Super Bowls or anything.
I don't know that you can rule out McCaffrey because of those signings, though, since they wouldn't just use him as the traditional RB. They love versatile players who let them give different looks without changing personnel, especially in the hurry up.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I don't know that you can rule out McCaffrey because of those signings, though, since they wouldn't just use him as the traditional RB. They love versatile players who let them give different looks without changing personnel, especially in the hurry up.
True, but the way the Pats interchange RBs on any given Sunday, I can't see them expending a Top 5 pick on RB. I think they would be inclined to take a top D player.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:56 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I remember yelling at the TV. I also wanted Clay Matthews over Brian Cushing and complained we drafted the wrong Trojan.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:58 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post

Solomon Thomas for Jimmy G. Bill would do that.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:17 PM
All-Pro

Garrett will be Mario 2.0. Pretty good but not interested enough to be great.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:27 PM
All-Pro

The first QB is off the board at #2. Da Bears not giving much faith in Mike Glennon. Should be interesting to see when Watson and Mahomes go now.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:28 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Garrett will be Mario 2.0. Pretty good but not interested enough to be great.
I bet Derek Barnett has more sacks in the first 3 years.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:30 PM
All-Pro

Solomon Thomas is gone. My top player on My draft board.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:32 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
The first QB is off the board at #2. Da Bears not giving much faith in Mike Glennon. Should be interesting to see when Watson and Mahomes go now.
SF called Chicago and told them someone was offering them something interesting to move up to take Trubisky. I wonder who. I respect that the Bears love him. For all I know he'll be a star. But that seems an awful lot to give to swap spots.