IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Welp, Indy won so it gets goofy. 2 of the 3 stars(so far) needing to align happened, with the lone one exception being the Panthers losing to the Falcons. Last possibility for clinching this week is a Bengals win on MNF.

If the Broncos win on MNF, we clinch in week 17 with:
1) We win - Nothing else matters
2) Colts lose - Nothing else matters
3) We both lose, and 7 games go in the Colts favor. All that goofiness is outlined here:
How The Texans Can Clinch The AFC South And Playoffs With Bengals Win ? CBS Houston
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/12/...-monday-night/

Hopefully, the Bungles will win, or we win, or both.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Fitzy beats the Patriots.

Keenum beats the Seahawks.

Mallett beats the Steelers (who no one wants to play).

What a day for ex-Texan QB's!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Fitzy beats the Patriots.

Keenum beats the Seahawks.

Mallett beats the Steelers (who no one wants to play).

What a day for ex-Texan QB's!
They're just a QB Factory.....
Old 12-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Seeing one early line for the Texans next Sunday - Texans favored by 5.5 over the Jags.........

It might be prudent to rest some folks during the game but I'd still like to see them go for the W...
Old 12-28-2015, 11:20 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Seeing one early line for the Texans next Sunday - Texans favored by 5.5 over the Jags.........

It might be prudent to rest some folks during the game but I'd still like to see them go for the W...
Interesting that a line is already out since we don't know who's starting @ QB for the Texans yet ? Apparently Vegas already says Weeden = Hoyer ?
Old 12-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Interesting that a line is already out since we don't know who's starting @ QB for the Texans yet ? Apparently Vegas already says Weeden = Hoyer ?
Yep, looks that way. Who's to argue?

It's possible they may consider Hoyer the better of the two but it may be close enough they are not sweating the difference... Just a guess..
Old 12-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Meanwhile, In Colts land....
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12m12 minutes ago
Playoff hopes hanging by a thread, #Colts QB situation is dire if Luck is out: Hasselbeck has a sprained AC joint, Whitehurst pulled a hammy
Old 12-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Pro Bowler

All of this needs to happen in order for the Colts to jump the Texans for the division crown:

Quote:
Broncos beat the Bengals tonight,

and then next week...

The Colts beat the Titans
The Jaguars beat the Texans
The Falcons beat the Saints
The Dolphins beat the Patriots
The Broncos beat the Chargers
The Ravens beat the Bengals
The Bills beat the Jets
The Raiders beat the Chiefs
The Steelers beat the Browns
If the Bengals win tonight, it's over and we can rest some players. Stranger things have happened, but I just don't see MIA beating NE at this point, and I don't see BUF beating the NYJ. The others are a little more likely to happen, I suppose.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:55 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Yep, looks that way. Who's to argue?

It's possible they may consider Hoyer the better of the two but it may be close enough they are not sweating the difference... Just a guess..
Not 100%, but Sounds like Texans should win the division then from Popanots list.

And for me , like Weeden better than Hoyer . Jags have been playing better so not a gimme game.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not according to B'OB.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
Don't expect O'Brien to rest players even if AFC South secured: "The Houston Texans, every time they take the field, need to play to win."
Old 12-28-2015, 03:51 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
Not according to B'OB.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
Don't expect O'Brien to rest players even if AFC South secured: "The Houston Texans, every time they take the field, need to play to win."
I like trying to win and go in at 9-7 but it would be foolish to play the most important guys four quarters. I would expect them to treat the game like the third preseason game.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I like trying to win and go in at 9-7 but it would be foolish to play the most important guys four quarters. I would expect them to treat the game like the third preseason game.
My guess, that will be his plan, regardless of coach speak.

Hopefully, we can put a 1st half spanking on them, and sit the core in the 2nd.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Administrator

BOB is maybe learning from the preseason. He sat many of his starters throughout August and the team stuttered out of the gate.

That said, exposing J.J. Watt to further injury in a meaningless game is far too risky.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:57 PM
All-Pro

What a bunch of slapdicks the Bengals are. And christ how I hate Denver. HGH Forehead, Lickey, they're Bob's favorite team. I can't wait until they get undressed in the playoffs. It pisses me off they're even going to the playoffs.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:31 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
What a bunch of slapdicks the Bengals are. And christ how I hate Denver. HGH Forehead, Lickey, they're Bob's favorite team. I can't wait until they get undressed in the playoffs. It pisses me off they're even going to the playoffs.
Wouldn't it be something if Kubiak and Wade ended up the 6th WC spot and come down to Reliant for the Wild Card round.

We should have known that we couldn't count on prime time Bengals.

Sundays 2nd to last home game should have a pretty lively atmosphere.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:42 AM
All-Pro

I was really hopeful about Cinci winning last nights game after the start they got with backup QB McCarron and their defense playing surprisingly well. I don't know what happened to Cinci in the second half ? Was it Wade going to more zone or the altitude in Denver ?
With still some uncertainty about the Texans clinching the division/PO spot, O'Brien will want to go with his starters full bore for an extended time vs Jacksonville Sunday.
Watt would want to play some anyway to keep his perfect record of starts as a Texan intact but it would be helpful to rest him and other banged up starters including Cushing, Joseph, Newt, and Clowney.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Pro Bowler

Cincy was like "Houston you are not gonna ride our backs into the playoffs...earn your own damn spot...LOL..."

Just like that we need to get out there and put a whoopin on Jacksonville and EARN our way in...

With that said need to have JJ, DHop, and Clowney, play as little as possible....

But someone else mentioned that we have a tendency to start games slow...we cannot afford to have everyone else resting their way into the playoffs...

They need to get a hot streak going and ride it into the playoffs. That's the only way I see us winning....we are too bad or underpar at too many positions.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Here's a take (video) on all that. The video was posted yesterday so some of the numbers were still up in the air at the time...

Teddy Covers is always interesting to listen to.... don't agree with everything he says in the video but do agree that, assuming the Texans win, it won't be by much and that both teams will probably exceed the 46 pt total.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:07 PM
All-Pro

Hoyer to start Sunday. Clowney to sit with bad foot. Texans promote Corey Moore from the practice squad.