IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > Feedback and Updates

Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
All-Pro

Default A new home?

Thank you Keith for giving us a new home.

Wish there was a way to get to our predraft list from the old site, but oh well.

Last edited by painekiller; 04-23-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:39 PM
On the Sidelines

Send a message via AIM to badboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post

Wish there was a way to get to our predraft list from the old site, but oh well.
i just joined this site due to info Keith put on texanstalk.com and so far this looks pretty good. 4 days until draft! Arggh
Old 04-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post

I'm glad those of you here so far have found the new site. Welcome!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Veteran Depth

It's good to have the place back again. I had a jones going. I hope most the old gang finds their way over here. I didn't post that much but I enjoyed reading. It's good to be back.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm glad those of you here so far have found the new site. Welcome!
Thanks for starting this. I was in withdrawals.......
Old 04-25-2008, 08:55 PM
On the Sidelines

Thanks Keith for the comeback
Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 AM
On the Sidelines

You don't know whatcha got...'til its gone.

While I didn't post much, I read alot.

Thanks for the new home Keith!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:47 PM
On the Sidelines

Send a message via AIM to 281

i'm hoping this new little site gets to the same level as HPF was... i still miss it.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Street Free Agent

Just jumped on board from Clutchfans. I'm glad there's a place to talk Texans.
Thanks for hosting.

See y'all soon!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Thanks again to all the well-wishers, both here on the boards and in private.

Frankly, without any sort of transition plan whatsoever and no spam campaign to promote the new site, I am excited and pleased so many of you have already found your way here. The traffic reports from the server have surprised me every day this past week.

As for HPF, I've moved on. What happens next with the old site is largely up to Ric, should he want to do anything at all. And yes, we - the entire HPF staff - have parted amicably. ItB.com would never have been possible without my experiences behind the scenes at HPF.com.

While I am in possession of all our old stuff (which who knows may yet see the light of day again in some way), re-loading it here is not my intention at all, sorry. I might cherry pick a little of my old items for reference or nostalgia if it's appropriate for me to do so, but beyond that, don't expect to see a lot of old HPF stuff around here anytime soon.

With the inevitable deadness of the offseason still ahead, I expect there will be a lull in site traffic, but hopefully the summer will give me time to develop the front end of the site a little bit more, maybe in time for training camp.

In the near future, my goals are small. I'd like to settle on a site banner and logo, then print up new shirts for giveaways. I expect the Haiku Monster will find his way here before long, and who knows what else will happen. Thanks again for finding the new site and sticking around to find out with me.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Veteran Depth

I am late with this thank-you note, but I thank you ever so much for putting this facsimile of the old board back on-line. It fits like a comfortable old shoe. Since most of the old guys are back it is like we never left. For a while there I just rolled around frantically looking for some vestige of the old crowd and finally found Keith on the Texans board. Thank goodness!!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Regular Starter

Took me quite awhile, but I just found the site. Thanks soo much Keith and goodluck.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:45 AM
Regular Starter

Just found the proper thread.

Thanks Keith for getting this all together. I have one request please. If you could hunt down "chuck" and throw an invite his way it would be appreciated.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradodude View Post
If you could hunt down "chuck" and throw an invite his way it would be appreciated.
chuck has posted a few times so he knows about the site.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Regular Starter

Cool.

Thanks popanot. I figure as the team gets more activity, like training camp, we'll get more posters.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 AM
All-Pro

I guess I'm a real idiot. It took me over 3 months to find the place. I missed everything in the meantime (draft, OTAs).

Either way, after wandering in the desert for 40 years, I have finally come home. Thanks guys for continuing the site.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Welcome... there are no idiots. There was ZERO transition plan from HPF to the initiation of this site, so finding it has not been the easiest thing to do. In fact, out of the "regulars" from HPF, we're maybe about halfway there (if even that) so far. Taking that into consideration, you're cutting edge.

Speaking of, I did a little reading up in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
With the inevitable deadness of the offseason still ahead, I expect there will be a lull in site traffic, but hopefully the summer will give me time to develop the front end of the site a little bit more, maybe in time for training camp.

In the near future, my goals are small. I'd like to settle on a site banner and logo, then print up new shirts for giveaways. I expect the Haiku Monster will find his way here before long, and who knows what else will happen. Thanks again for finding the new site and sticking around to find out with me.
I can report that progress has been at least as good as expected, thanks mostly to all of you rebuilding the little community we have here. While the front-end content and development hasn't changed too much this summer, the 7-day site traffic last week was the best 7-day window in the brief history of ItB.com. So first, I think we can all sense that the summer lull in traffic is coming to an end, and second, more of us are finding and returning to the site. Thanks!

Upcoming items... I might only make one open practice this weekend due to a family committment, but be sure to check by next Monday for my impressions of the first workout I can attend. I'm then going to write up what I see from the 7/31 and 8/2 practices as well.

We're wrapping up the Haiku contest now, and I anticipate I'll have Over/Under contests, maybe first with the Cowboys preseason game, then again with the regular season opener, winners receiving new ItB.com t-shirts. I think the survivor pick 'em contest is popular enough for us to do again this year as well.

Lastly, thanks to those who have made contributions to the site. The donations help me keep the site from being a little less in the red and help in keeping up with both the annual costs and the ongoing stuff (shirts, postage, etc) a little easier.