IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 07-18-2016, 03:49 PM
All-Pro

Default Arian Foster signs with Miami

Reports are Arian signed with Miami.

If healthy and avoids serious injury this a good deal for Miami.

I always really liked Arian, so good luck to him in future.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:59 PM
All-Pro

Good luck to him. Hope his career gets back on track.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:44 PM
All-Pro

Come on Bob. He needs to go down in infamy with Andre "Benedict Arnold" Johnson. We should root for him to be winless, jobless, homeless, and joyless after this betrayal.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:52 PM
All-Pro

Andre and Arian I suppose have been our two best players so far. Both had some great moments here.

To bad they couldn't somehow finish their careers here.

I recall Andre asked to be released, he was hoping for the elusive SB

I guess Andre departure left a few rough feelings while Arian was completely gracious .

Anyhow, good luck to both. And more luck to Arian.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:54 AM
All-Pro

I don't think Houston has ever had a more gracious or classy athlete than AJ (some just as much, none more so). The guy is still running charity events in Houston even after leaving.

The team told him he would have a role as a 40 catch guy in an effort to make him want to leave, so they could win the PR battle they knew his exit would be. I don't blame the team for moving on. That's their job. But I certainly didn't blame AJ for continuing to get paid in the small football window players have.

Bob feels AJ should die a slow death for playing with the Colts after we cut him. I feel he was the best Texan ever and an extremely loyal guy who never publicly questioned the mismanagement that wasted his greatness, and I feel like he should be celebrated.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:45 PM
All-Pro

Ya know, I would almost never presume to know what someone else is thinking on any topic on any day, anywhere.

So, Arian was a lot more entertaining with the media than Andre., at least I thought so.

Arian also has a foundation and fund raiser to help families in need. Can find it on facebook. I like that.

And a writeup on that http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-philanthropy/

Like five more days till rookies report to training camp.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:43 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I don't think Houston has ever had a more gracious or classy athlete than AJ (some just as much, none more so). The guy is still running charity events in Houston even after leaving.

The team told him he would have a role as a 40 catch guy in an effort to make him want to leave, so they could win the PR battle they knew his exit would be. I don't blame the team for moving on. That's their job. But I certainly didn't blame AJ for continuing to get paid in the small football window players have.

Bob feels AJ should die a slow death for playing with the Colts after we cut him. I feel he was the best Texan ever and an extremely loyal guy who never publicly questioned the mismanagement that wasted his greatness, and I feel like he should be celebrated.
This is a great post.

AJ and Arian were two superior players for the team most of us root for. It's clear that most of us with them every success going forward.

Bob of course worries about how these players and their new teams might affect his Broncos. As his is right, but he really should relocate his clown show to a Broncos site. Plus, they're uppity.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:35 AM
All-Pro

Seems everyone liked Arian.

Wonder if he will make some more movies or become an analyst once his football career ends?

Last edited by Nconroe; 07-21-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
All-Pro

I never said anything bad about Arian. I merely pointed out the obvious that he was the first place the Texans were going to go for cap relief since he wasn't producing on a level of what they were paying him. Not hate, just the facts.

AJ too was overpaid and fixing to be even more overpaid so the Texans cut him to clear cap space. The difference was that AJ and his uncle spoke like they were going to get revenge on the Texans when they moved on and if you were going to screw over your old team, where else would you try to go than to their biggest rival?

AJ left with a chip on his shoulder while Arian didn't, hence my reactions to both.

I think the precedent has been sent and will continue in the near future since we now have a QB making franchise money and a DL making franchise QB money.

Next on the parade of big-money cap cuts will be Duane Brown and Brian Cushing. Only a blind person doesn't see this coming.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:09 PM
All-Pro

I look forward to your continued , sometimes unique takes HPF Bob.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:34 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I never said anything bad about Arian. I merely pointed out the obvious that he was the first place the Texans were going to go for cap relief since he wasn't producing on a level of what they were paying him. Not hate, just the facts.

AJ too was overpaid and fixing to be even more overpaid so the Texans cut him to clear cap space. The difference was that AJ and his uncle spoke like they were going to get revenge on the Texans when they moved on and if you were going to screw over your old team, where else would you try to go than to their biggest rival?

AJ left with a chip on his shoulder while Arian didn't, hence my reactions to both.

I think the precedent has been sent and will continue in the near future since we now have a QB making franchise money and a DL making franchise QB money.

Next on the parade of big-money cap cuts will be Duane Brown and Brian Cushing. Only a blind person doesn't see this coming.
I honestly didn't see the revenge quotes from AJ. I am not surprised to hear it from the uncle. It's the same uncle who negotiated his terrible deal, then later threatened a hold out only for AJ to declare to the media the next day he would never hold out and it was just bluster from his uncle/agent.

If AJ did go scorched earth I can kind of understand rooting against him a bit. But I don't think he actually said anything negative. I googled and there is nothing negative. There are quotes of him saying it's not personal, he understands it's business that they cut him, that he's not focused on revenge, and that he's excited to try to win a super bowl in Indy (how'd that work out). And then he took out a full page ad thanking the team and Bob McNair by name.

And the Colts thing is ridiculous. It's not like he took less money to go there. He got a huge deal to go to a playoff team. It was not revenge plot, just a guy grabbing his last payday after his team cut him.

The chip on the shoulder is yours Bob, not AJ's.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:59 AM
All-Pro

And, as I've said a thousand times but certain people don't hear it, he and Gore were re-recruited to the Colts by a college coach and that obviously counts for something with both of those guys.

Some people just love a conspiracy theory.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:57 AM
All-Pro

AJ was our top star for many years, more soft spoken than most stars.

I'm sure media had a few quotes or interpretation of quotes when AJ asked for trades two years in a row.

I always thought his uncle or AJ did poorly or let Texans get a home town discount. But he did make quite a bit anyways.

I thought after the home town discounts it was unfair for Texans to ask AJ to take a pay cut.

And Texans were initiator of the discussions, not AJ.

Arian I guess just realized that is way contracts work these days. Just big business and almost no one gets last couple years of what sounds like a big contract.

I always like to hear different views on a topic.

Rookies report Monday. Maybe then we will get something worth discussing.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:59 PM
All-Pro

I don't think AJ gave a hometown discount, I just think he had a bad agent. I don't think the Texans should have given him more or kept him longer.

The rules of the modern NFL demand that players get what they can while they can, and the teams give as little as possible and never pay for past production.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:16 PM
All-Pro

I'm not sure if a restructure to save team cap space , is a home town discount, but pretty sure AJ agreed to that seems like 3 times.

Agree his Uncle Agent didn't help the situation, and agree he didn't do too poorly in any case.

Arian did OK for 7 years vs 13 for Andre.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:58 PM
All-Pro

Looks like salary cap going up, and Texans need to start talking with Hopkins and his future.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17...s-new-contract
Old 07-27-2016, 07:06 PM
All-Pro

AJ visiting titans. I still wish him well.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2016/7/...-and-treason-y
Old 07-28-2016, 05:37 PM
All-Pro

Nice to see Fitz and his beard got a contract with Jets for 2016.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:34 PM
All-Pro

Thought I recognized David Carr as analyst on NFL network . Doing good so far. http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/onairtalent/david-carr
Old 10-27-2016, 12:42 PM
All-Pro

Saw Arians Facebook post that he is retiring.

He was an excellent RB for Texans.

Wish him well, I'm sure he will do well in future.