IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Shocked by the waiving of Sunny Harris, but this also means if he is healed up by December they can resign him, right?
I "think", and could certainly be wrong, but if you are injured then you can't just be out right cut. Waived/injured allows someone to claim you. If no one claims, then he reverts to IR. Again, could be wrong, but I believe that is the rule.

I'm kinda surprised Mondek didn't make to the last cut, as I was like many who assumed he was destined to the PS. Getting whacked first round loses him some valuable PT this week.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Undrafted Rookie

sorry if I missed it already, but how is Mister Alexander looking in preseason?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
I "think", and could certainly be wrong, but if you are injured then you can't just be out right cut. Waived/injured allows someone to claim you. If no one claims, then he reverts to IR. Again, could be wrong, but I believe that is the rule.
I could be wrong too, but the way that I understand it is that (like you said) in the preseason a player has to clear waivers before he can be put on IR. A hurt player is put on waivers with the "injured" designation so the other teams have notice that he's damaged goods. If another team claims him, he goes to that team. If not, the original team can either put him on IR or negotiate an injury settlement with him. An injury settlement involves a payment to the player based on how long it is until he is expected to be able to be to return to football, and he may or may not be able to sign with another team before that date depending on the terms of the settlement. I believe that a team can't reacquire a player with whom it has reached an injury settlement for the time period that's the basis for the settlement plus six weeks.

If this is true, Bullock hasn't really been placed on IR yet, it's just a foregone conclusion that he will be at the final roster cutdown.

Kubiak said last week that Harris will go on IR so apparently they decided the risk of someone claiming him was low enough to go ahead and make the move now.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
All-Pro

He's MISTER Alexander to you and he looked well enough in the New Orleans game. I found myself watching a lot of him in the first half and a lot of Mercilus in the second half.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Pro Bowler

My stab:

QB - Schaub, Yates (2)
RB - Foster, Tate, Forsett (3)
FB - Casey, M Norris (2)
G/C - Meyers, Caldwell, Smith, B Brooks, B Jones (5)
OT - Brown, Butler, Newton (3)
TE - Daniels, G Graham (2)
WR - Johnson, Walters, Jean, Martin, TBD - Vet from cuts (5)

DE - Watts, Smith, Jamison, Crick (4)
DT - Cody, Mitchell, Fangupo (3)
OLB - Barwin, Reed, Mercilus, Braman, Nading (5)
ILB - Cushing, James, Dobbins, Alexander (4)
CB - Joseph, Jackson, McCain, Harris, McManis, TBD - Vet from Cuts (6)
S - Manning, Quin, Nolan, Demps, Keo (5)

P - D Jones
K- S Graham
LS-Weeks
KR/PR - Trindon Holliday

I would not be surprised if they picked up another ILB either. Depending on how they feel about Cody's health, at the expense of Fangupo or Keo.

Last edited by WMH; 08-27-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
All-Pro

Here's whom the Saints cut. See anyone that impressed you?

Quote:
The Saints announced they’ve cut veteran defensive tackle Remi Ayodele and quarterback Luke McCown as a part of Monday’s deadline moves.

The Saints also waived the following players: Tight end Jake Byrne, wide receivers Marques Clark, Kevin Hardy and Derek Moye, offensive linemen Hutch Eckerson, Paul Fenaroli and Brian Folkerts, defensive end Donavan Robinson, defensive tackle Swanson Miller, linebacker Aaron Tevis, cornerbacks Kamaal McIlwain and Cord Parks and safety Johnny Thomas.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
All-Pro

Is Darryl Sharpton ever going to get healthy or is that just a lost cause?
Old 08-27-2012, 06:43 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Is Darryl Sharpton ever going to get healthy or is that just a lost cause?
They said when he had the setback that it would be 4 weeks before he could start back to his rehabbing/getting back in shape. So he is on schedule from that junction. He will need time to get into football shape after he starts working out again. So the PUP list makes sense, and was almost expected when the setback occurred.